Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1215281356311105536

Not sure if anyone else saw this. I'm actually fairly excited. There's a demo out now that I haven't tried yet but I've heard there's no more restriction on you and your partner being the same type.

Quick TLDR;
- Remake of the original Mystery Dungeon games (Red and Blue) on the Switch
- Coming out March 6

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I enjoyed those games at the time so I’ll consider playing this. I hope they add more to the game instead of being a carbon copy.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Super Saiyan said:
I enjoyed those games at the time so I’ll consider playing this. I hope they add more to the game instead of being a carbon copy.
The trailer shows Mega Evolution will be a thing, so there will definitely be adding a lot of new material.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Cool. Hopefully the game is harder.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
The fact that mega evo is in these games is pretty telling about how much Gamefreak doesn't have any vision for their games lol

Surely this began development when mega evo still existed, but how was Spike Chunsoft to know that Gamefreak would drop mega evos for "they big now" randomly

EDIT: I'll probably get this though, even if it's a beat-for-beat remake I'd like for it to be successful so that we can get more PMD in the future

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I played a little bit of the demo. The mechanics are more similar to Super Mystery Dungeon than the original (which I'm not a fan of) but the graphics are pretty good. There seems to be more spots on the list of completed boss battles so I wonder if the post-game will be expanded in this game.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Six Trails said:
I played a little bit of the demo. The mechanics are more similar to Super Mystery Dungeon than the original (which I'm not a fan of) but the graphics are pretty good. There seems to be more spots on the list of completed boss battles so I wonder if the post-game will be expanded in this game.

I never played Super Mystery Dungeon. What is the difference?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Super Saiyan said:
Cool. Hopefully the game is harder.

I haven't actually gotten the game yet but per my cousin's word the difficulty is apparently quite a bit higher.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I forgot these existed lol.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Did anyone ever play this? I'm considering getting it.
Yeah. I don't know that it's worth the price but it was fun, I did basically all of the content. Biggest gripe was how they changed the look of the friend areas.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
There needs to be a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers DX.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
The
pink Celebi
in PMD DX got a lot of people's hopes up.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I remember the first time I was playing PMD EOD I thought the
pink Celebi
in my game was lucky and didn't realize it was like that in everyone else's :troll

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I don't see why you have to have originally been a human in Explorers as well. There were no other humans in the future. LOL.