The Gospel of Truth (YGO Guidebook)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I finally got my own copy of The Gospel of Truth, which is a guidebook written by Kazuki Takahashi (the original author) in 2002 for the YGO manga. I'll be putting scans from it in this thread, but right now I'm starting with the character rating sheets.

Maybe @Kenshi can help translate some of what all this shit means.

Character Ratings

Arkana
P8RcZH7.jpg

Bandit Keith
aNgNELz.jpg

Bonz
6ZYxcH4.jpg

Espa Roba
s92sPTe.jpg

Ishizu Ishtar
YiGbE04.jpg

Joey Wheeler
aga2lFq.jpg

Lumis & Umbra
QcR4QGW.jpg

Mai Kujaku
2SQhqH3.jpg

Mako Tsunami
ZApSy3S.jpg

Marik Ishtar
mh1J8oU.jpg

Maximillian Pegasus (Pegasus J. Crawford)
tTB56rS.jpg

Odion Ishtar
AvT7rJt.jpg

PaniK
MECfwUf.jpg

Paradox Brothers
bN8Zp1j.jpg

Rex Raptor
XbRFV36.jpg

Ryou Bakura
xI9OStH.jpg

Seeker
qGnX3S9.jpg

Seto Kaiba
wWQegeT.jpg

Solomon Muto
Xreg7MX.jpg

Strings
ToZBR31.jpg

Ventriloquist of the Dead (Ghost Kaiba)
aYfMIQD.jpg

Weevil Underwood
ccwV6g1.jpg

Yugi Muto
1wJlbqc.jpg

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I can read all of it aside from the complicated kanji. Wouldn't be able to tell you what it means though lol.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Added all the character ranking sheets. Some are quite interesting, such as Pegasus having high stats, Seeker having no stars at all for deck building ability, Strings having such good stats, and Grandpa Moto having better stats than guys like Weevil and Rex.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The first text box for Strings says that it was Marik's duel of 3000 years and that he dueled Yami Yugi. The second sentence seems to say that he held an advantage against Yami Yugi. The third sentence brings up Yami Marik and says that he wants to close up his sweet side(?) and also that he was standing low? Lol. The fourth sentence randomly mentions Ishizu and parents.

Not much help but that's the best I can do currently. It seems to be giving Marik the credit for his skills.

Last edited:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Also @Pyro I believe the section for Strings is actually for normal Marik. The name is listed as Marik. For the other Marik you posted it's listed as Yami Marik. So now my jumbled translation makes a bit more sense.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
The translation app I have says "Doll (Malik)" and "Dark Malik", so I think it still counts as Strings but it's specifying that Marik was in control.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Ah, I see! That would show Yami Marik having more skill and "courage" (or whatever that third row is) than regular Marik. Not a huge difference, I suppose.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I wonder why Yami Marik would have more skill. I haven't rewatched his fuel with Yugi yet, but how is he better aside from being able to use Ra's 3rd ability?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I guess he's less inhibited by morality? Regular Marik got outsmarted by Yugi when using Strings, but Yami Marik always had the advantage and was ahead of his opponents.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Added all the character ranking sheets. Some are quite interesting, such as Pegasus having high stats, Seeker having no stars at all for deck building ability, Strings having such good stats, and Grandpa Moto having better stats than guys like Weevil and Rex.
i think grand-pa is quite high i think. he taught jounouchi i think & for some-reason i remember him being a master-gamer or something i think. he also gave wise commentary or so during jounouchi's matches in early battle-city i think.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He was so skilled that he was hospitalized for mental stress after losing to Kaiba :ha

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah in Darkside of Dimensions Aigami/Diva said that Kaiba took control of Domino City and made it so unless you have a dueling deck, you can't even get a registration as a resident of Domino :cena :cena :cena

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I guess if you're a tourist and you get shot or stabbed, you better have a way to get to the next town. That's retarded as fuck.