Random Question Thread

Discuss anything pertaining to the franchise of Pokémon here!
Super Saiyan Overlord1007

Re: Random Question Thread

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 11 Jan 2017, 23:52

I just made it to the 3rd Island, I have my Greninja and now I'm all set to catch my Psuedo-Legendaries. Kommo-O and Metagross can be caught on the 3rd Island right?

Atem King of Nigs

Postby Atem King of Nigs » 11 Jan 2017, 23:55

As Beldum, yes, but not either its evolutions

:cage1 :cage1
[+] Spoiler
He is a disgusting worm and I never want to talk to him in my life again.

Is this what your cousin said when you tried to fuck her? :king

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 18 Jan 2017, 16:37

So I'm hopefully to buy a copy of X soon and I don't like having 2 Pokémon of the same type on my team (With some exceptions). I know you can get a Kanto Starter which is reserved for Charizard, so no Delphox for me. So my question is: Who's the best choice? Chestnaught or Greninja?

I used Greninja for Sun and Moon and I prefer to use different Pokémon in the main game of each region than in the last (Except Emolga, that little guy is the Pikachu to my Ash). But I'm still deciding if I should go with Greninja again or take a new approach with Chestnaught.

Drama

Postby Drama » 18 Jan 2017, 18:15

If it were me I'd either use Greninja again or just ditch your starter all together. I tried all three and I hate Delphox and Chesnaught.

Atem King of Nigs

Postby Atem King of Nigs » 18 Jan 2017, 18:24

I wouldn't get Greninja since he doesn't have Protean if you get him as a starter. If you don't mind Delphox being too feminine, I'd get that. Or, since you want a Charizard anyways you could go with Chesnaught for more type balance.

[+] Spoiler

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 18 Jan 2017, 19:16

For the X Team Charizard, Emolga, and Goodra are absolutes

If I picked Greninja I'd go with: Greninja, Charizard (Mega Charizard X), Gogoat, Hawlucha, Emolga, & Goodra)
If I picked Chestnaught I'd go with: Chestnaught, Charizard (MegaZard X), Golduck, Emolga, Goodra, & ???)

I'm trying to think of a good 6th member for the Chestnaught Team and maybe a better water type than Golduck. Can't you get a Protean Greninja in the Friend Safari?

Atem King of Nigs

Postby Atem King of Nigs » 18 Jan 2017, 19:18

Yeah you can, and Protean Greninja >>>>> normal Greninja so getting the starter one is rather pointless.

[+] Spoiler

Drama

Postby Drama » 18 Jan 2017, 19:20

Florges & Aegislash are good choices.

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 18 Jan 2017, 19:33

I was thinking about getting those 2, but I usually like to have a Water-Type on my team to balance things out a bit and Florges has less than stellar DEF and can't learn Reflect which is what I usually put on Pokémon like Florges that have good Special Stats. Not to mention it doesn't have the best movepool. Moonblast sure: Good move, nice STAB with Florges pretty good Sp.ATK, but I don't know what else I'd put on her. I'd give her Psychic to cover her Poison-Type weakness. I've all sorts of good things about Aegislash in that it was so good it had to be banned from OU a couple of times.

Drama

Postby Drama » 18 Jan 2017, 19:43

If you're playing with the EXP Share turned on you don't need to worry about the DEF stat being as low as it is, you're going to be outspeeding and damn near one shotting everything.

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 18 Jan 2017, 20:42

That was a problem I had with Moon, I turned it off a few times so I wouldn't be over leveled and when I got to the Alola League my Pokémon (Barring Greninja who were a few levels above them) were about the same level as the Elite Four and I wasn't really challenged until the Championship battle and even then it wasn't per se hard even with the handicap I gave myself. Greninja who was in the low 60's wound up sweeping half of the challenger's team by himself.

Atem King of Nigs

Postby Atem King of Nigs » 18 Jan 2017, 22:20

Yeah barring maybe the mimikyu or whatever that was called, all of the missions were relatively easy and so was the overall game. Only struggled less than 3x.

[+] Spoiler

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 29 Jan 2017, 00:11

The only thing I had some trouble with was Kiawe and Mallow's trials where it took me 3 tries to beat Kiawe's Totem Pokémon and 2 to be Mallow's and even after starting over with Incineroar (I'm not really like Incineroar too much and prefer Decidueye) I still struggled with Kiawe's Totem Pokémon (Even though I beat it on the first try). Aside from that, there wasn't much of anything in SM that was too hard. I'm not even done with my 2nd go around with Incineroar and my team is already Lv47 to 53. So My Greninja is already as strong as the E4 and I JUST finished got to the Final Island and haven't done the final trial yet.

Although Alola has some better Pokémon than I thought. Charjabug has been one of my primary fighters and Oricorio is something that isn't as bad as I thought, but I'm definitely never going to use again. I haven't had internet the past week so I couldn't look up what moves it can learn. After I'm done with this run with Incineroar I'm going back to Decidueye. I have Greninja so I don't need to try things with Primarina, plus it's a bit too feminine looking for my taste (I've always had a habit of making my team consist of male Pokémon unless the Pokemon in question was feminine looking in design than I'd made an exception) and has some bad physical stats (Which can be made up for with Reflect) and speed but I don't want to go through the arduous task of resetting until Popplio becomes a female when there's 1/10 chance of that happening.

On another note, I'm planning on going around with Decidueye again and aside from Sylveon. Kommo-O, and Greninja I want to have different Pokémon for my team. I also plan on using Vikavolt again so I need one last good member, any suggestions?

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Postby Captain Cadaver » 16 Feb 2017, 16:24

Mudsdale maybe? As long as you get one with Stamina as it's ability, it can be a good tank and Ground type's an overall great type for coverage in the story. You could also go with Lycanroc or swap between them, since Lycanroc's one of the few new Pokemon with decent speed and can be pretty useful in disposing of the many waves of Team Skull Golbats.

Postby Super Saiyan Overlord1007 » 16 Jun 2017, 09:47

I don't quite understand the IV Judger.

I've been breeding like crazy the past 2 days and I just got the IV Checker from the Battle Tree and it's not telling me what I read it would. Instead of telling me whether or not the Pokémon's IVs are no good or the best. It shows me a chart which I do understand but it's says: Decent, Above Average, Superior, and Outstanding.

Never I figured it out.

Return to “Pokémon”