Blackbeard vs Aokiji

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'd give it to Blackbeard with extreme difficulty. Blackbeard is going to be Luffy's final roadblock before becoming the pirate king, he will have to be stronger than Kaido for this to be the case. Aokiji is definitely weaker than Kaido going by how Ryokugyu was afraid of Shanks as well as Kaido.

He'll be able to give him a good fight but I can't see him winning in any scenario.

Future Warrior

Elite
I'd give it to Blackbeard with extreme difficulty. Blackbeard is going to be Luffy's final roadblock before becoming the pirate king, he will have to be stronger than Kaido for this to be the case.

I mean, that's talking about his endgame potential, which he probably isn't at in the current moment.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He should be close though. We are in the final arc.

Future Warrior

Elite
For someone that was intimidated by Old Rayleigh, and couldn't low diff Law, his peak power doesn't seem all that special if he's already close to it lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think he's still hiding what he can do. We've yet to see him actually use his powers in the New World. Being intimidated by Rayleigh could be a PTSD type of thing, he was around to see Rayleigh in his prime after all.

Future Warrior

Elite
That’s fair. I’m only hesitant to place him that high cause that would only be going by pure speculation rather than what’s been shown to us so far. Blackbeard didn’t want to initiate a fight with him when they met, and we have Aokiji swapping hands with Garp, conquerors Haki and all. But they are definitely in the same tier.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think the Garp incident made Aokiji look bad honestly. Maybe you could argue that he wasn't trying his hardest due to his obvious links with Garp, but it still took half of Blackbeard's crew to take down a 78 year old man.

Future Warrior

Elite
Yeah Idk why people think Rayleigh is equal or even stronger than Garp. The latter was a rival of Roger lol.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think it was more so due to Garp not doing anything prior to this. He definitely wasn't made out to be a Yonko tier fighter during Marineford. He was also going on about how age has made him weak.

Future Warrior

Elite
Honestly Dragon has to be way stronger than we think. We know less about him than even Shanks.

Garp and Luffy (soon) are on that tier, why would he be the exception in the family?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah. Given that his second in command can challenge an Admiral, he should be above that level.