Is Red/Green or Yellow canon?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I like to think that the third editions to the Pokemon video games are the canon versions.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
But this isn’t the third one I think. Blue is. This was like based-on the anime (a-bit).

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Yellow must be the fourth edition or fourth version, then.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
None of them. FireRed/LeafGreen are, since Red's design is consistently the brown-haired, remake design (or an aged version of it in the case of Sun and Moon), including in the World Tournament where all the important key NPCs are gathered. :troll

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The only thing I know is that Red’s highest level Pokemon was Pikachu in Gen. II which indicates to Yellow being canon.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The only thing I know is that Red’s highest level Pokemon was Pikachu in Gen. II which indicates to Yellow being canon.
It only has a Light Ball in Generation IV despite Pikachus from Yellow having Light Balls when traded to Gen II.

Hector

High Class Warrior
In Gen2, Yellow is obviously the cannon past. Though, myself, I'd rather they had given Red a team closer to the Red/Blue games. It could be...

-Charizard (since his name is Red)
-Raichu (the most iconic character of the franchise, but let's evolve it)
-Lapras (a reminder that he crushed Team Rocket in Saffron, since a Silph employee gave it to him)
-Espeon (the Eeevee he got in Celadon is a chance to add a Gen2 touch to the team)
-Mew (after all those rumors about Pokemon #151 in Gen1, it would be awesome if it turned out that the "cannon" Red caught it after all)
-A nameless glitch pokemon created for the occasion (a nice reference to the countless glitches in Gen1; this should also be Red's trump card)

Last edited:

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Canonically (in Generation I art) Red is almost always depicted as using Bulbasaur, actually.