Did Roshi train after the 23rd TB?

Discuss the Dragon Ball manga.
Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Did Roshi train after the 23rd TB?

Postby Captain Cadaver » 17 Jul 2017, 07:43

In light of the "training in secret" in Super, there's something interesting I noticed regarding the Saiyan Arc compared to the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai. When Bulma scans Roshi and Kuririn's battle powers, thus assuring Kuririn that he's far stronger than Roshi, the Turtle Hermit questions whether or not the scouter is malfunctioning. This seems pretty strange, given he admitted that the four main humans, even Chaozu, had far surpassed him at this point, so questioning his placement in the pecking order would seem pretty strange if he'd retired from training.
Given that, do you think Roshi trained in those 5 years?

I guess it'd also give the Battle Power OverthinkersPurists a reasoning for Scouter Numbers, seeing as how it'd mean BoZ Roshi >>> 22nd TB Roshi.

Fearless
Favorite Anime: DB/Z/Super
Favorite Manga: DB/Z/Super

Re: Did Roshi train after the 23rd TB?

Postby Fearless » 17 Jul 2017, 08:00

No, Roshi is pretty much done. He never showed any remarkable gain during Z and it wasn't until FNF where he went toe to toe with Freeza's soldier which cam be safely assume that he started training after BoG IMO.

Kid Buu's Babydaddy

Postby Kid Buu's Babydaddy » 17 Jul 2017, 08:38

I assume minor training and major asspull.
Theallpowerfulpuipui

GreatSaiyaman123
Favorite Anime: The mighty Appule
Favorite Manga: The mighty Appule

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 17 Jul 2017, 13:15

Considering the size of the asspull, i prefer to think he's been training since Z.
Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

[+] Spoiler

Jerk Store

Postby Jerk Store » 17 Jul 2017, 13:20

According to Toriyama, he's however strong he feels like being at any given time. :troll

withheldforprivacy

Postby withheldforprivacy » 17 Jul 2017, 18:59

In light of the "training in secret" in Super, there's something interesting I noticed regarding the Saiyan Arc compared to the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai. When Bulma scans Roshi and Kuririn's battle powers, thus assuring Kuririn that he's far stronger than Roshi, the Turtle Hermit questions whether or not the scouter is malfunctioning. This seems pretty strange, given he admitted that the four main humans, even Chaozu, had far surpassed him at this point, so questioning his placement in the pecking order would seem pretty strange if he'd retired from training.
Given that, do you think Roshi trained in those 5 years?

I guess it'd also give the Battle Power OverthinkersPurists a reasoning for Scouter Numbers, seeing as how it'd mean BoZ Roshi >>> 22nd TB Roshi.
Roshi was probably surprised at the gap, which was bigger than he expected, not at the fact that Krillin was stronger.

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Favorite Anime: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu

Postby Captain Cadaver » 17 Jul 2017, 19:46

Roshi was probably surprised at the gap, which was bigger than he expected, not at the fact that Krillin was stronger.
He'd already acknowledged Chaozu as superior to him, who was oneshotted by Taopaipai, who was below Yamcha/Kuririn by a fair amount. He ought to have expected the gap to be huge.

The_Authority

Postby The_Authority » 19 Jul 2017, 11:58

I don't think he even trained for the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai. He is never seen training and we saw him on-screen a lot. That is a good point about him questioning the Scouter's accuracy, but I don't think a lot of attention was put into it. I think it just bruised his ego, to be honest.

Fearless
Favorite Anime: DB/Z/Super
Favorite Manga: DB/Z/Super

Postby Fearless » 19 Jul 2017, 12:57

Indeed, similar to Trunks who can't admit that Gohan surpassed their fusion despite it's clear.

Return to “Dragon Ball Discussion”