Why Is My DragonBall Super Broly film thread locked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
@SSJ2
So my DragonBall Super Film thread is locked for some reason, should i create a new one ?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I already provided you a reason. It became derailed for something as irrelevant as what forum it should be in and we already have another thread for general discussion of the film here: http://www.dbzeta.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13702

I will reopen it you put the topic of its categorisation to rest as it was the reason the thread went so off-topic, but there doesn't really seem much of a reason when there's already a thread that fulfills its function.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
I already provided you a reason. It became derailed for something as irrelevant as what forum it should be in and we already have another thread for general discussion of the film here: http://www.dbzeta.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13702

I will reopen it you put the topic of its categorisation to rest as it was the reason the thread went so off-topic, but there doesn't really seem much of a reason when there's already a thread that fulfills its function.

Uhm You derailed it not me.
I told i spoken with SSJ2 about it & have no problem where it's at.
" said:
Yeah i spoke with the admin.
And It's still a movie.
I never asked for it to be moved anywhere else, i just said it's a film while you spent more time trying to get me to admit to something & have the last word by de-railing my thread.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
VampireWicked said:
Uhm You derailed it not me.

I never asked for it to be moved anywhere else, i just said it's a film while you spent more time trying to get me to admit to something & have the last word by de-railing my thread.
So, repeating the exact same point as each reply rather than letting it go doesn't count as de-railing something now?

I told i spoken with Super Saiyan about it & have no problem where it's at.
SSJ2 agreed with me on the matter, so I don't get where you're getting that from.

SSJ2 said:
If it's a Super related film it can go in the Super section. Other Broly movies can go in the movies & Gt section.

Even if that were the case, every other thread on the topic of the Broly movie has been placed within the Super section due to not only its canon nature taking precedence, but the events also been shown present within the manga, making separation between the two splitting hairs.

I am willing to unlock it and place it in the Movies/GT section, making it an exception if it'll settle the matter. However, do you think it adds anything to warrant it as being in a separate thread than the one we already have for general discussion on the movie? If not, it might be a good idea to just merge it with that thread, but I'll let that be your call.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
So, repeating the exact same point as each reply rather than letting it go doesn't count as de-railing something now?
I don't know why you didn't let it go. I mean really.
You just kept on & on & on about
Captain Cadaver said:
maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities when it comes to whether being a film is more important than being a series' canon continuation.

I'm like good lord dude, it's still a DragonBall Super Film, but you just kept at it.

Captain Cadaver said:
Be that as it may, every other thread on the topic of the Broly movie has been placed within the Super section due to not only its canon nature taking precedence, but the events also been shown present within the manga, making separation between the two splitting hairs.
See that's what i'm talking about lol.
You're going on about "canon" & "continuity"

I think you're missing my nonchalant shrug about it.

Dude it's just a film.
There is a DragonBall film section here, it is a DragonBall film, I've already talked with SSJ2 over it & was explained why the Dragon Ball Super & Broly exist that way anyway, & i'm like okay whatever it's cool but it's like you have a crooked hair up your nose over getting me to admit it's something other than a freaking movie lol.

Captain Cadaver said:
I am willing to unlock it and place it in the Movies/GT section, making it an exception if it'll settle the matter. However, do you think it adds anything to warrant it as being in a separate thread than the one we already have for general discussion on the movie? If not, it might be a good idea to just merge it with that thread, but I'll let that be your call.
Sure for one thing can you go in that thread & find all the collective official news on it, or is it just for general discussions on the film?

I mean you have a general discussion thread in a general discussion section, & anything involving that specific thread topic which anything in general about that specific topic does, would be merged into it.

How does 1 huge ever growing thread benefit a forum more than separate thread topics made by different members covering various aspects of the same general subject.

More forum pages of thread topics instead of 1 thread with multiple pages of random general discussions.

2. A general discussion thread like that corners the market for discusses anything involving that topic.
News, reviews, comments on news on the topic, gets buried under pages of general discussions all in one huge thread.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
VampireWicked said:
I don't know why you didn't let it go. I mean really.
You just kept on & on & on about

I'm like good lord dude, it's still a DragonBall Super Film, but you just kept at it.
I would have had you done the same, which was the only reason it kept going beyond one exchange. This is the pot calling the kettle black.

Captain Cadaver said:
See that's what i'm talking about lol.
You're going on about "canon" & "continuity"

I think you're missing my nonchalant shrug about it.

