Vegeta's Gyarikku Ho

Discuss the Dragon Ball manga.
ahill1

Re: Vegeta's Gyarikku Ho

Postby ahill1 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:32

The way Freeza talked about being able to defeat King Vegeta without needing to transform kinda sounds like he was expecting a better challenge from him. Just sounds funny when taking the power levels into consideration. Freeza was 530k and King Vegeta was 10k at the most. No shit Freeza won without transforming. Dodoria could've done that.
I honestly think it was just a way of taunting Vegeta... like, throwing into the son's face how weak his father really was.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:33

@Ahill @FW, the Daizenshuu lumps both Nappa and Vegeta together as Elite, for what's worth it:

Btw Ahill, King Vegeta's bio calls him the strongest Saiyan by the time of his death.
Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:36

That's interesting. Yeah, king Vegeta is stronger than Nappa.

It's funny that King Vegeta would be wayy below 18k, that is, he would be even more of a joke to Freeza than Nail was, and yet Freeza could tank Nail when using just a fraction of his 1st form full power.

Future Warrior

Postby Future Warrior » 15 Jan 2018, 00:37

I just go with there being two types of elites, the one Nappa is in and the one's that are of royal descent (Super elite as you may call it), otherwise Vegeta's speech makes 0 sense.
Last edited by Future Warrior on 15 Jan 2018, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 15 Jan 2018, 00:38

The last bit of Nappa's bio immediately made me think of this:

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:42

Recoome 2.0!!

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 15 Jan 2018, 00:47

One of my old theories was that Nappa watched Reacoom do Eraser Gun and decided to make his own version of it.

I was like 14.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:53

It's better than the theory that Recoome is Gero's son.

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 15 Jan 2018, 00:54

Haha when I was a novice to Dragon Ball and hadn't even watched the anime, I thought the giant muscle man beating Vegeta (Recoome) was actually the one who was with Vegeta before (Nappa), some friend of him or some shit.

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 15 Jan 2018, 02:15

I thought Reacoom was #16's brother. In the Ocean Dub, Vegeta called Reacoom an "Android" and, well, my young mind went from there.

When I saw the Japanese (no subs) episode of Future Trunks arriving to stop Freeza, I thought Trunks was actually Goku. Why? The part where he says "I'm not soft like Goku" and Freeza saying the name right after made me believe Trunks was introducing himself as Goku. Also, the only Super Saiyan I've seen up to this point is Goku. Oh, and I thought King Cold was actually Freeza. By this point, I've only seen Freeza's first form, and that looked closer to Cold than anything else.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to my original thoughts of things. Mainly because of how funny it was.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 15 Jan 2018, 02:21

Sadly never had those crazy ass beliefs about Z, IIRC. The worst case is that i thought Dabra was Akkuman after some transformation and that he was somehow related to Piccolo, because they were all demons.

I also used to think invisible Kaioken was a thing :troll

[+] Spoiler

ahill1

Postby ahill1 » 15 Jan 2018, 02:27

When I was watching Dragon Ball in the Piccolo Daimao saga I thought that the old Piccolo Daimao that appeared in the spaceship (that was Piccolo's 1st appearence) was actually Kami-sama, since I had already watched the Z portion (but hadn't payed attention to some key dialogues that would imply Kami-sama was a good person)... that's at leat understandable since they are complete alike, and that I have also seen a scene of Kami-sama about to cut Goku's tail, so I thought "this is Kami-sama, he is definitely evil". In the ending soundtrack of my country's versiin there's also a part that they say "Kami-sama might be a cruel being" (in the JP version they were probably merely referring to God overall, not to the character), so I definitely thought he was evil, and even when he told the whole story to Goku and got there in the 23rd Budokai to stop Piccolo, I was still not convinced he was a god perswn and thought he was plotting some thing against Goku lol... then I convinced myself that he was good after Piccolo was defeated and runned away, but when Goku was all shirtless and he was about to give Goku new clothes, I thought "now it's the moment he will reveal his true self", lol. Funny times.

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 15 Jan 2018, 02:37

Lol, I was another "Invisible Kaio-Ken" believer. Mainly because the subs I watched had Kaio say Goku's been using it the entire time.

I also thought Super Saiyan Goku was only 5 million. I eventually changed my mind and thought he was 15 million. Anything close to 100 million seemed phony to me.

GreatSaiyaman123

Postby GreatSaiyaman123 » 15 Jan 2018, 02:38

I never got the "Kami-Sama might be cruel" part. I used to think he was an evil guy off screen, mainly because i thought some movies were canon and Garlic Jr thinks Kami is an asshole.

I used to doubt even Vegetto broke 500 millions, lmao.

How this thread went from Vegeta's Garlic Gun to embarassing mistakes about DB? :et

[+] Spoiler

Evil Vegeta

Postby Evil Vegeta » 15 Jan 2018, 07:18

Going off-topic makes discussions more interesting.

Sometimes...

Return to “Dragon Ball Discussion”