Version mascots

Event Horizon

High Class Warrior
I'm pretty damn certain that all of use chose the Pokémon game with the cooler Pokémon on the cover before we got access to the interwebz. So if you could only choose between the version mascots of each generation, who'd pick? It can be from a design or battle standpoint or even a mix of the two.

Gen I
- Red, Blue, Green, Yellow (Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Pikachu)

Gen II
- Gold, Silver, Crystal (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune)

Gen III
- Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza)

Gen IV
- Diamond, Pearl, Platinum (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina)

Gen V
- Black, White (Reshiram, Zekrom)
- Black 2, White 2 (Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W)

Gen VI
- X, Y (Xerneas, Yveltal)

Fore me:
Gen I
- Blastoise - He looks cool and I don't know how many times he's saved my ass before. Not only that, it's a Pokémon that can utilize a variety of moves - everything from Surf to Ice Beam and Strength.

Gen II
- Ho-Oh - That design. So mystical. So cool. :happy Although its 4x weakness to Rock sucks, it's still a damn powerhouse with STAB Sacred Fire.

Gen III
- Rayquaza - Easily. Amazing design and it's strong as fuck. And it's even stronger with its mega evolution. It's also the first Pokémon to be banned from Ubers.

Gen IV
- Palkia - Pretty cool Pokémon, amazing in battles and it has one of, if not the coolest cry in the anime.

Gen V
- Zekrom - Looks a lot cooler than Reshiram.
- Kyurem-W - Only Arceus surpassed it in BST and it had the strongest Draco Meteor in the series before any of the mega evolution bs. Pretty unique design too.

Gen VI
- Yveltal - Yveltal shits on Xerneas design wise. Haven't used any of them in battle, but I'm certain Xerneas is more useful.

Itachi

Low Class Warrior
Charizard because badass. I used to be a blastoise fan as a kid tho.

Hoho for sacred fire stab

Kyogre was most useful in game

Dialga, because I actually owned one. Otherwise don't really have a preference. Owned a giratina too but it never really was a threat in game.

I liked Yvetal's design but there's really no question that Xerneas is superior in game.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
1 - Venusaur
2 - Ho Oh
3 - Rayquaza
4 - Dialga

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
1 - Blastoise - Charmander's useless for the first two Gyms, in which there isn't much opportunity to find Pokémon with good type effectiveness. Whilst Bulbasaur's helpful for both, going that route's causing you to just get stuck in an endless loop of being owned by Gary's Pidgeotto once you beat the first 2 Gyms if your starter's your main team player.

2 - Lugia - Debatably better stats than Ho-Oh and just as much STAB with moves such as Aeroblast.

3 - Groudon - OHKO Fissure, as well as one turn Solarbeam due to Drought.

4 - Dialga - I highly enjoy concepts to do with time, plus Roar of Time is one of the most badass attack names in any of the games.

5 - Zekrom - In a choice between the masculine Dragon and a feminine one, gotta go with the former.

6 - Yveltal - Xerneas is better due to a more varied move pool + Geomacy, but STAB Oblivion Wing is damn irresistible.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
1. Charizard. Squirtle was always a bit "meh" to me and Venusaur, while better, doesn't appeal to me quite as much.

2. Ho-Oh. Lugia just ain't as cool as it thinks.

3. Kyogre for in-game performance.

4. Dialga. But if I still had Platinum version, I'd probably rather play that.

5. Meh, Zekrom. Was never fond of this generation though.

6. The Y legendary sucks battle-wise, so probably Xerneas.