Dragon Ball Movies' Box Office Rating

Pakl

High Class Warrior
There have been 21 theatrical Dragon Ball movies since 1986-2022. Each grossed differece income and here is the rating from the highest to the lowest

1. Dragon Ball Super: Broly: 4 billion yen (Japan)
131 million dollar (worldwide)

2. Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F: 3.74 billion yen (Japan)
70 million dollar (worldwide)

3. Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero: 2.51 billion yen (Japan)
100.4 million dollar (worldwide)

4. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods: 2.99 billion yen (Japan)
53 million dolar (worldwide)

While BoG did more than Super Hero in Japan, worldwide, Super Hero did almost double

5. Clash!! 10,000,000,000 Powerful Warriors: 2.72 billion yen

6. Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Battle!! The Great Three Super Saiyans: 2.55 billion yen

7. Dragon Ball Z: The Dangerous Duo! Super Warriors Can't Rest: 2.47 billion yen

8. Dragon Ball Z: The Incredible Strongest vs Strongest: 2.38 billion yen

9. Dragon Ball Z: Burn Up!! A Red-Hot, Raging, Super-Fierce Fight: 2.33 billion yen

10. Dragon Ball Z: The Galaxy at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy: 2.23 billion yen

11. Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiyan Son Goku: 2.21 billion yen

12. Dragon Ball Z: The Rebirth of Fusion!! Goku and Vegeta: 2.16 billion yen

13. Dragon Ball Z: Super-Warrior Defeat!! I’m the One Who’ll Win: 1.9 billion yen

14. Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest Man: 1.7 billion yen Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Fist Explosion!! If Goku Won’t Do it, Who Will?: 1.7 billion yen

15. Dragon Ball: Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle: 1.45 billion yen

16. Dragon Ball Z: Return My Gohan!!: 1.36 billion yen
Dragon Ball Z: A Super Battle for the Whole Earth: 1.36 billion yen
Dragon Ball: The Legend of Shenlong: 1.36 billion yen

17. Dragon Ball: A Mystical Great Adventure: 1.10 billion yen

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Lol at RoF being that high

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I was going to make a thread about this kind-of stuff, but not only DragonBall & more interesting. To this day I think Movie #6 is the most successful movie.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
BoG was released theatrically in the US, but not on a wide scale. The screenings were limited. After it was a massive success, that expanded. By the time Broly and Super Hero came it, they were considered reliable enough to be in pretty much every mainstream theater like a normal film. At least that's the case outside of Japan.

Super Hero was playing at the little indie theater in the mall I clean at. I was working here for every release since BoG but Super Hero was the first one to play. At least for outside Japan, the number of screens has a lot to do with the box office numbers.