Possible hint on DB Super's time placement

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/06/06/dragon-ball-super-twitter-account-previews-ending-storyboard/

From the storyboard ending, we can see that Gohan's wearing his glasses, with the same attire he has in BoG and at the end of the manga. Comparing this to his look in the 2008 OVA, it seems DB Super will be set at least after the Tarble events, or more likely, after FnF. It of course seems like common sense to have it be a continuation of the unexpanded concepts introduced in the previous to films, but it's at least worth noting that we've got a strong indication for such.

Mighty Oracle

I don't get why people were ever confused by when it would take place. It was obvious it would be after movies 14 and 15.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
True. People's confusion seems to stem from the synopsis talking about it being after the battle with Boo, though I simply took it as being in relation to the events of the manga, where it would either be there or the 28th TB.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Cramming anything else in between FnF and the 28th TB is really stretching it. This pretty much had to be after those events.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think a retcon is becoming more and more likely. I really can't see Toriyama introducing these new forms and then throwing them out the window to make Super fit in with the manga. It's pretty sad to see, honestly.