Z JP Anime Translation Discussion

Discuss the Dragon Ball manga.
Pyro
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Z JP Anime Translation Discussion

Postby Pyro » 07 May 2017, 17:28

Piccolo's line about post-RoSaT Base Gotenks doesn't seem nearly as concrete as what he says in the manga. I like that.

DBZAOTA482

Re: Japanese Anime Translations

Postby DBZAOTA482 » 07 May 2017, 18:49

But is it really fair to compare the anime translation with Herms' translation? The anime is a totally different medium, and while it might have to take from the same source material, things are different in the way they play out, and of course there's filler added which can change things as well.
Herms gave the anime translation a 9/10 as opposed to VIZ which got a 7/10.
Kanzenshuu is kind of like the Zeno of the DBZ community to me. You really have to tiptoe on egg shells and mind every word, syllable, and punctuation point in order to keep yourself alive. If you do one wrong thing to the wrong person on the wrong day, you're gone.

DBZF is like the Beerus. Fairly lazy, but if you make an incredibly stupid move, you'll pay for it.

DBZeta is like the...uh...Colonel Blue.

- Pyro

Pyro
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Pyro » 07 May 2017, 18:54

I know that. Disregard my post, mate. I'm a beta cuck.

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 07 May 2017, 21:52

*Super Boo plotting to absorb Gotenks and Piccolo*

Boo: "If I can just add those pipsqueaks' power and that Piccolo guy's brains..."

*Gotenks Boo*

Boo: "This is that moment which will never come again, no matter the future. The birth of the mightiest Majin!"

Gohan: "How could you pull those two into yourself!"

Boo: "It's your fault! You're the one who was stronger than me, who should have been the absolute strongest! From the time I could feel your existence so far away, I began this strategy. Perhaps there was someone even stronger than I. And so I thought if I were to absorb the Super Gotenks or whoever the runts were I was fighting with at the time into myself, then no matter what fellow might show my, my throne as the mightiest of all would not be shaken."

Gohan: "So that was it, was it? However, for you to be standing there babbling on like that, your slow-wittedness doesn't seem to have changed at all. As long as you were out absorbing people, wanting to make yourself first-rate material, it would have been a lot easier to have just absorbed me!"

Boo: "You don't seem to understand at all, do you? Without an opponent, what am I to do once I become the strongest?"

Gohan: "What?"

Boo: "The previous Majin Boo said he was definitely going to blow you away, right? That is my greatest goal."

Gohan: "I see, so that's it. You've convinced me."

Boo: "You'll have to allow me to hurry through this fight. Apparently this Super Gotenks that I've absorbed has quite a short transformation time limit about him."

Gohan: "That's a fairly level-headed determination, coming from you. Looks like you were right to absorb Piccolo-san as well."

*As Goku prepares to go to Earth*

Goku: "Well, I'm off!"

Old Kaioshin: "Just a second, Son Goku! Going off is fine and all, but once you go, how do you intend to beat Majin Boo? I hate to say it, but I don't think that the two of you could beat Majin Boo now."

Goku: "Um...Ah, yeah! Fusion! Me and Gohan will do Fusion! Then we'll win for sure!"

Old Kaioshin: "Fusion...Mm, that thing those little guys were doing? I doubt that Majin Boo would just wait around while you guys go through the nuisance of posing through that Fusion business."

Goku: "T-Then what should we do!? Grand Kaioshin-sama, it was you who told me to go give it to him!"

*Potara*

Old Kaioshin: "Just by doing that, you two can combine together, like you were in Fusion."

Goku: "Really!?"

Old Kaioshin: "Of course! And the effect is even greater than Fusion! These are the treasures we Kaioshin kept up our sleeves since long ago, you know!"

Kaioshin: "I-I did not know..."

Old Kaioshin: "There really is no helping the folks nowadays. That's why you've gotten so weak, for a Kaioshin."

*KibitoKai*

KibitoKai: "I-Incredible! This is incredible power! Goku-san, I can fight too like this! Let us go to Earth together!"

Old Kaioshin: "Don't get carried away! No matter how strong you may have become, you're still nothing special, at best! You're bound to be absorbed by Boo. You stay here."

*After Dende heals Gohan*

Boo: "Impossible! He's been restored to the way he used to be! Who is that runt!? The size of your Ki has no changed. It doesn't appear as if you have powered-up any. You've just slightly prolonged the time you will spend suffering!"

*Tien shows up*

Tien: "So, it was you, Gohan. You've gotten tougher, huh? Unbelievable. I didn't recognize you. I'm surprised at the change of Majin Boo, as well.

