Dragon Ball Z Translations

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
This is original Z, not Kai. Please post translations only here, discuss in the thread within DB Discussion.

RADITZ SAGA

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P5.3
Raditz: "Your battle power is a mere five, huh?... Piece of trash!"

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P7.1
Raditz: "There's somebody with a great power around. Range: 4,880."

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P8.3
Piccolo: Wh-what kind of power is this? It couldn't possibly be..."

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P10.2
Raditz: "Ho. Battle power 322. So, there are folks like you around, huh?... However, you are still no match for me."

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P11.2
Raditz: "That was a worthless technique, huh? Is merely kicking up dust all it can do?"

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P13.2-5
Raditz: "There's another great power here... that way! Range: 12,909. It's large...the largest power on this planet... this time for sure, it's Kakarrot!"

Chapter: 195 (DBZ 1), P13.2-6
Piccolo: "Th-this is ridiculous! I was shaking so much I couldn't move!"

Chapter: 196 (DBZ 1), P2.2-6
Raditz: "The position of this power is moving at considerable speed."

Chapter: 196 (DBZ 1), P5.2-6
Kuririn: "Sa, Goku, is your boy strong, like you?"
Goku: "About that... I think he has quite a bit of power, but Chichi gets mad when I try to train Gohan."

>Interesting note: Roshi says he thought Goku's power has diminished now that he has a family, but was proven wrong by Goku throwing the stone in the Ocean.<

Chapter: 196 (DBZ 2), P5.2-8
Goku: "S-something is coming this way! A-awesome! I feel an awesome power! What is it?!"

Chapter: 196 (DBZ 2), P5.2-6
Kuririn: "Be careful, Goku! That's no ordinary guy!"
Goku: "It appears to be this way. To be honest, just us standing here looking at each other like this has gotten me scared! Thia has never happened to me before!"

Chapter: 196
Context: Raditz talking about the Saiyans.
Raditz: "We have found a new planet, but it looks like we'd have a hard time of it with just the three of us... that's when I remembered of you, Kakarrort. Your battle power is still incomplete, but if you were to join up with the three of us, we could still manage."

Chapter: 198 (DBZ 4), P3.3
Raditz: “With your incomplete battle power, you can't possibly stand up to your older brother, after all.”

Chapter: 198 (DBZ 4), P10.2-5
Piccolo: “If you go with those two, you won't be able to defeat him. I will go with you”

Chapter: 198 (DBZ 4), P10.2-5
Piccolo: "You must have realized that his strength is extraordinary. He's an opponent that neither you nor I can stand up to. However... if you and I team up, then there's a slight possibility that we... can defeat him."

Chapter: 198
Roshi: There's certainly no stronger combo than them! It's just possible that they might win!"

Chapter: 199 (DBZ 5), P6.4
Raditz: “It's not possible for a kid that small to have a battle power of 710...!!"

Chapter: 199
Goku: "Piccolo, have you been training by wearing heavy stuff too?"
Piccolo: "Yeah, just like you. It's been a long time since I felt this light."

Raditz: "His (Piccolo) battle power has gone up to 408!"

Goku (after taking off the weights): "Maybe now we can have ourselves a little bit better of a fight."

Chapter: 199 (DBZ 5), P9.5, P10.2
Context: said after Goku removes his weights
Raditz: “Kakarot is now at 416...!”

Chapter: 199 (DBZ 5), P10.4
Raditz: “You guys think you have gotten all stronger by doing that? Don't make me laugh! To think that you would stroll in here with that kind of power! This is what they mean when they say you don't know your place.”
Goku: "Just being stronger in a fight ain't everything! We've got ourselves a strategy!"

Chapter: 199 (DBZ 5), P13.4-5
Context: after Raditz's first attack.
Goku: “He…he’s fast…!!! What speed…!!”
Piccolo: “And he came at us head-on. For him to get behind us in that one moment!”

