DBZ Kakarot Trophy/Achievement Guide

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So, after getting all the achievements in this game, I thought it might be worth making a guide for those wanting to get the 1000G/Platinum. This is a pretty easy game, though is fairly time-consuming (I've currently clocked in at 39 hours) and none of them are misseable (though not actively pursuing sub-stories whenever you can will definitely hinder the ease of the game.

So, before going into the guide, just a few starting tips:

#1 - Ignore nothing - All that you gain will come in handy. Be sure to collect Z orbs regularly until you have a fair amount (20-30,000 for each of the base colours will usually keep you good), update your characters' skill trees whenever you can, use the training grounds to get new Super Attacks whenever you can and always do any available sub-stories to earn far more EXP than you would by grinding fodder opponents. You can keep track of what sub-stories are available by checking the In Progress section of Story details in the pause menu or by seeing if any section on the world map has a blue aura jutting up.

#2 - Sell some items and keep a good stock of healing items. Whenever you get an item that's only use is to be sold (eg. anything that starts with "Fancy") sell it and make sure you have a decent amount of healing items. This becomes significantly easier after the Freeza Arc as you can gain Senzu Beans on a semi-regular basis that completely restore health and Ki. To be conservative, I'd say don't resort to a healing item until you're down to your last bar of health. I'd also recommend you don't resort to them to heal up prior to a boss fight as there are several campfires in every section of the world that can be used to instantly heal by resting.

#3 - Keep updating the community boards that become available throughout the story as they offer decent bonuses. The most necessary one is the Training Community that becomes available after Goku's training with Kaio as this can offer a boost to the EXP earned and some defence bonuses. The Z-Warrior Community is also good for increasing attack and the Adult Community can reduce prices/increase Zeni earned from selling items. It's obviously recommended to place characters naturally profficient to a community in order to level it up quickly. This is another place where doing all sub-stories can help as many of them offer soul emblems.

Now, onto the main guide. I'll skip over the initial achievements being "Former Foe", "Tell Me More", "Helping Hand" and "Newfound Power" as the game holds your hand with them from the start until your arrival at Kame House. Onto the battle against Raditz and here are the ones you ought to get from the Saiyan Arc:

Saiyan Arc

Medal Madness (Bronze/15G) - Collect 10 D Medals

Pretty straightforward. D Medals will come as rewards for Sub-Stories and can be found in the open world as glowing purple orbs you need to go near and interact with to gain (you can easily use Ki search to find them, with them appearing as rainbow/purple masses when doing so). You ought to get this pretty early into the Saiyan Arc, around the 1 year training events. Getting 100 D Medals over time will eventually unlock you Heavy Medal (Silver/30G) (most likely around the middle of the Freeza Arc).

"Not Worth My Time" and "Can't Touch This" (Both Bronze/15G) - Get an instant victory, Get 50 instant victories

You can get both early by grinding, though it's most likely you'll get A Dark Omen in between them as part of story progression. To get an instant victory, you need to be flying at full speed by holding the analogue stick forward and rushing into a weaker enemy. I would recommend grinding for the 50 when getting to the point of the story when playing as Goku before the battle against Nappa as the likelihood of oneshotting an enemy becomes a fair bit lower at later points in the game. Going around the southwest area of Blake Bog is a good spawn point for enemies. If wanting additional tips on how to successfully dash through enemies, it can be best to draw them to you and then rush at them when they're flying directly towards you.

Flashy Finish (Bronze/15G) - Win with a Super FInish

This can be obtained at any time and may come naturally, though the earliest this can be done is when you unlock Kaioken for Goku. A Super Finish is done by being transformed, activating surge mode (Holding down Y/Triangle when the gauge right of your health bar is full) and winning the battle with a Ki attack such as Kamehameha or Gallick Gun. This can be done in typical enemy encounters, so no need to wait until a boss battle. Just take down the enemies until there's only one left, go Kaioken + Surge and spam Kamehamehas.

