DBZETA Dragon Ball Game Recommendation

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So I thought a thread like this would be of use to everyone. Simply put, vote for a game, or multiple games, and maybe add a brief explanation as to why. I'll then collect those votes and create a tier list of sorts, and put that list in the OP.

I'll start:

1+ Legacy of Goku II:
Webfoot Technology's second venture on the GBA. After the financial success, but critical bomb of Legacy of Goku, the sequel was all but certain to happen, but I'm sure many people in 2003 were skeptical. :king

To me, this is my favourite Dragon Ball game. It feels dated today, but for what it is, it's fine. It was a massive improvement over the first in literally every way, and in my opinion is better in certain aspects to the sequel, Buu's Fury.

1+ Attack of the Saiyans:
Another RPG, this time on the Nintendo DS. It covers the end of Dragon Ball, all the way up to the arrival of the Saiyans. There's quite a bit of fluff here to extend gameplay, but it's a nice, challenging RPG. The sprites and sound design in particular are quite nice and I'm grateful we now have an RPG game faithfully recreate the Saiyan Arc, as LOG1 was abysmal.

They hinted at a sequel in the end credits, but seeing as it's 11 years later, I doubt we'll see one.

1+ Budokai Tenkaichi 2:
Honestly only nominating this one because I haven't played the third, which I imagine is better in just about every way. Even so, the graphics, the sound, the gameplay and especially the character roster were impressive for its time.

1+ Tenkaichi Tag Team:
This game is basically PSP's Budokai Tenkaichi game with unique 2v2 battles, or even 1v2 for added difficulty. The story is pretty lacklustre but overall it's a fun, polished experience.

1+ Buu's Fury:
Including Buu's Fury as it continues to improve on the work of Legacy of Goku 2, while also being unique, with things like instant transmission, SSJ3 and fusion. It also includes a battle with Janemba, the Other World tournament, and some interesting RPG elements. Would recommend this if you want a competent Buu Saga retelling.

.::S Tier::.
Legacy of Goku 2: 1 vote.
Attack of the Saiyans: 1 vote.
Budokai Tenkaichi 2: 1 vote.
Tenkaichi Tag Team: 1 vote.
Buu's Fury: 1 vote.
Kakarot: 1 vote.
Budokai Tenkaichi 3: 1 vote.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
+1 DBZ Kakarot
Has by far the most detailed retelling of the DBZ story out of any Dragon Ball game, as well as some substories that expand the world building and lore as well as fix genuine plot holes within the original series, showing perhaps the greatest level of passion out of any game in the franchise in respecting the original series. Its open world is also very well done for the most part.

+1 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Along with its notoriously large roster, the game has the most variation when it comes to modes such as its Ultimate Battle mode including Mission 100, SIMp Dragon and Disc Fusion. The combat and its competitive potential is also severely underrated as the right customisation can allow even pretty mediocre characters to find a strong niche with the right set, something made apparent by the YouTube series DBZ League.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So I've made the tier list. Obviously everything is in S due to having one vote each. As more members add there own votes to previously mentioned games, the rankings will change.

You can also add new games, of course. I'd just say keep your list short to maybe 3-5 games, and only upvote your most recommended/favourite. This allows for more variation