Can ASSjin ~ SSjin2?

Discuss the Dragon Ball manga.
Fearless
Favorite Anime: DB/Z/Super
Favorite Manga: DB/Z/Super

Re: Can ASSjin ~ SSjin2?

Postby Fearless » 22 Sep 2017, 04:50

Never. ASSJin was explicitly stated and shown to be much weaker than an MSSJ which is presumably a requirement in order to obtain SSJ2. I don't think it can even match SSJ2 even with a similar multiplier.
MSSjin wasn't said to be stronger than ASSjin but a better body for stamina and speed.
Context proves that it was as Goku completely shattered Vegeta's pride after powering up on Korin's tower.
Because Goku powered up overall including his base form. MSSjin is said to be a better control of SSjin, that's all.
Never. ASSJin was explicitly stated and shown to be much weaker than an MSSJ which is presumably a requirement in order to obtain SSJ2. I don't think it can even match SSJ2 even with a similar multiplier.
MSSjin wasn't said to be stronger than ASSjin but a better body for stamina and speed.
Then why don't they ever use grade forms under certain circumstances that would have made it useful?
I can ask about the same thing on Kaioh-ken. Goku can use KK on the top of his MSSjin which shouldn't give him a strain but he didn't because that's not part of the story.

Future Warrior

Postby Future Warrior » 22 Sep 2017, 09:56

I can ask about the same thing on Kaioh-ken. Goku can use KK on the top of his MSSjin which shouldn't give him a strain but he didn't because that's not part of the story.
Who says Kaio-Ken can be stocked on top of Super Saiyan? Surely not the manga.

Fearless
Favorite Anime: DB/Z/Super
Favorite Manga: DB/Z/Super

Postby Fearless » 22 Sep 2017, 10:15

Who says Kaio-Ken can be stocked on top of Super Saiyan? Surely not the manga.
The point is that just because Goku didn't use ASSjin against Cell doesn't mean that MSSjin is stronger but ASSjin is a false form and a waste of time even if its stronger than SSjin. Still there's no evidence to suggest that MSSjin > ASSjin.

Future Warrior

Postby Future Warrior » 22 Sep 2017, 11:02

The point is that just because Goku didn't use ASSjin against Cell doesn't mean that MSSjin is stronger but ASSjin is a false form and a waste of time even if its stronger than SSjin. Still there's no evidence to suggest that MSSjin > ASSjin.
It's wouldn't be a waste of time in some scenarios. Grade 2 didn't stop Vegeta from making Semi Cell his bitch, who was at least on par or even stronger than his Super Saiyan form, same could be said for Goku against Cell. Goku could have easily just used grade 2 or even grade 3 when doing his warp Kamehameha too.

The grade forms are not a literal transformation like how SS2 is to SS1. They are the process of trying to power up while in a Super Saiyan state without training your body to acclimate to that power (conditioning yourself to hold more Ki). Grade 4/FPSSJ does just that but without the change in appearance and strain by having the SS form act as their base state, so nothing hinders them when powering up. So FPSSJ can use strength equivalent of that to the grade forms and beyond. That'S why I don't think grade forms can even be used after mastering Super Saiyan.
Last edited by Future Warrior on 22 Sep 2017, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Goku9001

Postby Goku9001 » 22 Sep 2017, 11:41

Because Goku powered up overall including his base form. MSSjin is said to be a better control of SSjin, that's all.
MSSJ is also synonymous to "Full Power Super Saiyan" implying that it is better than ASSJ forms.

Return to “Dragon Ball Discussion”