Worse For Wear (Silver/30G) - Complete the Saiyan Saga

Pretty basic story progression. As far as tips on facing each of the main bosses:

Raditz - Can be a bit annoying with how much he likes to spam his Here's a Present and adjusting to dodge his Double Sunday can be difficult when not fully used to the game yet. Fighting Nappa as Gohan can be a bit difficult as Nappa has great coverage in melee and ranged attacks. Simply keep mindful of his movements, guarding and dodging when appropriate. His most difficult move to dodge would be his Volcano Explosion due to its range. The way to dodge it is dash as far back as possible using the analogue stick and the A (Xbox)/X (PS4) button until you're out of its range. Using support attacks whenever you can will also help. Goku VS Nappa is ridiculously easy by comparison, as it should be. Vegeta is surprisingly easier to beat than his subordinates as long as you keep mindful of guarding/dodging his attacks. Just be wary that he likes to keep his distance. Both Oozaru battles are extremely easy, merely requiring you to spam your long range Ki supers to win and Vegeta is a pushover when facing him as Gohan.

Intermission

During the intermission, you have a decent time to get some achievements whilst completing the available sub-stories.

There's Nothing Like a Home Cooked Meal! (Bronze/15G) - Make a full course meal

Story-related during the intermission. The achievement for making 5 full courses won't be available anywhere near yet. At earliest, you'll get that one during the Boo Arc, if not during the post-game.

The voice in my head (Bronze/15G) - Receive a telepathic message from King Kai.

Not sure if this just comes from story progression, though I got it quickly after starting the intermission. Messages from Kaio start appearing randomly after the Saiyan Arc. They will usually come from gaining a certain amount of Z-Orbs or breaking rocks in mineral reserves using Ki blasts (every 10 rocks or so). You can try and get 20 of these to get "Who Needs a Phone?" (Bronze/15G) though I'd say trying so would be tedious and the 20 messages should come naturally through exploring (I got it during the intermission after the Cell Arc).

Thirsty For Knowledge (Silver/30G) - Unlock 200 entries in the Z-Encyclopedia

This should come naturally through story progression. Open world exploration to find various animals and some memorial spots should boost the amount. I got this not long after completing the Saiyan Arc.

The Power of Friendship (Bronze/15G) - Use 10 Support Attacks

Support attacks are used by pressing R1/RB and the button assigned to the support attack palette. If you don't get this from the battle against Nappa, you ought to get it when having Kuririn as your support in the intermission or when arriving on Namek.

Excavator (Bronze/15G) - Destroy a boulder blocking a cave

Katchin boulders are located around the world, requiring a certain level to destroy them of which is displayed near the boulder. You can locate them by marking a mineral reserve on the map and travelling to it. Not all mineral reserves are covered by a boulder, but all boulders are located at mineral reserves. Use Ki search and see if a glowing pink rock shows up to know whether or not you're near a Katchin boulder. By the time of the intermission, Gohan will probably be around level 14 or so, at which there are a fair amount of Katchin boulders in the areas you've unlocked that can be broken, though you'll probably have to wait until close to the Cell Game to find 10 you can destroy for Demolition Artist (Bronze/15G).

Freeza Arc

Moving onto the Freeza Arc, being on Namek surprisingly changes little as shops are still available to buy and sell items. For the achievements you should get here:

Do-Gooder (Bronze/15G) - Complete 10 Sub-Stories

If you don't get this from the intermission, you should definitely be able to get this after the first or second sub-story on Namek (available when you start playing as Gohan after Vegeta VS Monster Zarbon iirc).

Emperor No More (Silver/30G) - Complete the Freeza Saga

As a quick overview of each boss battle, Cui likes to use ranged attacks, so simply dodge as much as you can. I surprisingly found Dodoria the most challenging boss in the whole game for similar reasons to Nappa. He has charging melee supers, long range ki supers and his surge mode super Dodoria Launcher/Maximum Buster can be difficult to dodge. You may have to use your healing items here. Zarbon is easy to put down as he has pretty typical choreographed melee attacks and ki supers. Monster Zarbon is a major step up in difficulty due to his Monster Crash attack. Whilst dodging his ki blasts nuking the battlefield, he'll start chasing you and catch you. Not sure if you can dodge it.
Onto the Ginyus, Gurd is an annoyance through his status abilities and you need to keep on your feet to dodge the psychic rock walls he shoots at you. Be sure to make good use of Kuririn's support attacks, particularly Taiyoken. Reacoom is more of a typical enemy that doesn't require too much of a strategy against. Fighting Jheese and Butta as well as Jheese and Ginyu after that can be difficult as they're 2 V 1 situations, though as long as you focus on taking one down first and keeping an eye on the arrow pointing to the other (red meaning they're about to attack you) and having good healing items should allow you to pull through. All of Freeza's forms are pretty typical in being a mix between choreographed melee strikes and going back some distance for their Ki supers. 100% Freeza is the most difficult of Freeza's forms due to his Death Saucer being difficult to dodge and you need to make sure you keep a decent amount of Ki at all times as when he charges up his Death Ball, you will have the opportunity to stop him with a Kamehameha/Super Kamehameha to deplete the gauge above his head and then follow up with Circle/B to hit him hard with the iconic gut punch.

