Raditz & Nappa Became Z Fighters

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'm normally not a fan of Dragon Ball Z villains hypothetically becoming Z Fighters, but I saw potential in Raditz and Nappa becoming Z Fighters, since they were the last of the pure blooded Saiyans along with Goku and Vegeta, and Raditz was Goku's brother, Gohan and Goten's uncle, and Pan's great uncle. What do you think about this what if scenario?

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Jobitz dies on Namek instead of Krillin.

Nappa cucks Vegeta and gets Bulma instead

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I feel like even if these guys had their potential unlocked by Master Molester Guru, they wouldn't have amounted to much. Raditz and Nappa had been in combat for most of their lives doing Freeza's bidding. The fact that Raditz couldn't even eclipse 1,500 by the Saiyan arc tells me that he had little potential beyond that. Nappa perhaps had some, but being older I doubt it would be anything to really shift the tides on Namek.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
I feel like even if these guys had their potential unlocked by Master Molester Guru, they wouldn't have amounted to much. Raditz and Nappa had been in combat for most of their lives doing Freeza's bidding. The fact that Raditz couldn't even eclipse 1,500 by the Saiyan arc tells me that he had little potential beyond that. Nappa perhaps had some, but being older I doubt it would be anything to really shift the tides on Namek.
Granted potential in this series is entirely decided by plot

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
How would that work? I can see Nappa going to Namek with Vegeta, but how would Raditz stay alive in the Saiyan Saga?

It would probably take a while, but they should be capable of keeping up with Goku and Vegeta. Specially Raditz. They’re Saiyans too.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I had a dream last night that after Goku defeated Nappa, Vegeta uses his Space Pod to send him back to Planet Frieza 79.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I can’t see Saiyan Saga Vegeta doing that in a million years. I can see him just going “fuck you Nappa” and leaving him there to rot though, with Nappa crawling into his ship just like Vegeta. Nappa would then either follow Vegeta like a unwanted dog on Namek or run off on his own and ally with the humans for vengeance when they meet there.

Now I just need an idea of how the fuck would Raditz survive/come back and I can write a full fic right here.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I can’t see Saiyan Saga Vegeta doing that in a million years. I can see him just going “fuck you Nappa” and leaving him there to rot though, with Nappa crawling into his ship just like Vegeta. Nappa would then either follow Vegeta like a unwanted dog on Namek or run off on his own and ally with the humans for vengeance when they meet there.

Now I just need an idea of how the fuck would Raditz survive/come back and I can write a full fic right here.
You're right. Vegeta dismissed the idea of bringing Raditz back to life with the Dragon Balls as well, something Nappa thought up.

Nappa somehow doesn't kill Piccolo, Vegeta leaves Nappa to rot but Nappa actually regains his energy after Goku defeated him, and later uses the Earth Dragon Balls to revive Raditz and they both go to Planet Namek together. Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin all follow Vegeta, Raditz, and Nappa to revive Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chaozu, the suicide squad. Kami actually makes up a rule that you don't have to wait an entire year for the Earth Dragon Balls to recover after reviving Shenron after the Piccolo Daimao Saga and you wait for a month instead, and the training for the Saiyans and Vegeta and Nappa's arrival actually takes a month instead, so no plot holes occur.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
In my head canon:
- "Good Raditz" is decent until the Ginyu force. After that he's relegated as a Chatzou like background character.
- "Good Nappa" is decent until Captain Ginyu, before being trash heaped.
- "Good Frieza" (Z, no golden shit) holds up against Androids 19 And 20 but becomes a sniveling bitch at 17 & 18 and has one cameo in the Buu saga.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
I feel like Raditz didn't go on many life endangering missions and stood on the sidelines most of the time, which is why he didn't get so strong.

He never over came the tail weakness, something even Goku did as a kid and was genuinely surprised when Gohan injured him like he wasn't used to getting hurt.