Netero and his drive to insanity

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
When Meruem was assessing his Budha powers and the speed he could bring his hands together and punch, he theorized Netero likely trained that in a situation he was drove by insanity, to achieve that peak of human power.

Would you say that this drive to insanity could be in regards to despair in life due to an extreme shock or most likely his relentless pursuit of self improvement and becoming the best version of himself as a martial artist?

Future Warrior

Elite
That series doesn't deserve to be read by someone with the attention span of an orangutan.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
You mean you reading HxH? Yeah, it requires high attention to details and dialogues.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
When Meruem was assessing his Budha powers and the speed he could bring his hands together and punch, he theorized Netero likely trained that in a situation he was drove by insanity, to achieve that peak of human power.
Can you post the scan?

Warmmedown

Elite
Maybe he was in prison.
Or maybe he had a rival he was training to be ahead of. Maybe a competitor for the seat of Chairman.

Or maybe it was just a passion for martial arts. He trained in the mountains, where I guess he was fully focused on training, like a shaolin monk.

I think it might just be showing that Meruem doesn't understand human passion, because he's like 1 day old. At other times he encounters other emotions and stuff and is like "wtf is this?"
isthisinsanity.jpg

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
It'd be insanity even for humans standards I guess, to dedicate to martial arts like Netero did, punching the air only and praying for 10 straight years. I'd say it would better reflect his insanity into achieving the peak of human power or making him the best possible version of himself, as he was later seen going to Doujos and challenging the strongest fighters. Maybe his huge dedication to martial arts reflected a loss, in any way possible, he had as a person before, which drove him into complete dedication as a way to relieve previous feelings... Or maybe it was just pure insane dedication to martial arts. Though it's curious he forgave how son to go to the Dark Continent when he had been there already himself, maybe perhaps something happened in the Dark Continent which propelled him to be so fully dedicated like that. But I think it's also said he wanted his son to kill himself one day, so maybe he was kinda keeping his son from trouble until he grew capable of challenging him in battle and killing him, who knows lol. I think his battle with Meruem was mostly motivated by him wanting to challenge himself and be killed by someone stronger than him all while having given all he had, which maybe no human could get that from him. Except the ancient Zoldyck, who was Zeno's grandfather, I guess, whom Zeno said Netero was the only person who battled him and lived... Who knows haha.