Intermission

For this intermission, the amount of things you can do is now far greater than before.

Highly Skilled (Bronze/15G) - Acquire 50 Super Attacks or masteries in the Super Attack Skill Tree

If you've been constantly updating each characters' skill trees and done training ground challenges to unlock new super attacks, you should get this not long into the intermission. It's easier to catch up here as the intermission offers you access to 3 characters at once (Gohan, Piccolo and Vegeta).

Wish Maker (Bronze/15G) - Summon Shenron from the Dragon Ball menu and make a wish.

During the Freeza Arc intermission, you will first gain access to the Dragon Balls. Go onto the world map and see if an area has a Dragon Ball icon and says "Dragon Ball located". When travelling there, you should be able to locate the Dragon Ball through the icon on the map (sometimes it will overlap another notable site on the map, so look closely if you don't see it at first glance. Once gathering all seven, you will be able to make one of these wishes:

* Wishing a dead villain back to life for a training sub-story (Raditz, Nappa, Zarbon, Dodoria and Ginyu Force). Completing these will unlock their soul emblem, all of which have high proficiency in training.
* Wish for Z-Orbs (10,000 of each I believe as well as a fair few rainbow orbs).
* Rare items (One of each of rare ingredients, gift items, etc.)
* Zeni (30,000)

Potentially, you could also gather them 5 times for "Getting Greedy" (Bronze/15G) and 10 for "Shenron's Favorite" (Silver/30G) but this would require waiting 20 minutes in game each time and more wishes will be available the more you get through the story. During the Cell Arc intermission, these upgrades include:

* Revivals: Cui, Lord Appule, Cell Juniors
* Zeni - 50,000

For the post-game:

* Revivals: King Cold, #19 and #20, Babidi's minions
* Zeni - 100,000

This was a long post, so I'll cover the Cell/Boo Arcs and the post-game mop-up in a separate post.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Onto part 2, though there is something I left out of the intermission prior:

Z Combo Zealot (Bronze/15G) - Perform 10 Z Combos

You can potentially perform this as early as the intermission as a 3 man party is required for it, though even if taking on the villainous parties in Blake Bog/Gizard Wasteland, I'd doubt they'd last long enough for you to do 10 without drawing out the fights (though the battle against villainous Raditz and Nappa after clearing the other villainous parties in the area is a good place to pull off one at least).

To do a Z Combo, you need to pull off several support attacks with both your support characters until their icons have an orange aura glowing around them. Once both of them are doing this, press L1 + R1/LB + RB simultaneously and you'll pull off a Z Combo. I'd say it's easier to go for this during the Cell Arc intermission as most enemies flying around will be bulky enough to survive until then (particularly the robots in the northern mountains and the villainous parties around Kame House).
Having Kuririn and Tenshinhan in the party, making sure both have Taiyoken, and using Taiyoken to not deal damage can help you get it early, though that's assuming they don't take out the enemies themselves through melee combos.

Cell Arc

The Cell Arc is where you gain access to a lot of new features that will net you a large amount of achievements at once in some cases, as well as general new things that will help going forward such as more useful super attacks in the skill tree and access to the gravity training (though I'd recommend going for that and its skills post-game).

Fountain of Knowledge (Gold/70G) - Unlock 400 entries in the Z Encyclopedia

This should come naturally through story progression and exploration. I got it around the time I was about to face off against Mecha Freeza, but it shouldn't take much longer if you don't get it at that point.

