Lego DBZ

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Think it would work? DBZ Lego might be huge and awesome. Especially when it comes to planet busting. :mrgreen:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah a big open world game would be pretty sick. Perhaps better for part 1 of DB? Your thoughts?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I've had a blast with some of those lego games tbh, especially because of open world. They've done great with franchises, so I see multiple games to cover the story. I'd actually be most psyched for the BoG arc, flying around the solar system, shooting KHH's at planets and blowing them to Lego bits.

Then collecting the scattered coins like a heartless Saiyan should.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah, DBZ needs to go to an open world game setting like the LOG franchise. A Lego game could likely pull it off.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan said:
Yeah, DBZ needs to go to an open world game setting like the LOG franchise. A Lego game could likely pull it off.
Bump now that Kakarot exists. :galu

As for the thread, I too can attest to what SG said in that the Lego games do a good job with open world, puzzles and collectables. Unfortunately though, DBZ wouldn't be quite that suited as a Lego game due to core elements of the series clashing with the formula. With how much battles drive the plot, it would be difficult to put in elements associated with the game franchise such as puzzles and, perhaps most obvious, trying to implement co-op play for 1 on 1 sequences such as SSJ Goku VS Freeza. The biggest place where DBZ would clash with the Lego formula would be when it comes to different character types, with each Lego game requiring you to use a wide array of characters to get past different places. You could implement it with things such as Saiyan, Artificial Human or magic user specific abilities, but it would be difficult to pull off compared to other Lego games.

Part 1 would probably work best if a Lego DB game were to be made, considering the focus on adventure as well as being able to have more ease in implementing archetypre-specific functions such as Oolong and Pu-erh's transformations.