If Kuma hadn't do you think Marineford would've gone differently? Marineford spoilers obv

Warmmedown

Elite
There's two ways this can go:

1. The Strawhats all go to Impel Down and have to escape to get to Marineford. Magellan could be a problem for the weaker ones and Zoro, Luffy and Sanji don't have the skills or power to protect them. Unless Nami can do something with the Clima Tact or Franky can use Coup de Vent (pretty cool how pre-haki the power scaling wasn't as linear). Or maybe Mr 3 (candle guy) is enough to get them all out and without getting hurt or delayed.

2. They go straight to Marineford, but then they don't get Ivankov, Crocodile, Buggy, Scissors guy and the others as allies. Iirc Crocodile protected Luffy at some point. Ivankov gave him a boost, but idk if it took him above where he'd be if not worn out from Magellan.

I think if Luffy somehow ended up in tje exact same situation with Akainu (doubt that would've happened without Impel Down), Robin may have been able to block it (painfully). Other contenders are Nami making it rain on Akainu, but it would have to be torrential to cool him down enough. Franky again could blast him, but he'd have to be ready in advance and have nobody in his way.
As far as whether things would go the same way until that point...probably not. The other Strawhats could just be a liability, although I can't remember who the weakest on the battlefield were...obviously the Strawhats are higher value targets for the marines though, being Luffy's crew. I could see Zoro being a liability if he thinks he can actually fight Mihawk, but I feel like he'll know better...maybe lol. I just remembered he was badly injured from Thriller Bark, so if there isn't enough time to recover post-TB I it's even more unlikely he'll test himself (he also won't be as useful though, unless Ivankov is there).

On the other hand, they might be able to be useful in helping Ace get away and let Luffy use less of his energy getting there and escaping, making him less likely to get caught by Akainu or anyone else equally dangerous.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think the end result would (mostly) be the same. Ace was just asking to be killed when he wanted to fight Akainu, so he still dies in some stupid attempt to prove himself. Whitebeard may or may not die depending on how much help he receives from the Straw Hats.