How much stronger did Goku get between EoZ and the start of GT?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
In EoZ, he matches Oob’s hidden power, suggesting he’s around Pure Boo’s power in base.
In Episode 1 of GT, Goku finally has his much dreamed rematch with Pure Boo in the form of a fight with Boo. Again suggesting they’re both in Pure Boo’s level.

Does this mean Goku has had little to no gains between EoZ and BoGT? Did he focus all of his time on bettering Oob, but not himself?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Nah. Both of them trained for 5 years. It would be absurd for someone with Oob' potential to train for 5 years and only be able to use the power he displayed at the Budokai.

I've got Goku around SSJ Gotenks post. It makes it easier to accept his monstrous gains in the Blackstar DB arc ending at M2.

SIAD

Elite
I would say that Goku SSJ3 (BoGT) should be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, because Trunks never contradicted Pan's statement that Goku is the strongest on Planet Earth. I even find it interesting that Trunks mentions Gohan, Vegeta and Piccolo about him in order.

If you can answer this:

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
He was light years stronger than Buuhan (in base) by the beginning of GT, nothing contradicts it.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Trunks makes it apparent Goku is still the top dog amongst the Dragon Team as early as the events with Zunama, so his SS3 self would at least be above Ultimate Gohan.

As for his other forms, all we know from the feats and statements presented is that Base Goku (M2) > Base Rild > Gohan Boo >> Combined Mega Cannon Sigma >> Individual Mega Cannon Sigma > Level 3 Lood > BoGT SSJ Goku >> Redjic > BoGT Base Goku. I'd say via scaling his base self ought to at least be in between Base and SSJ Post-Rosat Gotenks, which is significantly above his EoZ self who was at best close to Pure Boo.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Doesn't make any sense from a scaling perspective unless you think SSJ gives Gohan a minuscule boost.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Goku being the strongest is what the scaling tells us though.

Is it possible Goku was always as strong as he was in M2 (or even in the Baby Saga) but was just suppressed for most of the Black Star DBs Saga? Granted he goes SSJ a lot instead of powering up in base, but DBS Goku also goes SSJ a lot despite not needing to. It’s Toei logic.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
There's no reason why he'd struggle against Redjic or Lood if he was holding back massive amounts of his power.

I'd be fine with Gohan having a different SSJ multiplier as he already had his entire potential brought and out more. It could be similar to how SSJ2 works for everyone else.

SIAD

Elite
I think Gohan recovered the SSJ at some point when Goku, Trunks and Pan were in space.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I think the logical answer is that Goku didn't need SSJ against Redjic or Lood, even if it looked like he did. Even if Buuhan > Kid Buu, the writers are going to consider "Majin Buu" one specific level, either he's above Majin Buu or he isn't.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
I think the logical answer is that Goku didn't need SSJ against Redjic or Lood, even if it looked like he did. Even if Buuhan > Kid Buu, the writers are going to consider "Majin Buu" one specific level, either he's above Majin Buu or he isn't.
And to rehash the same tired Dabura argument, when making reference to a previous foe they are talking about the strongest form.

No one talks about first form Frieza, right? :shin

Hector

High Class Warrior
Logically, Goku shouldn't have had large gains between Buu Saga and BOGT, let alone between EOZ and BOGT. I think his fight with Ubb at the beginning of GT would make much more sense if he were drawn as SSJ2.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
He should’ve been SSJ3. How is this the duel of his life if he’s not even going all out?

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Probably not too much stronger considering that General Rildo is the first one to surpass Majin Buu.

And then it takes Baby Vegeta all the way until his third form to surpass Super Saiyan Vegetto.

GT scaling appears to be far more reasonable than I previously thought.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Probably not too much stronger considering that General Rildo is the first one to surpass Majin Buu.

And then it takes Baby Vegeta all the way until his third form to surpass Super Saiyan Vegetto.

GT scaling appears to be far more reasonable than I previously thought.
The gains from Z to GT are reasonable, though the gains the group had while in space were beyond nonsensical. Goku was consistently fighting fodder up until Rildo and yet somehow became stronger than Gohan Boo in Base.