The Turtle School achievements

These can be gained all at once. When you find some time to talk to Roshi during the 3 year training, he'll offer you rewards for the Turtle School challenges you've completed (you can check progress in the Turtle School Manual in the Story section). One challenge gives you Turtle School Trainee (Bronze/15G), 20 gives you Turtle School Master (Bronze/15G) and 50 gives you Turtle School Legend (Silver/30G). Even if completing them prior, you wouldn't have been able to claim them prior to completing the Freeza Arc due to story events preventing Roshi from acknowledging them. You could potentially get these in the intermission, but I'd say hold off a little longer just to make sure you'll gain all 3 at once.

The 3 year training will allow you to get the Dragon Balls, so you should be able to get the Wish Maker achievement at this point for using them 5 times if you've been collecting them whenever available.

Through simple progression by keeping up to date with the Super Attack skill trees, you should also get A Super Warrior Is Born (Silver/30G) early into the arc for gaining 100 super attacks or mastery skills. Remember that this is across the board, so something like 25 for 4 characters would count.

The development based achievements

At a certain point into the Cell Arc (after completing the driving test I believe), you will be able to get Bulma to make you vehicles in Capsule Corp. You'll know this to be the case once the Development Community unlocks. Simply go talk to Bulma in the laboratory there (the room Vegeta will test out the gravity chamber simulation in during the story) and talk to Bulma, selecting the R&D option.
Next, go to the machine parts section of R&D and build any part to unlock Let the Building Begin! (Bronze/15G). Build all necessary parts for the hovercar (listed in the checklist next to it) in order to build the car and get Get out of My Head and Turn Into My Car (Bronze/15G). Then, do the same for the bipedal walker parts to build it and get Robot Rider (Bronze/15G).

Some recommend to make a manual save before this and reload in order to save both items and Zeni, but I'd argue against it as both vehicles are necessary for some sub-stories in the Boo Arc.

Aside from some exploration to get Demolition Artist (Bronze/15G) or Who Needs a Phone? (Bronze/15G) as discussed prior, there aren't any more achievements you should gain from this arc beyond story completion:

Earth's New Champion (Silver/30G) - Complete the Cell Saga

As a brief overview of each boss, Mecha Freeza is basically the same as his true form in combat, so not that hard. Adjusting to Trunks' moveset is harder than the actual fight, though it should come easily as long as knowing his Burning Attack is his only long range Ki super at the time and the rest are melee ones. This will come in handy for beating him as Goku immediately after. #19 is quite the annoying boss to face. His eye lasers, charge melees and Ki barrages aren't too difficult to deal with, but he can get health back by absorbing your Ki, so be mindful of when you use Ki supers (only do so immediately after knocking him back with a combo). Gero is basically #19 on steroids as when in surge mode, he will automatically get behind you and drain Piccolo's Ki if you get knocked back by an attack of his. From what I'm aware, you can break out of it by mashing the melee button, but the game gives you no indication of this. #18 is far less irritating to deal with, though be wary she does like the mix things up between melee combos and Ki supers.
1st form Cell is the most irritating of his forms as, like with #19 and #20, he just loves giving you the succ in the worst possible way. Avoid his Kamehameha and Makankosappo when he starts to use them and be wary he will occasionally use the Taiyoken in order to make you vulnerable. Staying your distance can be good for this fight. #17 is easier to deal with than his sister as the experience fighting #18 will make you aware of how to face him. The battles against Trunks and Goku in the Rosat aren't worth going into as you should know how they operate at this point. 2nd form Cell's Kamehameha is difficult to dodge as it's far wider than expected, though he's otherwise a pushover compared to his previous form. Fighting Perfect Cell as Vegeta shouldn't be too difficult as he relies mainly on the standard melee combos, Ki barrage supers and Kamehamehas. When fighting him as Goku or Gohan, he will also start charging up a Kamehameha at some point and like with 100% Freeza's Death Ball, you can prevent it by draining the bar above him with Ki blast supers and follow up with the cinematic when pressing Circle/B. Just be aware he also uses a barrage death beam, so avoid the red lines when he choreographs it. In fact, I'd say the Cell Juniors are more difficult to deal with than their perfect daddy. Facing 3 of them, it can be difficult to combo when another will start attacking you even with Trunks and Vegeta to support you. Still, you need only be wary of their Taiyoken and choreographed attacks as well as have some healing items as Goku will have to defeat 6 of them. Super Perfect Cell is more challenging than his perfect self as he mixes up his attack pattern far more frequently. He will also use the Shishin no Ken/Multi-Form at least twice in the battle, at which point you need to try and take out the copies that have one bar of health first to make things easier. These copies will lead to a whole bunch of Death Beams covering the screen in their second appearance, though you should be able to dodge through dashes and adjusting your elevation.

