Piccolo was wished to the right spot.

Post your what if threads related to Dragon Ball here.
SSJ2
General of Zeta
General of Zeta

Piccolo was wished to the right spot.

Postby SSJ2 » 11 Jan 2018, 14:57

What if Porunga brought Piccolo to the Freeza's ship instead of the random spot in Namek? Obviously Piccolo would miss out on fusing with Nail, but would Freeza even have a chance to transform with all of those powers there? What do you think would happen?

withheldforprivacy

Re: Piccolo was wished to the right spot.

Postby withheldforprivacy » 11 Jan 2018, 15:20

I have described many similar what if cases in the past. To wrap this up, the
essential difference is that Freeza is beaten without Goku learning Instant
Transmission, so everything ends at Cell Games.

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 14 Jan 2018, 11:26

For what FnF is worth, we saw Freeza can instantly go into his true form if he wishes, so he may just do that or go straight to his 3rd form so that he doesn't get instantly overpowered. That said, everyone dies by the time Goku gets there, Goku goes SSJ and the events of Namek transpire similarly apart from Goku being sure to kill Freeza once he has the chance and having more time to escape now that he doesn't have to stall for Gohan and likely saves Bulma in that time. He goes to Yardrat and learns Shunkan Ido, though it makes little difference in terms of extending the plot much due to the Dragon Balls being gone. Goku dies from the Heart Virus and the Artificial Humans face no resistance in the future timeline and assuming Future Bulma survived long enough to complete the Time Machine, there'd only be a chance of winning if Goku uses the Rosat as a last resort. Assuming he does, the cyborgs are easily killed as is Cell, with Goku being less likely to take things casually and allow Cell to blow up when he's the only warrior left. As for the Boo Arc, he may be able to defeat Dabura, though it wouldn't be easy when he'd have to face Yakon by himself beforehand and likely wouldn't unlock SS2. This is the best case scenario. Worst case, he forgets about the Rosat and is killed by #19 and #20.
Bringing Super into the mix, the best case scenario ends when Goku doesn't have enough Saiyans to become a God and Beerus destroys the Earth.

SSJ2
General of Zeta
General of Zeta

Postby SSJ2 » 14 Jan 2018, 17:20

Cool analysis.

However I do not reckon that Freeza can instantly transform within the manga. It looked to me like he was almost struggling to transform into his final form from the way he was straining himself. I don't see why he'd put himself through that for no reason.

Jeff Styles
Donator
Donator

Postby Jeff Styles » 14 Jan 2018, 23:20

It's probably because it was the first time we the audience were going to see his true form and it was the first time in a long while Freeza was going to transform into that form.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 14 Jan 2018, 23:25

A thing i disagree a lot on CC's what ifs is that he aways has Freeza going from 1st to 4th form. He wanted the Z Fighters to fear him and think his power was botomless. On FnF he wanted to go straight to the point and fight Goku.
Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

[+] Spoiler

Jeff Styles
Donator
Donator

Postby Jeff Styles » 14 Jan 2018, 23:31

Irc, Freeza told Goku he didn't wants to make the same mistake again, so he is going to go all out in the beginning.

Captain Cadaver
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Captain Cadaver » 15 Jan 2018, 08:27

A thing i disagree a lot on CC's what ifs is that he aways has Freeza going from 1st to 4th form. He wanted the Z Fighters to fear him and think his power was botomless. On FnF he wanted to go straight to the point and fight Goku.
Because in a lot of the What If scenarios, Freeza doesn't have the luxury of being able to transform without interruption. In this scenario, I can't see him seeing the risk of leaving himself open without the instant power up he got from transforming in FnF panning out well.
However I do not reckon that Freeza can instantly transform within the manga. It looked to me like he was almost struggling to transform into his final form from the way he was straining himself. I don't see why he'd put himself through that for no reason.
I'd probably agree with Jeff's reasoning that Freeza was purposely extending his transformation from 3rd to true form as a means of terrifying the main cast. Him also instantly completing it once he saw Dende's healing abilities would also suggest he was mainly wanting to gauge their reactions and actions, plus regrowing his tail likely extended it's regular duration as well. This may not be the case for when he went into his 2nd form, I admit, though you could chalk that up to the change in his bodily structure being far more a drastic one than that between his 1st and true form.

Return to “What If...”