Best character to use on average?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Simply put, which character would you say tends to be top tier in most DB games? For fairness, we'll exclude both versions of Gogeta, since he's overpowered in any game he's in and will only be talking about the main console games from Budokai to FighterZ.

On average, I'd probably say Piccolo tends to be amongst the best. He had incredible range in the Budokai games and was still able to execute hard hitting combos in the Tenkaichi games, with his abilities in the Raging Blast games also being fairly overpowered when it came to ruining someone's combo. In Xenoverse and FighterZ, he was fairly mediocre, though otherwise has a great track record. Pure Boo is up there too, though his moveset in BT1 was very mediocre compared to the other two Tenkaichi games.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
In Budokai 3, I always liked using Oob because spamming his ki cannon attack was an easy way to win on Z2 and Z3 difficulty. Can't say I really had any preference for characters otherwise, although on Supersonic Warriors I always loved going through Piccolo's story mode and merging with Piccolo Daimao (which I still think should've happened in Super).

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Piccolo had great reach for sure. You'd think on paper it'd sound good to use Captain-Ginyu, you know switch when you're in trouble but not all that.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Fantastische Hure said:
Piccolo had great reach for sure. You'd think on paper it'd sound good to use Captain-Ginyu, you know switch when you're in trouble but not all that.
Body Change was an effective strategy in the Budokai games, Tenkaichi 1, Burst Limit and Xenoverse, though that's all Ginyu had going for him and you could just equip it to a better custom character in XV.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Body Change was an effective strategy in the Budokai games, Tenkaichi 1, Burst Limit and Xenoverse, though that's all Ginyu had going for him and you could just equip it to a better custom character in XV.
It was in a way I guess if you were to play Player vs Player. Burst-Limit also had him being able to inflict self-damage but other-wise his move-set was kind-of hard to use for me I think IIRC.

Keedounan

Elite
Kid Boo consistently seems to be a beast in video games. Looks like being the final villain of DBZ encourages the developers to purposely make him overpowered.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Definitely Akkuman.

Pocket-God

Elite
"Best character to use on average?"

Gogeta of course.

"For fairness, we'll exclude both versions of Gogeta"

:donovan2

I agree with Keedounan, Kid Buu is usually pretty good.

Perfect Cell as well. I'd also say Janemba but he isn't in the games consistently which is sad.