Toys are why we'll never enter EoZ

TheGmGoken

Low Class Warrior
This post is assuming that DBS will not age them for 90% of the series. Hopefully at least 10% will. This post is disregarding GT and EoZ as they was time skips, mostly ignored in Modern DB, and honestly people probably don't remember both. Casual fan wise.

Now Goten is my favorite character. Many know that. I'm probably his number 1 fan. Followed by Gotenks then Trunks. I've hoped that in DBS that since it's after Revival of F according to some that they'll age. I actually hoped in RF that they appeared in the movie as teenagers as a gag scene with Freeza. But we know how that went. Freeza doesn't even know what Goten is.

Any who. I've found interesting quotes.
Child-like characters move a lot of merchandise in Japan. You'd think Tony Tony Chopper would be the main character of One Piece with how much merchandise in Japan is based on him.

This is why. Goten and Trunks are the child viewer bring in for DB. But this makes weird sense. I doubt Goten and Trunks toys really outsell Goku and Vegeta. But that's the reasoning most likely. This leads me confused though. If you time skip. You'll have more kids and young generation than ever before!

You'll have Pan, Oob(Someone who probably is DYING to be shown), Bra, Teen Goten, Teen Trunks (Sell Future Trunks and Trunks toys in a double pack), and you can still market kid Goten and Trunks. But yet Toei or someone else just wants Goten and Trunks because they're established! They don't want to create new characters (well...old character with new personality) to make them popular. No they want shame old s***.

The excuse Toriyama gave was that everyone was too old. That excuse is lame. Toriyama never been a man of his word anyways(No more transformation besides SSJ. LMAO IMMA MAKE A NEW OLD SSJ FORM BUT BLUE). But who looks old at EOZ? Bulma looks fine for her age. Saiyans rarely age. Gohan looks great! Teen Goten! Only old people is vcharacters he doesn't use no more. Maybe Krillin the exception since Krillin is treated with respect. Yamcha wasn't even in RF. Ten doesn't age (wtf).

And now you have Beerus and Whis! So does it really matter?

Wrapping this up. Toys are the reason why Goten and Trunks will never grow up. Toys are the reason why we won't get a timeline skip. They stay in that 10 year gap because they can milk it. Yet the 10 years was supposed to be times of peace. Yet we're getting Beerus attacking Earth, Freeza blowing up Earth, Dragonball Super villains, and more.

Yet characters refused to train unless they're Goku and Vegeta. Toys guys! Toys are the reason. Give everyone new outfits and haircuts in 10 year gap only to revert back to normal attire at the end. Just for TOYS!

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I'm not even a Goten, Trunks, or Gotenks fan, but yeah, this is bullshit.

You have to realize Toei Animation in particular is a cheap, money hungry, faceless corporation though. They'll do anything the easy way to get the money bags. Funny thing is, Anime doesn't even bring in that much money. I hate Toei.