Chapter: 199 (DBZ 5), P14.1-5
Context: still after Raditz's first attack
Raditz: “However, your death are just a matter of time now. Little by little, I'm going to increase the strength of my attacks!”
Piccolo: “T-to think that the difference in our levels would be this great!
Goku: "Somehow I have to grab his tail and make his power drop!"
Raditz: “The other two Saiyans besides me who are still alive have even higher battle powers than I do!”
*SHOCK*

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
More from Raditz arc.
Chapter: 201 (DBZ 7), P6.2-3
Context: said as Goku charges up the Kamehameha.
Raditz: "I-Impossible! His battle power is rising! Battle power 924... 925! He's able to concentrate his battle power into one point and raise it up?!"

Chapter: 201 (DBZ 7), P7.2, P13.3
Context: said as Piccolo charges up the Makankosappo.
Raditz: "Th-This one's battle power is now 1,020! U-Unbelievable! It's still going up!"
Raditz: "Battle power 1,330?! A-All of his battle power is gathered into just his fingertip!"

Chapter: 202 (DBZ 8), P5.3
Piccolo: "H-He avoided it! Wh-What kind of bastard is he, with such speed?"

Chapter: 203 (DBZ 8), P4.1, P8.3, P9.4
Radtiz: "B-Battle power... One thousand... One thousand three hundred seven?! N-Now his battle power is a mere one? It changed suddenly, along with his emotions. You've got to be joking! That brat has a battle power far higher than you two! I'm going to kill him now, while he's still incapable of adeptly using his power."

Chapter: 204 (DBZ 10), P12.1-4
Vegeta: "Everything else aside, Kakarrot's son's battle power... was unusually high, compared to Saiyan children."
Nappa: "It could have been some kind of mistake, couldn't it?"
Vegeta: "No, there's no mistake. Raditz did actually take a great deal of damage from that kid's strike. Apparently, when our blood is mixed with an Earthling's, it results in a hybrid with mighty power"
Nappa: "I get it. If we were to produce those guys one after another, then once again, Saiyan will rule no longer be a dream."
Vegeta: "You've got to be kidding. Just watch those guys grow and gain even power for themselves. Then it will be our positions that are in danger."
Nappa: "That would be true"

The training begins!!!
Chapter: 205 (DBZ 11), P4.4
Piccolo: "This Gohan kid should give us some powerful fighting potential, depending on the training he gets. For us to confront the two Saiyans who are to arrive here in another year, we're going to need his power. To that end, I'm going to have to train him."

Chapter: 205 (DBZ 11), P8.4-6, P9.1
Context: talking about Enma subduing Raditz
Goku: "You sure are strong, huh? You took care of somebody that awesome? *Goku to Kami* Maybe I should get Pops here to train me!"
Kami: "Shh! Your voice is too loud! You shouldn't be addressing Yama-sama in that tone!"
Goku: "But..."
Kami: "Keep quiet! Kaio-sama is even stronger."

Chapter: 205 (DBZ 11), P19.3
Context: Goku asked about Kaio-Sama
Goku: "Say, what kind of person is Kaio-sama?"
Enma's driver: "Ah yes, Kaio-sama is the gentleman that stands above all the Kami-sama throughout the universe."
Goku: "I'm sure he must be strong then!"

Chapter: 206 (DBZ 12), P5
Piccolo: "There's absolutely no chance of us winning with just him [Goku] and myself. We need your power too. Train yourself to learn the tactics of fighting, and defend the Earth!"
Gohan: "Me? You can't mean it! I can't fight at all!"
Piccolo: "Apparently, you still haven't realized it yourself. The power that you have locked within you is something else. That's why we're going to draw out that power through training, until you can use it effectively."

Chapter: 206 (DBZ 12), P8.1
Piccolo: "Come on! Show me that power you have locked away!"

Chapter: 206 (DBZ 12), P12
Context: After Gohan destroyed a huge rock
Piccolo: "Wh-What a surprise! This is more than I imagined!... I've got mixed feelings about this. Here I am about to raise someone who could turn out to be my most fearsome opponent in the future."

