did pegasus plant haga to throw exodia away?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
If he knows what's in Yugi's hand then it's very easy to counter. I don't see why he'd need to rid Yugi of it.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
that is true i think i think, but (& i don't knw how exodia works in manga exactly i think) he could maybe monster-reborn 1 exodia card & if he has the other 4 then he might still win, even-tho in real-life u need all 5 cards in hand i think

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Pegasus dueled Yugi in the Shadow Game when Yugi still had Exodia and never made mention of it. If he was afraid of it then I bet he would've found another way to force Yugi to come to Duelist Kingdom. Haga was shown to use underhanded tactics in Battle City by planting that card into Jonouchi's deck. He was a cheater.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why didn't Pegasus just make a deck of unbeatable cards for himself? Imagine if he had a full deck of exodia cards that only needed 1 piece to win the game with. Lol

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, that was weird i think but apparently he made the toon-deck only for himself & only cards he had or something like that iirc

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Kazuki Takahashi GASLIGHTED Haga into throwing Exodia away so every duel wouldn't just be stalling contests for Yugi to draw all 5 pieces of Exodia :king

Same reason why in the Doma filler arc the God cards were stolen, why Atem never really used Ra properly in a duel (even in the anime, he didn't just activate Ra's One Turn Kill or God Phoenix abilities and just let it die as a 5000 ATK beatstick).

Hector

High Class Warrior
Not directly, but I think it is very likely he manipulated Haga from the beginning. He could read minds, so he saw that Haga was planning to do that. Perhaps he made sure Haga and Yugi would come into contact on the ship.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I doubt he actually manipulated Haga, but he probably willingly let it happen since Exodia could prove to be a problem if Pegasus couldn't force Yugi to discard his hand. Its also stated by Pegasus' player hunters that Pegasus is extremely cheap and intended for no one to win his company's shares (manga) or the 3 million dollar prize money (anime dub).