Gandalf vs Saruman

Pit any characters against each other. Anime, manga, comics, movies, etc!
Azazel
Cerberus
Cerberus

Gandalf vs Saruman

Postby Azazel » 10 Nov 2017, 17:36

Round one: Gandalf The Gray
Round two: Gandalf The White

Who wins?

SSJPoo
Favorite Anime: Death Note
Favorite Manga: Bezerk

Re: Gandalf vs Saruman

Postby SSJPoo » 10 Nov 2017, 17:42

Gandalf the Great> Jesus
[+] Spoiler
Frankies Legacy Quotes

I'm not a troll. I'm a retired legacy, with 1/2 autastic fantastic artistic and autistic abilitys. + Spectrum.
-Frankie(SSJPoo) 2017, DBZeta General Discussion

Demote me. I took my friends to my forum and I brought most of those friends to this forum. So fuck off you trans bitch and bald penis head texan.
-Frankie*Demoted Head Admin.* 2012,DBZF Administrator Section Rant.

I promise to be be the best Administrator DBZF ever seen!
-Frankie(SS4) 2005, DBZF Administrator Promotion

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Postby Captain Cadaver » 10 Nov 2017, 19:14

Ignoring their portrayal in the movies and just going by the books, even Gandalf the Grey should stomp going by his performance against the Balrog. Gandalf the White oneshots, since he even said to the Fellowship's top 3 fighters that they'd never meet a power as terrible as his own other than Sauron's, plus Aragorn even implied GtW's power was comparable to the combined power of all 9 Nazgul.

SSJPoo
Favorite Anime: Death Note
Favorite Manga: Bezerk

Postby SSJPoo » 10 Nov 2017, 21:57

Gandalf after second movie and Saru is done.
[+] Spoiler
Frankies Legacy Quotes

I'm not a troll. I'm a retired legacy, with 1/2 autastic fantastic artistic and autistic abilitys. + Spectrum.
-Frankie(SSJPoo) 2017, DBZeta General Discussion

Demote me. I took my friends to my forum and I brought most of those friends to this forum. So fuck off you trans bitch and bald penis head texan.
-Frankie*Demoted Head Admin.* 2012,DBZF Administrator Section Rant.

I promise to be be the best Administrator DBZF ever seen!
-Frankie(SS4) 2005, DBZF Administrator Promotion

Azazel
Cerberus
Cerberus

Postby Azazel » 11 Nov 2017, 12:00

Ignoring their portrayal in the movies and just going by the books, even Gandalf the Grey should stomp going by his performance against the Balrog. Gandalf the White oneshots, since he even said to the Fellowship's top 3 fighters that they'd never meet a power as terrible as his own other than Sauron's, plus Aragorn even implied GtW's power was comparable to the combined power of all 9 Nazgul.
Yeah.:P

Gandalf the Grey struggled to fight multiple Nazgûl on Weathertop: "they closed round at night, and I was besieged on the hilltop, in the old ring of Amon Sûl. I was hard put to it indeed: such light and flame cannot have been seen on Weathertop since the war-beacons of old. At sunrise I escaped and fled towards the north."

Gandalf the White easily drove away multiple Nazgûl who were attacking Faramir II at the Rammas Echor outside of Minas Tirith: "... one rider outran them all, swift as the wind in the grass: Shadowfax bore him, shining, unveiled once more, a light starting from his upraised hand. The Nazgûl screeched and swept away ..

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Postby Captain Cadaver » 12 Nov 2017, 07:47

Gandalf the White easily drove away multiple Nazgûl who were attacking Faramir II at the Rammas Echor outside of Minas Tirith: "... one rider outran them all, swift as the wind in the grass: Shadowfax bore him, shining, unveiled once more, a light starting from his upraised hand. The Nazgûl screeched and swept away ..
To be fair though, I wouldn't say this feat would suggest Gandalf > All Nazgul combined, seeing as how they have a weakness to light in general. The main evidence to point to this chain would instead be Aragorn's statement in The Two Towers.

Return to “Other Versus”