Chapter: 206 (DBZ 12), P13.1
Context: Piccolo talks on how Gohan's power works
Piccolo: "WHen your emotions become considerably raised, the natural power that you have locked up inside you is exhibited. However, it only lasts for an instant. We can't beat them like that! I'm going to drill into you the way to fight, and turn you into the greatest warrior ever. You got that?"

Chapter: 207 (DBZ 13), P5-7.1
Context: As Kami noticed something difference on Piccolo
Mr. Popo: "Kami-sama look strange. Something wrong?"
Kami: "Sure enough, there's something different about Piccolo from how he was before. He's still unmistakably evil, but I sense that the devious abrasiveness he had in the past is fading away."
Mr. Popo: "Popo thinks so too. The old Daimo not make Son Goku's son strong."
Kami: "What made me clearly realize that there was something strange about Piccolo... was that when Son Goku's brother Raditz was killed by him, his spirit went right to the Other World. Up until now, whenever anyone was killed by the Demon Clan, their spirit had been unable to pass beyond, and they drifted through the air, as they suffered. And yet, since Raditz had gone to the Other World, Piccolo is clearly different from how he was before."
Mr. Popo: "You mean Piccolo has good heart?"
Kami: "Perhaps he realizes it too. My life--and thus Piccolo's life--has only one more year left in it."
Mr. Popo: "One more year?"
Kami: "Whether it's because Piccolo will be killed by the Saiyans that are to arrive in another year, or whether it's because that is when my lifetime will run out, I do not know."
Mr. Popo: "Kami-sama..."
Kami: "My death means death for Piccolo, and Piccolo's death means death for me. Even being Kami, it is not a pleasant thing to know the time when one's death will come. He has to be sensing it too. Maybe he just wants to leave something of himself behind even if it is to Son Goku's son."
Mr. Popo: "Then, possibility of using Dragon Balls..."
Kami: "This next time will be the last one."

Chapter: 209 (DBZ 15), P3.5
Context: trying out the converted scouter
Bulma: "Let's see, 139..."
Roshi: "139? I'm not as young as that!"
Bulma: "This is the number that represents your strength, Muten Roshi-sama."

Chapter: 209 (DBZ 15), P4.2
Context: trying out the converted scouter
Krillin: "B-Bulma-san, what would my number be?"
Bulma: "Amazing! It says 206!"
Krillin: "Muten Roshi-sama, I really have surpassed you, huh?"

Chapter: 208 (DBZ 14), P9.3
Context: Piccolo’s reaction to witnessing the power of Oozaru Gohan.
Piccolo: "What's going on?! He's got extraordinary destructive power! A-At this rate, Earth will be annihilated before the Saiyans even get here!"

Chapter: 208 (DBZ 14), P12.2-4
Context: After Piccolo destroyed the moon
Piccolo: "T-To think that he could transform! It must be his Saiyan blood. I get the feeling that I've discovered the secret to him and Son Goku's strenghth. Looks like blowing the moon away was the right thing to do. I shudder to think of those Saiyan guys turning into monsters like that."

Training Part 2
Chapter: 210 (DBZ 16), P4.3
Context: Piccolo encourage Gohan to get stronger if he doesn't want to die
Piccolo: "Then get stronger! Even stronger than me! And... stronger than the Saiyans who will be coming in six months!"

Chapter: 210 (DBZ 16), P7.5, P8.1
Context: As the gravity pulls Goku to the ground
Goku: "What's wrong with the ground? Dammit! Incredible... It's like I'm being sucked in by some outrageous power" *After Goku tried to get up* "I-It's no use! It feels like my body is as heavy as lead! Dammit!"