Boo: "So the annoying small fry has increased again? Nevertheless, small fry are, after all, still small fry!"

Tien: "D-Dammit! Our dimensions are too different! I won't be any help at all!"

*More Potara talk*

Goku: "Oh, yeah! Should I use these Potara things after I've turned Super Saiyan?"

Old Kaioshin: "No. Don't do anything. You don't have to. Once you've combined using the Potara, you're going to be like that a long time. That Super Saiyan thing is too hard on the body. You'd probably shorten your own lives. If you're going to become Super Saiyan, it's better to do it after you've combined. And even if you don't do so, the power from just the Potara should just be enough."

*Gotenks Boo talking to Goku*

Boo: "That's it. You're the guy that did those odd transformations. Now what? Have you come, planning to help? Ridiculous. Don't you understand that fundamentally, I am on a different dimension now than I was then?"

*Gotenks Boo knocks Tien out*

Boo: "That guy just now also appears to be quite an expert, but with one kick, that's how he ends up. An exceptional power-up item, you say? What nonsense! You're exaggerating! To be frank, no matter what you might do, there's absolutely no way you can even damage me!"

Goku: "You sure hurried to put your body back together, considering that, didn't you? You're not thinking something is going to happen, are you?"

*After Gohan fails to catch the Potara*

Boo: "What!? Combine with him? So that's it! Even if you do so, I think it'll be worthless, but just to make sure, let me intervene."

*Gotenks Boo reverts to Piccolo Boo*

Goku: "The half-pints have returned to normal from their Fusion! Piccolo is coming out strongest! You ran out of time! Too bad for you! Boo, your power has dropped quite a bit! That's a bit disappointing. With you like this now, Gohan can beat you without going to the trouble of combining with me!"

*Boo absorbs Gohan*

Boo: "This is great! I'm much more powered-up than before! But this time, there is no time limit!"

Goku: "T-That was dirty, Boo, absorbing everyone!"

Boo: "Winning is everything, just as it must be for you."

*Vegeta arriving on Earth*

Goku" That Ki...! It's a huge Ki! It couldn't be...!"

Baba: "This is as far as I bring you."

Vegeta: "Don't worry about it. It will just mean my getting killed by Majin Boo will come a little later."

Boo: "There's another person there with a large power! However, naturally, they're no match for me! Even if they were to combine together!"

Goku: "Vegeta, everyone was eaten by Buu! Including Kuririn, and Chichi...and Bulma too! Piccolo too, and Gohan, Goten, and even Trunks were absorbed by that guy! That's what Boo's sudden power-up is due to!"

*Vegetto beating down Gohan Boo*

Vegetto: "The important thing to grasp is strength and movement of Ki. You follow me with your eyes, which is why you can't keep up with my motions."

KibitoKai: "He's so strong! To think that Majin Boo is so helpless! I never thought the Potara union could be so incredible!"

Old Kaioshin: "What are you so carried away for, you moron? It's only because those two did it that it's gone so far. You've got two of the three greatest experts, from this World and the Next World combined, merged together, after all. Moreover, you've got two rivals teamed together. That's obviously going to be what's strongest!"

Boo: "Damn it all...! Damn it all! This..."

Vegetto: "Wasn't supposed to be like this? Look, don't get so depressed. I'm surprised at this myself. To think that I would be able to make this big a fool out of you!"

Vegetto: "Could you make me get serious about this before too much longer?"

Boo:"That was dirty of you...merging yourselves together!"

Vegetto: "That's a fine thing for you to say, when you're the one who kept merging together with all those others! Come on, come on, what's the matter? Just my legs are enough against the likes of you!"

*Candy Vegetto*

Vegetto: "My appearance may have been altered, but apparently my strength hasn't changed."

*After Boo absorbs Vegetto*

Old Kaioshin: "Don't you think it's a little strange?"

KibitoKai: "Strange?"

Old Kaioshin: "Up till now, every time Majin Boo has absorbed a warrior, he has powered-up, and his form has changed. But this time..."

KibitoKai: "H-He hasn't changed!"

*Inside of Boo after Vegeta crushes the Potara*

Vegeta: "Besides, there's no need to merge again, is there?"

Goku: "You don't know that! Even if we rescue everyone who has been absorbed successfully, there ain't no guarantee Boo will return to the way he was."

Vegeta: "In that case, we better hope we can find our people fast, and that everything goes right."

*After removing Boo's absorption's*

Goku: Boo's power must have dropped considerably after that. Just a little bit further now. There, see? The size of his Ki is completely different than it was before."

Vegeta: "All right. Now we blow this place away and get out."

