How long until the next game?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
There is usually a new game on average every year, right? Given that it's already the end of 2020 and there hasn't been any news, is the end of 2021 realistic?

Personally hoping they develop it for the next gen consoles only. Leave the old tech behind.

Future Warrior

Elite
2021 might be skipped due to the coronavirus complicating things. I mean it took them 7 months for Kakarot to release a dlc with 30 minutes of extra content, imagine a new full fledged game.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Along with current world events, the release of the new consoles would've meant work had to either be put into squeezing one out for their releases or waiting a while to see what they can accomplish with the new systems. I imagine it won't be until at least late 2021 that they release a new game, and that's assuming they don't just milk DLC for the more recent ones as Xenoverse 2's been doing that for years.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Are Fighters Z and Kakarot still receiving support from the developers?

I imagine you'll see something at E3 2021, or equivalent. Covid has disrupted everything, obviously.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
FighterZ's latest DLC was about a month or so ago with Manly GAINZ Roshi being added and Kakarot is set to have FnF DLC pretty soon, so it's safe to say support for the games is still strong. Xenoverse also seems to still be pumping out new content, proving that its whole advertisement of the EoZ Goku/Oob DLC in Pack 10 being the true end of the game was about as true as the idea that Super could end soon :troll.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Sounds like Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter. They released a new sequel the year later. :punk