In the intermission, you may be able to gain Shenron's Favorite (Silver/30G) from using the Dragon Balls 10 times as you'll have many opportunities to gather them with the time it takes for some sub-stories, especially if you've revived some villains. I also found that the recharge rate for the DBs was incredible fast at this section, the Dragon Balls seeming to be active almost immediately upon me using them and travelling to another area. If you don't get it here, you'll have to wait until the post-game.

Boo Arc

Push It To the Limit (Bronze/15G) - Complete 10 challenges at a Training Ground location with any character

For this, you have to do 10 training ground challenges as one character, not 10 overall. You should've already done a decent amount if you've kept updating the skill tree (I had about 9 done as Goku and 7 as Gohan by the start of the arc), so just do the ones available as Goku when you play with him again and you should get it in no time, especially with how high a level he will be at that point.

Evil All Around (Bronze/15G) - Defeat 20 Villainous Parties

You should be aware of what a villainous party is from the story tutorial on them in the Saiyan Arc. They will start appearing in areas after completing a story arc, though you won't be a high enough level to take on those current ones. It's best to try and be above their level to make sure you don't struggle too much, so treat them as a means of getting EXP and maybe the Z Combo achievement once you're sufficiently levelled during the intermissions or when needing a boost for the next boss fight. I got this one specifically just prior to the Pure Boo fight when using them to train for the fight in the Central Continent.

Bye Bye Buu (Gold/70G) - Complete the Buu Saga

Going over the major bosses, we have Pui Pui. Were you expecting him to be a joke? Well, the all powerful Pui Pui will prove quite challenging due to him being so fond of sitting back and spamming his Ki super. You should still be able to beat him without immense difficulty by playing things safe. Yakon is a mix between that and #19 as he can eat your ki attacks to regain health and likes to sit back to launch a long range slicing attack. His supers have a good chance of guard-breaking you, so I'd advise knocking him back with melee supers when an opening presents itself. Dabura shouldn't be a problem as, if you've been doing all the sub-stories you can, Gohan should be a higher level than the rest of your characters at this point. Majin Vegeta functions very similar to his Saiyan Arc self, the only difference being that he also likes to launch 3 successive Big Bang Attacks. Be warned that if you're hit by one, you won't recover in time to avoid the other two.
Onto Boo,he's an opponent you'll want to keep your distance against. His candy beam will leave you immobile and allow him a chance to deal significant damage to you. His Angry Explosion has great range, so it's best to just block it and immediately counter with a melee super after he uses it. Facing Evil Boo is far easier as Gotenks deals a great amount of damage in both fights (particularly when a SS3 as he'll automatically be in surge mode) and Ultimate Chadhan should be over-levelled enough to make this canon. The only new thing Gotenks Boo brings to the table is Galactic Donuts to immobile you, though it's easy to dodge as long as you pay attention. Gohan Boo adds the Super Kamikaze Ghost Attack into the mix, though you should be able to guard against it fine.
Onto the Pure Boo fight and it's split up into four separate fights, all of which your experiences from prior bosses will come in handy. The first fight is the most difficult of the bunch where you face him as SS3 Goku. Early into it, he'll make duplicates of himself. Just do what you did against SPC and take down the copies. There will also be an animation of him rushing forward at certain points, at which you need to guard immediately to avoid taking damage and get the opportunity to then hard counter him with a melee super (I'd advise Dragon Hammer or Ultimate Janken Paper for Goku at this point. The Ryu-Ken isn't worth the Ki it uses up). There will also be an animation of Boo going into the air and charging up his Planet Burst/Vanishing Ball, at which point you need to do as you did in the Nappa fight and dash away from the aura covering the ground. This will also offer you a good opportunity to charge up your Ki. Have some Senzu stocked up just in case. The following fights against him as SS2 and then Base Vegeta are far easier versions of this but without the duplicate segment. The final fight is playing as Base Goku in surge mode. If you've kept your skill tree updated and have EX or Super EX Spirit Bomb in your moveset, spamming this can help settle the fight quickly, though be wary of Boo's fondness in using Kamehamehas. Boo won't use his Planet Burst, so this fight is the easiest of the bunch.

