how did pegasus duel with yugi?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
when they 1st duelled through tv how was pegasus able to? the vhs tape was pre-recorded supposedly i think. pegasus was able to talk to yugi as if he talked straight to him, like they were on skype i think. pegasus can read ppl's thoughts (i think) but he can't see to the future. how was he able to tell ahead of time what yugi was going to say & do & re-act jst in-time? i don't think that makes sense.

if any1 can & wants to answer

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
His millennium eye.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Super Saiyan said:
His millennium eye.
but his millennium-eye can only read thoughts, right? he can't actually see into the future & predict wot yugi & co. could say or do, yet he talked to yugi as if he was talking right to him i think. that was said that the vhs-tape was pre-recorded i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I assumed it was a Shadow Game. In the anime it looked like he teleported Yugi to the Shadow Realm after his eye flashed.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
even if that was a shadow-game, that doesn't make sense to me that he could talk & play against yugi from a video-tape created before that even happened.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I always just assumed it was a magic ability related to his eye. Yugi already stated that he had magic powers.

6EzhHuD.png

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i can't see the image, but like i said i don't understand how pegasus was able to talk through an already recorded video-tape unless pegasus was using vhs version of skype. also ishizu had the ability to look to the future. out-of-universe maybe at this point the author hadn't quite yet figured-out pegasus' abilities or established them himself i think but in-universe i don't know i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Fantastische Hure said:
i can't see the image, but like i said i don't understand how pegasus was able to talk through an already recorded video-tape unless pegasus was using vhs version of skype. also ishizu had the ability to look to the future. out-of-universe maybe at this point the author hadn't quite yet figured-out pegasus' abilities or established them himself i think but in-universe i don't know i think.

Picture1.png

Because of his magic abilities I guess. It clearly wasn't recorded, so either he had extremely advanced technology that allowed him to broadcast himself the moment the VHS was played, or he was able to imbue the tape with his magic to allow him to speak freely.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think Pegasus implanted a piece of his consciousness into the VHS tape similar to Bakura implanting part of his soul inside Yugi's Puzzle, or Marik implanting his consciousness inside his mind-slaves with the Rod.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
[mention]Fantastische Hure[/mention] upon re-watching the scene I've come to the conclusion that Pegasus is a 5 dimensional being.