Goku: "But hold on a second. No matter how much Boo may have returned to normal, even at that, he still has more strength than we can stand up to. If we go outside like this, we'll be beaten for sure!"

Vegeta: "In that case, what else would you have us do? Huh?

Goku: "This is because you're the one who broke your Potara."

Goku: "Even so, there's still one method by which we can win!"

Vegeta: "You want to suggest Fusion, right? I know what it is."

*When the mini Boo arrives inside*

Vegeta: "Damn, this could be bad!"

Goku: "This is why I told you to keep the Potara on, you know! Once we're outside, if we could only merge, this guy would be easy to beat!"

*After Goku's blast fails to do anything*

Boo: "All I felt was a little twinge in this area here. Have you forgotten? Right now, you're much, much smaller than even fleas!"

Goku: "In other words, after we defeat you, we'll have to find ourselves an exit?"

Boo: "That will be impossible as well, for you two as you are now."

*Vegeta threatening to remove Mr. Boo*

Vegeta: "What would happen if I rip this guy out? I wonder if it might be somewhat advantageous to us. I can't wait to see! Will you turn back into this fatso? Will you instead turn back into that skinny guy?

Boo: "D-Don't! Stop!"

Vegeta: "Either way, it would seem unmistakable that your power would drop from where it is now."

*Super Boo changing into Buff Boo*

Goku: "It couldn't be that his Ki is growing, could it? H-Hey...he's turning into something awfully tough, ain't he?"

Vegeta: "Look! He's intent on transforming again!"

KibitoKai: "And then, Kaioshin of the South, who was the most hardy and strong of us, was absorbed by Boo."

Old Kaioshin: "And there's how he became that huge Majin Boo from earlier, huh?"

KibitoKai: "Yes. I was the youngest, and most powerless, but somehow I was spared, and was only badly hurt."

*About Fat Boo*

KibitoKai: "The next one to be absorbed was the chubby, yet kind and gentle Grand Kaioshin-sama. The Majin Boo that Bibbidi created was the very essence of evil. It was a failed creation, that not even Bibbidi could handle, but by absorbing the Grand Kaioshin-sama, he became somehow or other able to control him."

*After reverting to Kid Boo*

KibitoKai: "H-He's turning back...!"

Vegeta: "Look! He's shrunk down quite a bit!"

Goku: "We did it, huh, Vegeta? We may be able to manage something like this!"

Old Kaioshin: "So then he finally became complete. Which then would mean...that little Majin Boo now is the very first, most difficult one, then?

KibitoKai: "Yes. His heart, which through absorption had allowed his power to even be reduced, has returned back to its original form. To an existence without any self-control, of evil itself."

*Kid Boo's Vanishing Ball*

Goku: "I-It's huge! He's kidding, right? Is he planning to launch that? We can't repel something like that!"
Gonna finish the Boo saga tomorrow.

Fearless 3:16
Favorite Anime: DB/Z/Super
Favorite Manga: DB/Z/Super

Postby Fearless 3:16 » 08 May 2017, 10:09

Guys, which one is correct?
[+] Spoiler
or this
[+] Spoiler

Postby Fearless 3:16 » 09 May 2017, 13:40

Are you guys up for this project?

KyuubiAhri

Postby KyuubiAhri » 01 Jul 2017, 09:32

[+] Spoiler
or this
[+] Spoiler
i cant see the second picture

Zippy

Postby Zippy » 13 Aug 2017, 01:01

[+] Spoiler
or this
[+] Spoiler
Same ere
:punk

KyuubiAhri

Postby KyuubiAhri » 13 Aug 2017, 03:51

[+] Spoiler
or this
[+] Spoiler
Same ere
you seem to be obsessed with that "punk" gif

Zippy

Postby Zippy » 13 Aug 2017, 05:38

Same ere
you seem to be obsessed with that "punk" gif
How i feel everytime someone talks

Postby Fearless 3:16 » 13 Aug 2017, 05:43

[+] Spoiler
or this
[+] Spoiler
Same ere

Zippy

Postby Zippy » 13 Aug 2017, 05:44

Same ere
Thats the second pic? If so its completely different to the first one :wtf

Postby Fearless 3:16 » 13 Aug 2017, 05:49

Same ere
Thats the second pic? If so its completely different to the first one :wtf
Damn, that's the wrong scan. Here's the correct one,

Zippy

Postby Zippy » 13 Aug 2017, 05:51

Do you know what piccolo responds with in the anime?

Postby Fearless 3:16 » 13 Aug 2017, 05:54

Same in the manga, he just didn't expect the Saiyans to be that much stronger.

Return to “Dragon Ball Discussion”