Chapter: 210 (DBZ 16), P14.2-7
Context: King Kai explains his planet's gravity.
King Kai: "This is a small planet, but it has incredible gravity, see? I'll bet it's about ten times what it is on your planet. That means your own weight is ten times greater. See how high you can jump. As hard as you can."
Goku: "O-Okay..." *Jump as high as he can* "It's no use! That little bit is as high as I can go!"
King Kai: "If he can jump that high in ten times his normal gravity... This guy here has a lot of promise!"

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P2.2-7, P3.1
Context: Goku learns how many days left before the Saiyans arrive on Earth and the that they're stronger than King Kai himself
Goku: "Still, there's only 158 days until the Saiyans arrive, huh?"
King Kai: "Hey, 158 days will be plenty. Me training you on this planet for 158 days will have the same value as if you trained for a thousand years on Earth."
Goku: "Really?!"
King Kai: "However... Even if you do train with me, there's no guarantee that you will be able to beat the Saiyans. The two Saiyans that are headed for Earth have just that much awesome power. To be honest with you, their strength is even greater than my own."
Goku: "Even greater than yours, Kaio-sama?!"
King Kai: "That's right. Which means that if you cannot at least surpass me, it will be impossible for you to beat the Saiyans."

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P7.4-6, P8.1
Context: King tells Goku about Saiyans homeland and their instinct
King Kai: "Let me tell you something. The planet that the Saiyans are from had about the same gravity as here. That's where they built up their bodies. Do you now understand part of the secret to the Saiyans strength? But it's more than just that. Saiyans are born with a natural fighting sense. That's another thing that makes them so formidable."
Goku: "Hey, that's fine! I'm a Saiyan too!"

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P11.5, P12.1
Context: after catching Bubbles
King Kai: "He's amazing as I thought. He's already overcome the gravity here, has he? He might be able to handle it! The Kaio-Ken technique..."

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P13.1-3
Context: after training under God
Kami: "You have all far surpassed me. There is no longer anything that either I or Mister Popo can teach you. From now until the time of battle arrives, you should go down to the surface and polish your techniques. I leave the future to you."
Z Warriors: "Right!"

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P11.5, P12.1
Context: after catching Bubbles
King Kai: "There are still 118 days remaining. He just might be able to master it! The Kaio-Ken technique! Kaio-ken, the technique that I could picture in my dreams, but was ultimately unable to perform myself... As well as that finishing move..."

Chapter: 211 (DBZ 17), P13.4
Context: Piccolo training Gohan
Piccolo: "All right, that's it! You're starting to control your ki!"

Chapter: 212 (DBZ 18), P5.1-2
Context: explaining the technique after Goku blows up a large brick with a Genki-Dama made from the energy of Kaio's planet
King Kai: "The Genki Dama is a technique that takes all of the Genki energy from grass and trees, from people and animals, and even things and the atmosphere, and allocates a little bit from each of their energies, concentrates it, and shoots it. Even a Genki Dama from a planet as small as this had that kind of destructive force. The Earth, where you'll be fighting, is so much larger than this planet, it doesn't even compare. You can also harness the support of the sun's enormous energy. It will be a Genki Dama of incredible power. If you slip up, it wouldn't be too hard to destroy the very planet you're trying to protect. Although I will permit you to use it one time, if there's nothing else you can do. Got it?"
Goku: "Got it! I'm sure I can manage using just the Kaio-ken technique!"

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Saiyan Arc part 1
Chapter: 212 (DBZ 18), P10.2, P10.4
Context: Oolong asked Shenron to defeat the Saiyans
Oolong: "S-Say, um, asking for you to defeat the Saiyans and save the Earth... would be useless for us to wish for, huh?"
Shenron: "That wish is not possible. I was created of Kami. As such, I cannot grant a wish that surpasses Kami's power."

Chapter: 212 (DBZ 18), P13.1
Context: After Goku left King Kai's planet
King Kai: "That guy must have bottomless strength! And yet, his heart is clearer than crystal. To think that there's a guy like that in the Lower Realm..."

