Gandalf vs Dumbledore

Pit any characters against each other. Anime, manga, comics, movies, etc!
ahill1

Gandalf vs Dumbledore

Postby ahill1 » 28 Jul 2017, 14:20

Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings vs Dumbledore from Harry Potter. Who wins?

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Re: Gandalf vs Dumbledore

Postby Captain Cadaver » 28 Jul 2017, 14:25

If there's no intel (which is very unlikely given Gandalf's telepathy and superior magic), Dumbledore has a chance if he uses Avarda-Kerdava, though that's assuming Gandalf just stands there, otherwise Gandalf oneshots.

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 28 Jul 2017, 14:30

Is Gandalf that superior?

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 28 Jul 2017, 14:31

Yeah. He's likely Moon Level as Gandalf the Grey due to his fight with the Balrog. Balrogs are comparable in power to Tiliol, the embodiment of the Moon in Tolkien's Universe.

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 28 Jul 2017, 14:33

But what about Dumbledore vs Voldemort? The feats presented in that fight were pretty absurd iirc.

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 28 Jul 2017, 14:36

Nothing close to Moon level though. Dumbledore's magic is Large Building level at best and his speed isn't much different from a regular human, whereas Gandalf's physically able to react to the Balrog.

Doctor Havoc

Postby Doctor Havoc » 29 Jul 2017, 19:13

Nothing close to Moon level though. Dumbledore's magic is Large Building level at best and his speed isn't much different from a regular human, whereas Gandalf's physically able to react to the Balrog.
HP magic isn't quite known for its destruction powers bar a few spells. Dumbledore probably wouldn't use the unforgivable curses unless its younger version of himself, and if he did I would find it hard to believe Gandalf dodging a barrage of Avada Kedavra and Imperio curses regardless of speed.
Best discussion/debating topics
-Dbzf (if i bother with it)
-Star Wars (Same as above)
-Harry Potter
-Naruto
- Fire Emblem
- A few other things

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 29 Jul 2017, 19:15

HP magic isn't quite known for its destruction powers bar a few spells. Dumbledore probably wouldn't use the killing curses unless its younger version of himself, and if he did I would find it hard to believe Gandalf dodging a barrage of Avada Kedavra and Imperio curses regardless of speed.
Gandalf has been shown to use telepathy to probe one's mind, so he'd probably have intel on those by probing Dumbledore's mind. Considering the sheer difference in the volume of their magical power, I doubt Dumbledore would have the capability to fight off his telepathy.

Doctor Havoc

Postby Doctor Havoc » 29 Jul 2017, 19:55

HP magic isn't quite known for its destruction powers bar a few spells. Dumbledore probably wouldn't use the killing curses unless its younger version of himself, and if he did I would find it hard to believe Gandalf dodging a barrage of Avada Kedavra and Imperio curses regardless of speed.
Gandalf has been shown to use telepathy to probe one's mind, so he'd probably have intel on those by probing Dumbledore's mind. Considering the sheer difference in the volume of their magical power, I doubt Dumbledore would have the capability to fight off his telepathy.
umm Dumbledore is very well versed in Occlumency and Legilimency maybe not quite as good as Snape and Voldemort(debatable)
But his mind is very hard to penetrate. I seriously doubt that Gandalf can penetrate his mind when people much weaker then Dumbledore can effectively protect their own minds (Barty Crouch. Jr).
-Harry Potter
-Naruto
- Fire Emblem
- A few other things

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 29 Jul 2017, 20:28

I seriously doubt that Gandalf can penetrate his mind when people much weaker then Dumbledore can effectively protect their own minds (Barty Crouch. Jr).
The gap in magical power between they and Dumbledore is still far lower than that between Dumbledore and Gandalf, especially if we take into account the strength of Gandalf's own mental defence as being comparable to his offence (He was able to drive off Sauron in a mental battle when becoming Gandalf the White). Furthermore, unless he got overconfident, he could likely block any of Dumbledore's offensive spells using the Shield of Istari.

Doctor Havoc

Postby Doctor Havoc » 29 Jul 2017, 21:08

I seriously doubt that Gandalf can penetrate his mind when people much weaker then Dumbledore can effectively protect their own minds (Barty Crouch. Jr).
The gap in magical power between they and Dumbledore is still far lower than that between Dumbledore and Gandalf, especially if we take into account the strength of Gandalf's own mental defence as being comparable to his offence (He was able to drive off Sauron in a mental battle when becoming Gandalf the White). Furthermore, unless he got overconfident, he could likely block any of Dumbledore's offensive spells using the Shield of Istari.
It depends on which universe you go by, I'm sure if Dumbledore was in the LOTR universe his mind might be penetrated but in HP, it seems almost impossible to penetrate a trained mind but the easiest thing to do to an untrained mind. As for his Istari spell block, Gandalf doesn't use it that often and even if he uses its a bit of reach to say, Gandalf can block any and every attack. All it takes is one spell to hit for Dumbledore to win. Add to the fact that Albus can make himself invisible with our without the invisible cloak via disillusionment charm to a high degree. Gandalf would have to tread very carefully in this fight.
-Harry Potter
-Naruto
- Fire Emblem
- A few other things

Yamcha
Favorite Anime: Dragon Ball Z
Favorite Manga: Dragon Ball

Postby Yamcha » 31 Jul 2017, 16:11

The wizard wins.

Fantastische Hure

Postby Fantastische Hure » 27 Aug 2017, 19:18

The old meng with the long white beard wins.

KyuubiAhri

Postby KyuubiAhri » 01 Sep 2017, 09:06

spite thread.Dumbledore can do potara fusion with Harry and Voldemort and still lose

Paladin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Paladin » 04 Sep 2017, 19:11

Gandalf the Grey loses. Gandalf the White wins.

Return to “Other Versus”