GSM’s Anime/Manga Thread

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Pirate fight was kinda boring tbh. And anything involving Griffith and the New Hawks just feels like exposition to me.

If Serpico dies I’m quitting.

Warmmedown

Elite
did the horse guy appear yet? They reach the beach? I got to where he has the armour.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Jujutsu Kaisen is really good. Yuji is a great MC.

did the horse guy appear yet? They reach the beach? I got to where he has the armour.

Horse guy is very early. I'm well past the beach and the armor. I got to the end of the Kushan War.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Right near the end of the next arc Miura died so this is a good place to leave Berserk on hiatus

Warmmedown

Elite
Horse guy being the rapey horse.

What made you try JJK? I watched ep 1 before, was weirded by him eating the finger. Like, I wanna be able to watch anime when I eat (same reason I didn't like Beastars at first. Weird watching furries while eating). Wasn't sure if it was gonna be kinda generic too (not bad, just not fresh after watching Naruto etc).

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Got into a couple lighter mangas. I like to only read/watch one thing at a time, but they're just slice of life stuff so it doesn't put me off. And I can't watch shonen every day.

First is BokuYaba, a cute romance manga with a cartoonish art style I really dig. I don't like how most of the cast look like middle schoolers though... Makes it really childish, you know?

Second is Grand Blue a diving manga! Yeah, that's a thing. Bet the anime is great, sadly there's only one season. Anyway this one is hilarious with the college stuff and dramatic Jojo poses/faces, but the MC is probably gonna back his cousin and that's fucked up.

Why can't manga writers be normal?

What made you try JJK? I watched ep 1 before, was weirded by him eating the finger. Like, I wanna be able to watch anime when I eat (same reason I didn't like Beastars at first. Weird watching furries while eating). Wasn't sure if it was gonna be kinda generic too (not bad, just not fresh after watching Naruto etc).

Friends telling me to do it. They also told me to check out HxH, so you can say they have good taste :CC

The finger stuff is so nasty lol. Whenever he swallows a finger I imagine that long ass nail scratching his insides. At least cut that shit bro.

There's the obligatory tropes (Dumb but innocent MC, OP sensei, tsundere girl, edgy rival) but the characters and lore are interesting. Come to think of it, it does owe a lot to Naruto, but I'm not big on Naruto so I can't fend off those claims.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Finished (Or at least caught up with) Grand Blue. Definitely the best manga I've ever read.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Just read Chainsaw Man in two days. Starts pretty basic but ends full circle as a great story. Best coloring I’ve ever seen for the full color version.

What do you think about Gojo? The story focuses on him just as much.

He’s very charismatic, but I haven’t seen enough of him yet.