Top 10 Favorite Pokémon

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
I didn't see a list in the first few pages so why not make a thread about it?

I might go into more detail about why later but here are my Top 10 favorite Pokemon!

10. Pidgeot
017.png

Remains one of my favorite Pokemon but due to the emergence of some great Pokemon since I made a last Top 10 list back in 2013.

9. Absol
359.png

Absol is one of those Pokemon that have eluded me when it comes to Pokemon playthrough, I've never actually had one in my team on any game, but I adore this Pokemon for the unique look and the people at the Pokemon Company seem to agree since it also has gotten a Mega Evolution.

8. Toucannon
733.png

Toucannon emerged as my absolute favorite from the Sun and Moon Generation of Pokemon due to the fact toucans are one of my favorite birds in the whole wide world. I also love the 2 pre-evolutions Pikipek and Trumbeak.

7. Grotle
388.png

The Turtwig evolution family is still my favorite starter choice and design-wise I still think Grotle takes it over Torterra for me. I love that the back (head of Turtwig) grows from sprout to bush to tree from Turtwig to Torterra and it the unique Grass/Ground typing is still one my favorite typings.

6. Pikachu
025.png

Pikachu is one of the greatest of all time Pokemon, the overwhelmingly most famous Pokemon and the mascot of the Pokemon Company. Normally I swim towards the current when it comes to popular things but Pikachu (it was not on my list 9 years ago) has grown on my a lot over the years, mostly due to Smash Brothers, and it absolutely deserves to be on this list.

5. Lanturn
171.png

I am a big fan of unique typings and Water/Electric certainly is one. Besides that Lanturn is a really good and well-rounded Pokemon that wouldn't go amiss in any Pokemon team. I remember having in a few of my many Pokemon Gold/Silver playthroughs.

4. Golem
076.png

Once upon a time Golem was my favorite Pokemon for a little while. Maybe it was the relatively 'difficult' way of getting one when you happen to be a shy kid, trading a Graveler to another human being and then expecting to get it back is a scary proposition. 9 years ago I had it as my second favorite and Golem remains one of my favorite but he has fallen on the list a little bit despite getting a cool regional form in Sun & Moon.

3. Moltres
146.png

When I was a kid me and my friends used to collect and play the trading card game. I remember having a Moltres early during my collection days and the legendary birds of Kanto always appealed to me the most as far as legendaries go (the only two Pokemon able to challenge that being two other legendary birds Ho-Oh and Lugia) and since Moltres was the first legendary aside from Mewtwo I had I have loved it ever since. I didn't have it on my list 9 years ago because I omitted legendaries all together but it's always been close to my heart.

2. Bewear
760.png

I've known about Bewear since Smash Ultimate came out and I always like the design of it but I never paid it much attention outside that. Recently I've been playing Pokemon Sword/Shield and one of my pledges was to have a Bewear on my team and having had one since early in the playthrough I've gotten to know the Pokemon through battle and I can honestly say it's an insanely good Pokemon. From newer generations this is definitely my absolute favorite and I can't see it changing at all.

1. Arcanine
059.png

Here's the least shocking entry in the entire list. Arcanine, since the very first Pokemon game, has been one of my favorite Pokemon, and since Gold/Silver it has been my favorite. The fire dog pseudo-legendary Pokemon is neatly designed and an extremely powerful Pokemon. It has only grown better with time with the addition of some great moves to the Pokemon franchise. Ultimately nothing is gonna topple Arcanine as my favorite Pokemon and that's just the way it's gonna have to be.

Honorable mentions: Espeon, Luxray, Psyduck, Haunter, Keldeo, Ho-Oh.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
10. Poliwrath
9. Slowbro
8. Tyranitar
7. Dragonite
6. Pikachu
5. Eevee
4. Blastoise
3. Charizard
2. Meganium
1. Venusaur

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Arcanine
Charizard
Gyarados
Dragonite
Mew
Rayquaza
Kingdra
Salamence
Alakazam
Ho-Oh

Not in any order.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
Charizard, Dragonite, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Zapdos, Nidoking, Crobat, Houndoom, Heracross.

never sat around and thought about the ordering.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah I left out some good Gen 4 Pokemon. I might make a top 20 or even 25 thread in a bit.