Gogeta Fought Kid Boo?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Would it have been better than the Genki Dama?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Good Boo would've been killed along with Kid Boo meaning no SSJG. Golden Freeza comes and kills all the heroes before eventually meeting his end along with the rest of the universe when Zen-o erases it (manga-wise). If Zen-o doesn't do this because the lack of U6 tournament causes the chain of events to differ, he likely finds no more incentive to train and get Blacl Freeza and dies to Granolah who then dies to Gas and the Heeters rule Universe 7, since I guess Beerus would just kill Moro in this timeline.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
At what point exactly...?

When Kid Buu went to Kaioshin's planet? Gogeta would defeat him in a blink of an eye.

After the SSJ3 plan failed? It's relative. Even then, varying the continuity (wheter it's Toei or manga), if it were for Toei, I think they would allow Gogeta to transform into SSJ, as Goku & Vegeta were heavily damaged by Janemba, but their fusion went SSJ since the very beginning.

If we talk about manga continuity, I don't know, everything could happen and perhaps Gogeta is the one that make the Genkidama instead of Goku while Good Buu distracts him, even then, I don't think Gogeta would actually need to transform into SSJ to overpower him with it after having his full stamina restored unlike Goku. Even then, having two fusions of Goku & Vegeta in one saga seems unlikely, but a good idea too.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Personally I like the Genki Dama finally being used but I dislike how the setup of the entire Kid Boo fight is all to make Goku look good despite being fodder to literally the last 4 forms of Boo before that. It felt like Toriyama going "Okay so... I can't think of a plausible excuse to power up Goku, so let's write Gohan and Gotenks out of the story! Never mind that Goku wanted the new generation to take care of itself literally 20 chapters ago... Yeah!"