Future of Dragon Ball Super, since Toriyama news?

Warmmedown

Elite
This topic had to come up. It's been a week since the news.

1. What do you think might be done with Dragon Ball now, in terms of new anime and manga content?
2. What do you think should be done, for the anime and manga?

AT has died, Ozawa is 87. On the one hand I previously thought they shouldn't carry on without Goku/Gohan's voice actress, but even more so now AT has died and isn't there to supervise. But there's still some unanimated content which Toriyama supervised, in the Super manga. And Ozawa is still doing well and working on Super could be better for her health and life quality. So maybe they should give an anime series a go and hopefully she makes it to the end. If she dies before they start, idk if the manga arcs are worth adapting with a new VA (not read them), compared to ending with the ToP/Broly.

I think the manga should just wrap up without major arcs, unless AT left behind enough details of how future arcs should go. I don't know heavily he was involved in changing Toyotaro's work for the previous arcs - he supervised, but did he ever change anything Toyotaro wrote?
If Toriyama gave his blessing to continue however Toyotaro sees fit, then fair enough I guess.

I have no idea what they'll do for the manga. I'm assuming they'll do at least one more anime series though, with any Goku voice actress.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I think new content will continue as usual. I don't think it should. Dragon Ball should have ended after BOG or remained limited to occasional movie releases.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
They’ll most likely continue the franchise after Daima. Dragon Ball makes Toei Animation too much money. Toyotaro is already continuing the Manga.

ScottyFamalam

Low Class Warrior
The manga is going on a break after this month's chapter. Not yet confirmed when it'll be back

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I don't think Toei can keep DB running without Toriyama. DBS or BoG huge success was majorly depended on Toriyama's work and we saw what happened when he wasn't part of the work like GT.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think Toei can keep DB running without Toriyama. DBS or BoG huge success was majorly depended on Toriyama's work and we saw what happened when he wasn't part of the work like GT.
I think we need to wait and see. AT's products have been largely subpar except maybe some parts of Broly, ToP and Super Hero and if the Dragon Room is has people who've been fans for decades like us running the helm, they might actually make something that incises out Super's lackluster trash. After all, AT was the one who disappointed fans major with stuff like Minus, FnF and the end of the Future Trunks arc. With modern budgets and Super Hero already having helmed the series in the direction where Gohan could be the hero, we could get something far cries away from Dragon Ball Goku Time.

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
Toyotaro should have full reign huehuehue
should have as much say as AT for anime/movies too!

best artist there is and best powerscaling baby!!
It’ll be monumental like the Hindenburg!!IMG_3862.gif

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
This whole situation reminds me of Kouji Mori and Studio Gaga continuing Berserk just like Toyotaro and Toei are doing with Dragon Ball.