Original Versions

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Has anyone noticed that they’re being overlooked in favor of third versions and remakes? Fans often say that the third versions and/or remakes are the definitive ways to play the originals. If you shop online, you’ll find the originals to be far cheaper than the third versions and remakes for one thing. Another case you can make for originals over third versions and remakes is purity.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
why would you even buy those oldassed games instead of emulating them for free

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
The third versions usually add to the games and fix shit that shouldn’t have been there in the first place.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
The third versions usually add to the games and fix shit that shouldn’t have been there in the first place.
In the case of Yellow or Crystal they can be more of a different version than an improvement though, like we see with Emerald and Platinum.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think you said it yourself in your most recent post. The third versions are usually improvements in some form. Emerald and Platinum have a lot more content than RS and DP making them more attractive to play.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think you said it yourself in your most recent post. The third versions are usually improvements in some form. Emerald and Platinum have a lot more content than RS and DP making them more attractive to play.
What do you think of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire compared to Emerald? Also, do you believe Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl were bad remakes?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I didn't play enough of OR/AS to really form an opinion. I never tried BD/SP but they looked very underwhelming to me. I'm really not a fan of that style of graphics.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
While I enjoy the nostalgia of the originals, the improved versions are...improved. They're simply better experiences overall.