Majin Buu's Basis of Power

t0sh

The basis for Majin Boo's power is Gohan.

We'll begin with Teen Gohan & Kid Gohan. We'll use a quote from the Daizenshuu as a foundation for logic.

Quote:
Gohan's power hasn't changed after 7 years, but the fact that he lost his skill has made him weaker than before, and since he can't get stronger through his anger, he is even weaker than before.
Kid Gohan Enraged SSjin2 <=> Teen Gohan Enraged SSjin2 > Kid Gohan SSjin2 Calm >>> Teen Gohan SSjin2 Calm

Then, we'll go through the Manga to deduce about how strong Fat Boo is compared to Teen Gohan and his calm and enraged power. The best place to look is through a feat.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/214/3...essed/k003.jpg

The scan about literally shows Teen Gohan's SSjin2 power to be roughly 40%. All those hundreds of humans that were quoted by Babadi would be irrelevant in comparison to this level of power. This is a direct feat that over-rides any other evidence that other-wise requires an 'estimation' to Majin Boo's power.

This is the absolute best thing we can use. We can surmise Majin Boo Pre Enraged is roughly 2.5x Teen Gohan SSjin2.

Next,

If we go through the manga we see that Fat Boo has Three levels of power within the manga. These are:

Initial [Backing Quotes]

Quote:
Chapter: 460 (DBZ 266), P10.6
Context: before the smoke forms into Boo
Gohan: “…N-no…A stupendous ki…A stupendous ki has swelled up…Th-this…â€￾

Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P3.5-7
Context: after Kaioshin says they must run from Boo
Gohan: “…Is that so?...He really does have tremendous ki, but…It doesn’t seem like so much so that there’s nothing I can do…[ ] …If I can only put out all of my true power…â€￾
Kid Gohan SSjin2 Enraged <=> Teen Gohan SSjin2 Enraged > Fat Boo Initial >>> Teen Gohan SSjin2 Calm

Or

Majin Vegeta: 100
Kid Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 90
Teen Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 90
Fat Boo Initial: 75
Teen Gohan SSjin2 Calm: 60

Powered up vs Dabura [Backing Quotes]

Quote:
Chapter: 462 (DBZ 268), P1.2-4, P2.5
Context: after Boo beats Dabra
Gohan: “It-it rose…Majin Boo’s ki rose explosively…He’s str-strong…Too strong…This is unbelievable…â€￾
Trunks: “…What the…!? This time I feel an incredible ki over there too…What’s going on?...â€￾
[ ]
Goku (talking to Vegeta): “…It changed into an outrageous ki…So Majin Boo really isn’t anyone ordinary after all…This ain’t no time to be doing this kinda thing…! We’re the ones who let this monster out…â€￾

Chapter: 462 (DBZ 268), P4.3
Context: Vegeta says he'll help Goku fight Boo
Goku: “We’ll definitely be able to defeat Majin Boo if we all do it together.â€￾
These quotes imply that even a powered up Fat Boo, whom fought Dabura, could be defeated by both Majin Vegeta & Goku SSjin2 fighting at the same time. Though individually, they would loose. Bear in mind that at this point Vegeta makes the decision to fight Boo on his own, but knows that without Goku he will die. This shows this:

Fat Boo Powered Up >> Majin Vegeta <=> Goku SSjin2 > Kid Gohan SSjin2 Enraged <=> Teen Gohan SSjin2 Enraged >> Fat Boo Initial >> Teen Gohan SSjin2 Calm

Fat Boo Powered Up: 12
Majin Vegeta: 10
Goku SSjin2: 10
Kid Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 9
Teen Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 9
Fat Boo Initial: 7.5
Teen Gohan SSjin2: 6

Powered up vs Vegeta [Backing Quotes]

Chapter: 464 (DBZ 270), P11.6
Context: after Vegeta insults Boo and he lets steam out of his head
Kuririn: “Hey…That monstrous *******’s ki got even huger.â€￾

Chapter: 465 (DBZ 271), P2.3-4
Context: as Vegeta fights Boo
Piccolo: “[Vegeta]’s already surpassed Super Saiyan as well…This is tremendous power…Perhaps even greater than Gohan’s when he fought Cell…But then…Even Gohan has been killed by Majin Boo…Why is Majin Boo as [strong?] as this?…â€￾

These quotes imply that Majin Boo did a further power up after he was insulted by Vegeta. Piccolo's quotes imply that Majin Boo appears to be 'around' the high Super Saiyan 2 level, which is a level that still blows peoples minds.

Remember! Vegeta wasn't entirely getting his ass handed to him in physical combat, he was actually winning. But due to Boo's regeneration, any damage he did was instantly replenished. Further-more, Boo takes Vegeta by surprise and blows up the area around him and extremely damages him and breaks his arm. Vegeta then get's hit by another attack he didn't expect (like Ultimate Gohan), which wraps around him and makes him helpless to Boo's assault. So realistically, I see no reason to have Boo multi-folds stronger then Majin Vegeta. These quotes imply:

Fat Boo Further Powered Up: 15
Fat Boo Powered Up: 12
Majin Vegeta: 10
Goku SSjin2: 10
Kid Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 9
Teen Gohan SSjin2 Enraged: 9
Fat Boo Initial: 7.5
Teen Gohan SSjin2: 6

So, when everything is said and done, and all the increases of Ki are taken into account, combined with Boo's pod feat, we wind up with Boo being around Super Saiyan 2 level and 50% greater then Majin Vegeta. He is also 2.5x stronger then Teen Gohan SSjin2 Calm, whom wasn't able to tap into his enraged potential just like the Daizenshuu says.

We never see another further power up until Boo splits. However, nobody says his Ki changed or increased.

That ends my logical deduction of Majin Boo's power. It ties everything up nicely and doesn't bloat power levels to a bizarre degree.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think,

Cheers!

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I can feel your going this through Fusion Arc which Gotenks is involve.

Anyway, Fat Boo's 1st power up should be more than that since Goku said it takes two Ssjin2 tier to beat Majin Boo.

Fat Boo 2nd power up should be multifold since he went for being a Ssjin2 tier to nearly Ssjin3 tier.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
There is no calm Ssjin 2 Gohan

SSjin 2 is Gohans enraged state

Anyway Initial Fat Boo is weaker than SSjin 2 Teen Gohan

t0sh

Actually according to the Daizenshuu Gohan has a rage state above his SSJ2. Also Vegeta says if Gohan goes frenzy who know what could happen. Since he has full knowledge that Gohan can control his SSJ2 as shown against Dabura it is a statement about his rage boost. Also Goku tells Gohan to get get angry not to become SSJ2 but to unlock his rage boost like against Cell.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I will give this thought. I invite you to critique my new Power Level list, it is somewhat similar to these values.