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P8.1-2
Context: Nappa and Vegeta reads the highest battle powers on Earth
Nappa: "That's strange. I'm picking up more than just one or two readings that have a battle power higher than 1000. What are they doing on this planet?"
Vegeta: "Don't panic. They're still no match for us. In any case, find the one who has the highest battle power."
Nappa: "There are two fairly high battle powers together."
Vegeta: "All right, Nappa, let's go have some fun."

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P8.3
Context: Nappa feels weighthless due to the Earth's gravity
Nappa: "This is great! This planet "Earth" here has fairly little gravity, and we can move with no difficulty at all!"

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P9.1-2
Context: As the Saiyans moving fast
Yamcha: "They're moving at incredible speed!"
Krillin: "They're heading straight for that area where those two other large ki are! Is that where Tenshinhan-san and them are? Or is it where Piccolo and Goku's son are?"

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P9.3
Context: Tien tells Choutzu not to come with him against the Saiyans
Tien: "Chaozu, you stay here!"
Chaozu: "No way! I'm coming, too! I trained hard, and I'm coming! Together with you, Ten-san!"

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P10.4
Context: Roshi explain why they can't go to fight the Saiyans
Roshi: "There's too great a difference in our levels. Even if I did go, I'd just be in the way. All we can do is pray for their victory from here."

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P11.3
Context: Piccolo told Gohan not to be afraid
Piccolo: "There's nothing to be afraid off. We've become so strong, it's incomparable to what we were a year ago."
Gohan: "R-Right!"

Chapter: 213 (DBZ 19), P14.2
Context: The Saiyans arrives in the battlefield
Krillin: "Th-Those are the Saiyans, huh? Indeed, I can sense an incredible ki from them. D-Danger truly is closing in on us!"

Chapter: 214 (DBZ 20), P2.6
Context: Namekians (in general)
Vegeta: "I get it. In an addition to having an unusually high battle power. I've heard that Namekians have certain remarkable abilities. I've also heard that there are some of them that can perform magician-like feats. You must be the one who created these Dragon Ball things."

Chapter: 214 (DBZ 20), P3.3-4
Context: Piccolo thanked Vegeta for telling him about his origin.
Piccolo: "Thanks. Because of you, I'm more-or-less starting to understand my heritage. But unfortunately for you, I'm not the one who created the Dragon Balls. I'm the kind that the specializes in fighting, you see."

Chapter 214 (DBZ 20), P3.6, P4.1
Context: Kami learn that he's an alien
Kami: "I-I didn't know. To think that I'm an alien... No wonder I always felt so different from everyone else. I am definitely the one who created the Dragon Balls long ago. Even though it was the first time I had ever made any, they seemed strangely familiar. There was probably someone on Planet Namek that also created something like the Dragon Balls. There were still memories of my distance ancestors within me."

Chapter: 214 (DBZ 20), P4.3
Context: Nappa reads Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin's battle powers
Nappa: "981...1,220...1,083... Miserable fools! You plan on facing us with that kind of battle power?"
Vegeta: "Nappa, take off your Scouter. These guys can alter their battle powers in response to the battle. We can't rely on these values anymore."

Part 2
Chapter: 215 (DBZ 21), P1.3
Context: after Tenshinhan beats a Saibaiman
Nappa: "I-Impossible! Saibaimen have a battle power of 1,200. They're on par with Raditz, as far as power goes!"
Vegeta: "His battle power must be higher than that."

Chapter: 215 (DBZ 21), P4.3
Context: After Vegeta kills a Saibaiman
Piccolo: "Th-That Saiyan blew that monster to bits in the blink of an eye! What a destructive force!"

Chapter: 215 (DBZ 21), P6.3-4
Context: as Yamcha fights a Saibaiman
Gohan: "Th-They vanished!"
Piccolo: "You fool! They're moving at high speed! Try feeling out the movement of their ki."
Gohan: "Th-The movement of their ki?"
Piccolo: "Everyone except for you can see them."

