Goten & Trunks Used Potara Earrings

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Whether it be in Canon or in GT or Super.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
In what scenario would they get Potaras though? Nobody knew what the Potaras did until the last 20 chapters of the manga

Would this be against Super Boo, Kid Boo, Beerus, Baby, S17 etc.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
No, just how powerful would they be? Before and after training in the Room Of Spirit And Time, of course.

I think before the ROSAT, they would be somewhere between Kid Boo and Fat Boo, and after the ROSAT, they would be somewhere between Boohan and Bootenks. I always imagined Gogeta being between Bootenks and Ultimate Gohan level, anyway.

Super Saiyan Vegetto >>> Gohan Boo > Super Saiyan, Potara Fusion of Goten & Trunks, Post ROSAT > Gotenks Boo >/~ Super Saiyan Gogeta >/~ Ultimate Gohan > Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks, Post ROSAT >/~ Super Boo >>>>> Super Saiyan 3 Goku >/~ Kid Boo > Super Saiyan, Potara Fusion of Goten & Trunks, Pre ROSAT > Fat Boo >/~ Super Saiyan Gotenks, Pre ROSAT

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Do they receive a rivalry boost or not? They seemed pretty eager to outdo the other and have almost the same power levels, but they seem more focused on avenging their families by killing Boo than on outdoing the other by the time they learned Fusion and post-Boo, don't seem to care much about fighting much less getting one step above the other.

Also your placement of SSJ Gotenks seems to be where SSJ3 Gotenks would be

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
You're most likely right. I imagine it would be the same boost as regular fusion in this case, and this is also taking into account that they're not warriors and they're half Human, half Saiyan.

Sorry. That was a lot to type out admittedly.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I dont think their racial makeup matters much, only their powers and compatibility. Kibito :shin seemed to have bad conpatibility due to Kaioshit and Kibitos powers being too far apart, same with the two Zamasus fusing into the relatively weak Merged Zamasu. Whereas with his fusees being equals in the same form, Vegetto got a huge power boost

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Also Potara was stated to boast greater effects than regular fusion, and old kai stressed that when he said the Potara base form should be pleeeeeee~nty (his words) because of how uber duber amazing it was. Rivalry boost or not, Potara Gotenks would be far above Super Boo and Ultimate Gohan

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't think they'd be all that different pre and post RoSaT as their individual gains weren't implied to be much. It's hard to say if the minuscule change would influence the potara's power as much as it does for fusion. I'd say even pre RoSaT potara Gotenks would be at least on Gohan Boo's level with Super Saiyan.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I could see a Potara fusion of Goten and Trunks being around as strong as Ultimate Gohan with just Super Saiyan 1 or 2. I don't think that them using the Potara would have as great of an effect as Goku and Vegeta but it'd still be significantly stronger than regular Fusion.