Shiny Pokemon Value

Coos

So, here I was, doing nothing but thinking random stuff when it hit me. We all love most Shiny Pokemon, some people grind for them for hours, even days, some other never see even one (Not counting Gyarados or Event Given) in their whole life! So, I reached the following conundrum...

Which is more important? A shiny itself? A shiny with the stats you want? Or an actual stadistically unique shiny pokemon?

"An stadistical unique shiny Pokemon?" You might ask, and yes, there is one specific pokemon whose shiny form will stadistically be different each and every time. Spinda.

So here is my final question, what do you think is more importan in a Shiny (which is still a kinda dumb, altho pretty genetical gimmick), Stats or Rarity of the Pokemon?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I mostly just care about the fact that they're shiny. Most of the shinies I own don't have good stats, so they're mostly for the rarity value. I do have a shiny Torchic I hatched, but since it too doesn't have high IVs I kept it as it was.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Probably rarity, as you can't there's less chance of a Pokémon being shiny than having good stats and nature, especially when the latter can be selectively done via breeding. Even with Shiny farming being easier as of Gen 6, it can still take up to an hour to do with the best methods, so yeah.

Only shiny I've ever caught legitimately was a Cresselia in Diamond. Other than that, the only shinies I've got have been either via trading on the GTS or Action Replay in the Gen IV games.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Come to think of it, the only shiny I even met on my Diamond version, I killed.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
I've only ever come across two shiny pokemon in my day, excluding red gyarados. The first one I killed by accident.

Arcadya

Low Class Warrior
My first non-scripted shiny was a Zubat. I just can't remember if it was in Gen 2 or 3. I had 0 legit non-scripted/event shinies in Gen 4 or 5. In Gen 6, I had 4 shinies.

Clawitzer - Fishing Chain
Was looking for a shiny Clauncher/Clawitzer specifically.

Politoed - Fishing Chain
Was looking for a shiny Poli specifically.

Pikachu - Very start of a new save on X, had just gotten to Santalune City. Went down to Route 3 to catch a random Pokémon to trade. Shiny Pikachu.
Wasn't looking for a shiny at all.

Banette - Horde
Was looking for a shiny Shuppet specifically.

As for your question... I really don't care about stats in-game as I don't do competitive play outside of Showdown. Too much hassle. Hours and hours of breeding is not my idea of fun. So shininess outweighs stats in my opinion.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I never understood the value of shiny pokemon. I mean yeah they're different colors but not special a majority of shiny pokemon I caught have been pokemon I don't even like. I can literally name every shiny pokemon I've ever caught in the 15 years I've been playing Pokémon

Gyarados (Crystal/HeartGold) - Given

Magikarp (Crystal) - I was maybe 8 and didn't think about getting another shiny Gyarados.

Zigzagoon (Ruby) - Linoone isn't a pokemon that's good per say.

Cubone (Leaf Green) - I think I still have the cartridge but lost my SP but I never used it even though now I know with the right conditions Marowak can be a juggernauting sweeper.

Mudkip (Crystal Dust) - Not an official Pokémon game but a shiny is a shiny and one I could actually use in some type of game.

Seaking (Heart Gold) - A Seaking.... I mostly choose my pokemon by design and Seaking looks pretty lame so I don't use it.

Golbat (Heart Gold) - Too lazy to level it up and make it happy to get a Crobat.

Uncle Goten

Low Class Warrior
The only shiny I've ever come across if you don't get Gyrados, was Cubone. Caught it but didn't even use it.