Mew or Mewtwo?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Who kicks more pokebutt? Any reason. Either because they were on your team or you just liked them.

Mewtwo for me. Whenever I used him against Mew, I usually had a better success rate than the other way around.

Also Mewtwo was a boss in Pokemon: The First Movie. He effortlessly shoved off a Hyper Beam.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Mewtwo for sure. Always looked cooler to me, and isn't impossible to get.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'd say Mewtwo, at least it's still a presence in Ubers.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Mew. Why? Preference. He's more mystical to me, and he's not a clone.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
SSJ Vegetto said:
Mewtwo for sure. Always looked cooler to me, and isn't impossible to get.
True, I never wasted hours trying out some new bogus hocus pocus that supposedly made Mewtwo appear. I just master balled dat ass and went on my way.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I've always preferred Mewtwo, but Mew is right behind him in my favorite legendaries.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Always preferred Mewtwo ever since the first movie. Mew is cute though.

Event Horizon

High Class Warrior
I prefer Mewtwo, but Mew is fun.

Mew is way more unpredictable in competitive. The fact that it has 100 base in everything and can learn every TM/HM moves allow it to fit in pretty much any role.
Mewtwo on the other hand is pretty much almost always a fast, hard hitting attacker.

If they were to face each other in a 1v1, Mewtwo will win.
A Special atk (Modest, 252 SpA) Mewtwo will two-shot a specially defensive (Gentle, 252 HP, 252 SpD) Mew.
A special attacking Mew will 2 or 3-shot a non-specially defensive Mewtwo and 3 or 4-shot a specially defensive Mewtwo.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Man, I forgot all about Mew being able to learn every move. Although I always had a place for Psychic attack on him.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Mewtwo for it having a more solid use in battle with it's incredibly high stats, though Mew's unpredictability is nice. Design-wise, I guess I'd still go with Mewtwo, though many of Mew's various designs are simple but good.

In the mythos of the Pokémon world though, I'd far prefer Mew, as it's Pokedex entries of it seemingly being a common ancestor for most Pokémon make it highly interesting.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Does anyone know if Mew or Mewtwo appear in any of the further games? Non that I have played but there are a few I didn't get.

If not, Mew at least should be available, as he wasn't technicaly in the original games. That may be the old school side of me talking.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He can be traded to the Generation 2 games from RGBY. He's catchable in the wild in the same location as the originals in FRLG and HGSS, as well as reappearing in X and Y.