did any1-else notice...

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
that marik's voice changed more & more as he got more crazy i think & started looking crazier i think? his voice-actor for normal marik sounded kind-of normal & then seemed to get gradually different. i think u can especially hear the difference if u listen to marik's voice when he just changed to evil marik or vs mai compared to the ending against yugi. i'm not sure whether that was intentional or not i think i think.

marik's voice-actor performed rly good i think i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yes, he sounds like a different person with his alter ego. It's been really well done up to this point (Jonouchi vs Marik). He's really come across as a creepy and depraved guy, far more than I recall in the English version.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye & even after he becomes evil marik his voice seems to change more gradually i think i think. like initially after he becomes evil marik & vs mai, he still sounds some-wot closer to normal marik but by the end like when he duels yugi he sounds rly diff. & maybe even more crazy

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yea I could see the difference after he beat Bakura. He seemed pretty restrained in that Duel as far as his psychotic side goes, but his insanity came out in full force after he started dueling Jonouchi. Jonouchi even had to tell him to stfu because he kept going off on these insane rants about enjoying pain and darkness.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I remember in the duel against Mai Marik just seemed like a bloodthirsty guy until the last episode of the duel when his unhinged side came into play as he admitted he had no goals and only wanted to destroy and cause suffering to all life but himself. Against Jonouchi and Yugi/Atem though he does crazy faces every thirty seconds and seems as though he can't be stopped.

Warmmedown

Elite
if his VA/seiyuu read this he would feel extremely proud, even on his darkest day. Unless he wasn't acting and really was unhinged, in which case his best accomplishment in life was an accident.