Chapter: 215 (DBZ 21), P10.4
Context: after seeming to beat the Saibaiman
Yamcha: "Looks like these monster aren't as strong as you think they are. I'll take care of the other four by myself, too."

Chapter: 216 (DBZ 22), P2.3
Context: As Krillin fire his attack against the Saibaimans and the Saiyans
Piccolo: "It's got tremendous energy, but almost no speed at all. It's like it's saying, "Get out of the way!""

Chapter: 216 (DBZ 22), P12.1-2
Context: After the Saiyans survived from Krillin's attack
Tien: "Impossible! It had hardly any effect on him at all! They were hit dead-on!"
Krillin: "I-I did that at full power! So that's what a Saiyan is, is it?"

Chapter: 216 (DBZ 22), P13.2-6
Context: As Nappa powers up
Tien: "Th-The ground is shaking!"
Chouzu: "It's no use! Ten-san! M-My telekinetic powers aren't working!"
Krillin: "Th-This can't be!"
Piccolo: "S-Still, I had no idea it would be this bad..."

hapter: 217 (DBZ 23), P7.6
Context: after Nappa beats up on Tenshinhan
Piccolo: "Wh-What power he has!"

Chapter: 217 (DBZ 23), P10.2
Context: talking about Nappa’s blast and the hole it creates
Piccolo: "I can't see the bottom of the hole! Unbelieavable! What an incredible energy wave!"

Chapter: 218 (DBZ 24), P2.3
Context: after Chaozu’s self-destruct attack doesn't faze Nappa
Krillin: "I-I-It can't be! How can this be unfazed?! Th-That's awful!" Chaozu even gave up his life!"

Part 3
Chapter: 218(DBZ 24), P14.3
Context: after Nappa isn’t injured by Tenshinhan’s Kikoho
Piccolo: "Don't tell me he's immortal!"

Chapter: 219 (DBZ 25), P3.5
Context: Krillin ask Piccolo about his plan
Piccolo: "No, I didn't think he was going to be this big a monster. He goes far beyond the Saiyan that came earlier."

Chapter: 219 (DBZ 25), P12.5
Context: after Vegeta orders Nappa to stop and Nappa instantly complies
Piccolo: "Be that as it may, the way the huge guy got timid-- does that mean that Vegeta runt over there is even more ridiculously strong? How can that be?"

Chapter: 220 (DBZ 26), P3.2
Piccolo: Gohan. believe in yourself! When you set your mind to it, your power is even greater than mine."

Chapter: 221 (DBZ 27), P14-3
Piccolo: "Wh-What ki is this? Th-There's an incredible ki coming this way from far off!"
Gohan: "I-It's true! A-An amazing, yet familliar ki!"

Chapter: 222 (DBZ 28), P1.4
Vegeta: "These guys have the unusual ability to sense someone's presence."

Chapter: 222 (DBZ 28), P2.2
Context: Goku sensed the Saiyans and his friends
Goku: "I'm close. I can feel them. There are two enormous ki, two even more enormous ki, and one small ki..."

Chapter: 222 (DBZ 28), P4.1
Vegeta: "Someone with a battle power of five thousand."
Nappa: "Five... Five thousand?! That's impossible!"
Vegeta: "It's definitely a reading that makes it unthinkable that this is the same Kakarot as before. What's more, these guys are able to alter their readings. That means it's at least five thousand."

Chapter: 222 (DBZ 28), P5.4
Context: Vegeta tells Nappa about Dragon Balls on Planet Namek
Vegeta: "I don't care! I have an idea. If we go to Planet Namek, the home world of that Namekian, I'm sure that there will be Dragon Balls that are even more powerful. I thought they were just worthless stories, but if Kakarot really has come back to life, then those legends are true after all."

Chapter: 222 (DBZ 28), P5.6
Context: Nappa doesn't believe that Goku's battle power is 5000
Nappa: "But Kakarot being five thousand has to be a mechanical malfunction."