Most accurate Dragon Ball Battle Powers [with explanations]

Post your power level lists here. Also archive your important posts, topics and theories here.
GreatSaiyaman123

Re: Most accurate Dragon Ball Battle Powers [with explanations]

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 25 Dec 2017, 09:48

Yeah I do feel like Toriyama has a tendecy of retconning/upscaling Goku and the main antagonist's power in the final round of the tournaments, it happened at the 23rd too when Piccolo said that taking over the world might not be as easy as he thought with fighters like Kuririn out there despite Kuririn and the others being fodder to a half dead Piccolo later on.
And Pure Boo being unstoppable despite the fact that Gohan could blink him out of existence.
Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

[+] Spoiler

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 27 Dec 2017, 07:47

When are you doing the 23rd, Ahill? I'm curious to see where you place Chi-Chi.

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 02 Jan 2018, 21:05

I will see if I do it tomorrow.

I honestly have no concrete placement for Chi-Chi, other than >> Chappa-o based on the way Goku took out both of them. Goku seemed more curious about her identity and why she held a grudge against him in their match than anything, he could have easily taken her out at any moment. I used to say she should be as strong as Pikoro Daimao old, but it's just whatever for me now. Even as strong as Drum might work.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 03 Jan 2018, 02:05

Ahill, something interesting i found on my reading:

Herms:
Chapter: 124, P2.1
Tenshinhan: “Alright, I’ll fight you seriously just a little bit…!”
He then resorts to use the Solar Flare and a knee from behind on his nape, which he Roshi instantly recovers from it.

Btw, where do you get those scans from?

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 04 Jan 2018, 19:59

Yeah that's interesting, but considering Kame Sennin still hadn't used his FP and that he was pretty impressed by Tenshinhan's speed later on, as well as by Goku insinuating he was holding back, I think Tenshinhan simply wasn't at full Power there, similarly to how Roshi stated he'd be serious and still wasn't at full power via later informations.

Alternatively, the full power could be merely referring to his techniques, dunno.

I get them in MangaSee.

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 04 Jan 2018, 20:02

BTW, Piccolo's statements to Kuririn in the 23rd Budokai seemed kind of similar:

Piccolo: I will show you a little bit... of my true strength!!"

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 05 Jan 2018, 20:52

Ahill dammit, where's the 23rd Budokai? I'll remind you of that til the day the forum goes to hell :ladd

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 05 Jan 2018, 22:46

I will be doing it, but most of it is layed down pretty clearly in the manga so I will basically just be parroting what is said haha.

But don't worry, the 23rd Budokai will be done. I am procrastinating since I have been going through some things and my tablet is pretty shit lately, but I will get to it.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 10 Jan 2018, 12:56

Ahill, what do you make of the implications about Tao on the 22nd Budokai?

Goku says his fight with Kuririn was the funniest he ever had, implying Kuririn > Tao but Tsuru only mentions Goku may have beated Tao when he pwns Kuririn. Not to mention the whole Tao vs Chappa bullshit.

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 10 Jan 2018, 23:06

I think it was more like an asspull by Toriyama. He has a tendency of wanking old enemies that didn't deserve such mentions, that is, the character bringing their name again shouldn't matter much in face of thr new boys, yet in Toriyama's head they still are relevant somewhat. Kami brought up Freeza as if he were relevant while it was made pretty clear Freeza was irrelevant as soon as Trunks killed him and stated the new enemies are just too strong. Kaioshin still brought up Freeza to denote Boo's power and earned a strong reaction by Goku, etc.

But using an In Universe explanation I think we can say that Tsuru hasn't fought/sparred against Tao Pai Pai in a while and therefore was taking into account his prime when making such statement, which might be possible considering Tsuru has lost quite a bit of strength when going by the implications of Tsuru >> 22nd Budokai Roshi. It's the only feasible explanation I can find, since otherwise Tsuru would be likely thinking Tao Pai Pai is stronger than he really is... or maybe everything we use to conclude "Kuririn/Yamcha >>> Tao" is wrong, which is also bull.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 10 Jan 2018, 23:23

I am fine with just assuming his power was magically retconed to relevance, ala Ginyu being only surpassed by Zenkai Goku. I think Freeza received this same treatment on both Android Arc and BoGs. Either that or Tao being overrated because of reputation/dirty tatics like the grenade issue. Perhaps Tsuru assumed Tao could use the Kikoho as a suicide move, but i think it's going too far to assume that.

The real thing here is, Goku thinks his fight with Kuririn was better than his with Tao, but Tsuru only thinks Goku might have the power to defeat Tao when he speed blitz Kuririn at the end of the fight.

[+] Spoiler

Pocket-Gog~

Postby Pocket-Gog~ » 11 Jan 2018, 00:01

I actually know where to find the best Dragon Ball power levels list, it's called Dragon Ball and it's 42 volumes long. Worth a read if you want to know everything there is to know about battle powers, and where everyone ranks.

Return to “The Laboratory”