Likes and Dislikes About DBS: Super Hero

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I figured I'd try to collate my feelings on the latest Dragon Ball film:

- The comedy in general. I thought it was well done and actually funny unlike a lot of other stuff I've seen in Super. Just small things, like Piccolo being given plushies, or Piccolo saying "how's it goin?" After being interrupted on a phone call. I thought that was funny.

- call backs. To the original series and to events within it. Gamma 2 referring to Piccolo as King Piccolo and Korin referring to him as Kami, Piccolo mentioning Guru and his power unlock, Krillin saying "go big" referring to the Tenkaichi Budokai, I thought that was all a nice touch for fans.

- the animation. I didn't think the 3D would work but I think it looks like the most high budget and polished bit of business in this modern run. Some of the visuals are simply incredible, like Cell Max's Aura or Gamma 2's sacrifice.

- the new characters. Carmine, Hedo, Gamma 1 and 2 are all excellent characters. I also loved the forth wall breaking of Piccolo being able to see Gamma's sound effects.

- the return of the Red Ribbon Army and their manipulation of Hedo into fighting against Capsule Corp, although Hedo admits to being willfully ignorant just so he could develop androids. I think it's cool to have villains manipulating characters into conflict, and the motivation for the Red Ribbon Army to do this makes sense.

- the lack of focus on Goku and Vegeta. They created a plausible and silly reason for the two to completely miss the fight. This allows them to focus on the Gohan/Pan/Piccolo dynamic and I found it to be quite refreshing.

- on the same point, the dynamic between Pan and Piccolo was quite wholesome.

- the big monster fight at the end between Orange Piccolo and Cell Max. I wasn't expecting it but I thought it was cool.

- Beast Gohan. I didn't like it at first but after thinking about it and looking at more images, I think it's a cool transformation and my favourite between it, Ego and Ultra Instinct.

Dislikes:

- I wish we had an anime adaptation of the Highschooler arc from the Super manga, including more backstory on the brilliant Dr. Hedo. I understand time constraints really doesn't allow for this, besides I believe the manga was done after the fact, although these elements could have been used. Toei isn't on the level of Toyotarou it seems.

that's about it for me.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff

Both a pro and a con. Cell max was fucking hilarious but also so retarded :facepalm
This might be another dislike for me. Not Cell Max entirely, but the fact that it feels like Cell's return was wasted potential. If they wanted a big Hirudegarn-esque monster they could have done it without Cell.

I wouldn't mind a follow up with a completed Cell Max from some nefarious scientist that has to combat the Z-Fighters and whatever Hedo makes.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I had the same reaction as SSJ2 when I heard Cell was coming back, but his debut and that scream was bone chilling. Design was cool too. The rest was pretty patethic for Cell though.

Also Gohan Beast’s hair sucks.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah maybe the first one. Then it just became fucking hilarious as it became clear that he was a brainless retard with no other dialogue.
AT even apologized for Cell Max having no character lol and wasting the VA's voice talents