Post-Game Mop Up

You ought to only have 4-5 achievements left at this point:

Purging The Plague (Silver/30G) - Defeat 30 Villainous Parties

Mopping up the rest of the Villainous Parties is pretty straightforward. I'd recommend having a team of your highest levelled characters (Goku, Gohan and Vegeta). Use their highest level transformation (SS3, Power Unlreashed and SS2 respectively) and be strategic of when you use support attacks. This can be a good way to get Z Combos if you haven't got that achievement yet. There are more than 30 Villainous Parties, so this should come naturally when aiming for the secret boss fight.

Only the Finest (Bronze/15G) - Make 5 Full Course Meals

This is the only achievement you have to go out of your way for as it must be 5 different full course meals. The Meat Dish at the top you will have already done as part of story progression, so ignore that. If struggling finding recipes for the full-course, there are 5 that are easy to obtain:

* Ramen & Rice Course Recipe and Deluxe Pasta Course Recipe - Both can be found in the Satan City marketplace. Use Ki search above it to find a speech bubble of people talking about their recipes.
* Special Ramen Course Recipe - Try the same thing in the West City marketplace.
* Deluxe Seafood Course Recipe - Find the two people arguing about recipes around the fishing area south of West City.
* Super Deluxe Meat Course Recipe - Reward for completing #18's sub-story as Gohan near the start of the Boo Arc.

Potentially, you could get this in the early Boo Arc, though I'd say it's best to have a full course when you have a full party so it's not just one character getting all the benefits. If missing an ingredient for the meals that make up the full course, check area information on the world map to track down the missing ingredients.

Down With the Demon Realm! (Gold/90G) - Win the battle against Mira

After defeating all the Villainous Parties, a new one will appear at East Ravine being a Level 100 Gotenks and Vegetto. You shouldn't have too much trouble beating them at this point with well timed support attacks and uses of surge mode. After this, you can fight Mira on the Kaioshinkai. He has an incredible amount of defence that makes taking him down a chore, but he's otherwise an easy opponent to read. The only thing to watch out for is his giant ki ball, so keep your distance at times. Doing some sub-stories prior can help get you to a sufficient level, though you needn't be too close to him to gain victory as long as you have some Senzu in stock. I beat him with as Goku who was about Level 88 at the time, Vegeta at the same level and Gohan at level 92 or so.

Tough Enough (Gold/80G) - Complete a Level 10 challenge in the training room

This is the last achievement I got before the "Obtained all achievements" one. You need to upgrade the training room to Level 10 first. This shouldn't be too difficult as you ought to have sufficient Zeni at this point, though gather the Dragon Balls to get 100k if you think you need a major boost. All of the materials should be ones you'll have stocked up on your adventure. The only difficult ones would be the White and Black Meteorites as they're quite rare to find, even in the mineral reserves they spawn in. If struggling, go to the Satan City marketplace and buy them from the trader.
The Level 10 challenge will be facing Fat Boo, Evil Boo and Pure Boo, all at Level 95. After doing everything else, this isn't as challenging as it appears. I'd advise playing as Gohan as he ought to be your highest level character and definitely have Goku in support. Whenever you can, spam whatever your strongest Spirit Bomb is as a support attack to deal a whole lot of damage. You could do this battle as Goku, but him leaving himself vulnerable when using the Genki-Dama is ill advised. After you take down on of the Boos, the other 2 ought to be easy pickings.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This is a terrific guide [mention]Captain Cadaver[/mention]. Thanks for all of the effort out in towards making this. I’m already up to 30% on trophies and this has been a great help.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
monster zarbon's attack can be defended/guarded against, i think. that worked for me.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
An update I'd like to make to the guide for anyone looking to achievement/trophy hunt on the game if they haven't already. If having the DLC A New Power Awakens Part 1 and grinding out a few Super Level Up training battles with Whis, then you can basically stomp any enemy required for getting all achievements/trophies due to how overlevelled your characters can be.