Dude it's just a film.
There is a DragonBall film section here, it is a DragonBall film, I've already talked with SSJ2 over it & was explained why the Dragon Ball Super & Broly exist that way anyway, & i'm like okay whatever it's cool but it's like you have a crooked hair up your nose over getting me to admit it's something other than a freaking movie lol.
Repeating the same point rather than letting it go after you received an explanation = Nonchalantly shrugging it off

K.

Captain Cadaver said:
Sure for one thing can you go in that thread & find all the collective official news on it, or is it just for general discussions on the film?
Will do so.

How does 1 huge ever growing thread benefit a forum more than separate thread topics made by different members covering various aspects of the same general subject.
It works well as a catalogue, especially if the discussion is primarily about news, which seemed to be the main focus of your thread. If it was a thread to do with a more specific matter about the film, it would be fine as its own thread, but general news or discussion about it is best saved for one thread so news is easier to find.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
I would have had you done the same, which was the only reason it kept going beyond one exchange. This is the pot calling the kettle black.
lol If you say so dude.

Captain Cadaver said:
Repeating the same point rather than letting it go after you received an explanation = Nonchalantly shrugging it off

K.
I nonchalantly shruged off that my thread was put in Dragon Ball Super & Broly, as it was no biggie after SSJ2 explained it.

Captain Cadaver said:
Will do so.
So that huge thread you linked, you'll search thread each post & sort out all the collective official news ?

Captain Cadaver said:
It works well as a catalogue, especially if the discussion is primarily about news, which seemed to be the main focus of your thread. If it was a thread to do with a more specific matter about the film, it would be fine as its own thread, but general news or discussion about it is best saved for one thread so news is easier to find.
My thread is a specific topic, Dragon Ball Super Broly news.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
VampireWicked said:
I nonchalantly shruged off that my thread was put in Dragon Ball Super & Broly, as it was no biggie after SSJ2 explained it.
Despite still repeating the "It's still a film" mindset afterwards.

Whatever you say. Whatever you say.

So that huge thread you linked, you'll search thread each post & sort out all the collective official news ?
No. I moved your posts to that thread. It's obviously the far more practical solution.

News by its nature is something that adheres itself more to being merged with general discussion of a product as along with furthering discussion on the topic in general, it's material that can only continue to be relevant whilst fresh and is far easier to keep in a thread regarding general discussion of a product as by nature, news can just be general information on it.
On top of the previously established thread being a pinned one that will therefore lose activity when buried under others, news becomes stale with time and becomes just general part of the discussion, which made placing the posts from your thread in it the far better option, especially for a topic that due to having now been released, likely won't circulate too much news beyond box office and dubbing info.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
VampireWicked said:
Despite still repeating the "It's still a film" mindset afterwards.

Whatever you say. Whatever you say.

No. I moved your posts to that thread. It's obviously the far more practical solution.

News by its nature is something that adheres itself more to being merged with general discussion of a product as along with furthering discussion on the topic in general, it's material that can only continue to be relevant whilst fresh and is far easier to keep in a thread regarding general discussion of a product as by nature, news can just be general information on it.
On top of the previously established thread being a pinned one that will therefore lose activity when buried under others, news becomes stale with time and becomes just general part of the discussion, which made placing the posts from your thread in it the far better option, especially for a topic that due to having now been released, likely won't circulate too much news beyond box office and dubbing info.

No, it's your solution.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
And the far more practical one. Don't know in what reality you believe taking 3 pages worth of new discussion (probably less if getting down to specifics when only a few of those posts talked about the news of the OP) and putting them in a larger topic less practical than searching through 20+ pages to find anything related to now outdated news and making a new topic for them.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
And the far more practical one. Don't know in what reality you believe taking 3 pages worth of new discussion (probably less if getting down to specifics when only a few of those posts talked about the news of the OP) and putting them in a larger topic less practical than searching through 20+ pages to find anything related to now outdated news and making a new topic for them.

ZLIfaGq.gif

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yes, really, unless you have a major reason that news on a topic should be treat any differently than general discussion about it when the former only serves to boost the latter.

If not, there's nothing left to discuss here and I honestly don't see why you're pushing the matter any further than need be.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Yes, really, unless you have a major reason that news on a topic should be treat any differently than general discussion about it when the former only serves to boost the latter.

If not, there's nothing left to discuss here and I honestly don't see why you're pushing the matter any further than need be.

I've already explained it to you & you've already decided, so whatever.
I have the same thread on 3 different forums anyway. So again.....
na93vBV.gif

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
VampireWicked said:
I've already explained it to you & you've already decided, so whatever.
Well, I did say it was your call on whether the thread remained a separate entity or be merged with the other thread.

Regardless, guess that's all that needs to be discussed here. Case (and thread) closed unless anything changes for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.