Is there a problem with having Gogeta SSJ (M12) >>> Gogeta SSJ (Boo)?

SIAD

Elite
It is really difficult for me to have them equal, in case it is true that Gogeta SSJ is the strongest Warrior of the moment (stronger than Gotenks Boo), while in the Anime, Goku preferred to merge into Vegetto (ruling out Gogeta SSJ3) to fight against Gohan Boo.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
The main argumemt them being different is that the movies are their own reality that scales differently but just so happen to have doppelgängers of main series villains who are scaled to that universe.

Warmmedown

Elite
Elder Kaioshin told Goku there wasn't time to do the fusion dance in front of Buu. It wasn't related to Goku's confidence about whether Gogeta could defeat Buu.

I don't know how you can be confident of any disparity between SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta's power in M12 and that of their Buu Saga counterparts, since there are almost no other reference powers to work with iirc. The only one is Goku saying only Buu has pushed him as hard as Super Janemba.
I suppose it could be a post-Buu Saga alternate timeline where non-Mystic Gohan and Goku fusion dance to kill Buu or Gotenks kills Buu - in that case Goku could have powered up since Buu's defeat, so M12 Gogeta would be stronger than a Buu Saga version.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Elder Kaioshin told Goku there wasn't time to do the fusion dance in front of Buu. It wasn't related to Goku's confidence about whether Gogeta could defeat Buu.
I believe Goku would have opted to use the fusion dance instead if Gogeta was actually capable of killing Boo, considering the potara fusion is permanent.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I believe Goku would have opted to use the fusion dance instead if Gogeta was actually capable of killing Boo, considering the potara fusion is permanent.
Old Kai said Buu won't wait around for them to do the fusion dance. They needed quicker solution.