abt yu-gi-oh! &...

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Nah I wouldn't say so. If Bakura summoned all the Monsters in Defense position Yugi might have been worried that they were effect monsters and been less willing to blindly rush to attack. That might not make sense irl because we play on a mat or a table and can see whether the monsters are effect monsters or not, but in the anime they play 20 feet apart from one another and see holograms, not cards.

Its still a bit of a shitty explanation since Kaiba and Yugi seem to know most of the cards in the game, but whatever, they wanted to follow the OCG rules more closely for the anime duel :king :king :troll

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
i still don't get it i think. if bakura placed cards in defence-position (not set defence) then that might jst mean he wants to defend, because he doesn't have any cards that can defeat yugi's or just wants to play safe for that time, but if he blatantly places them in attack-position without any set-cards in spell/trap zone then that's just too suspicious i think. he even played a card in attack-mode that had higher defence that could defend from yugi's cards at that point (1.8k), yet he still played in attack (1.3k) which yugi could defeat i think. that reminds me of wot bandit-keith did with "accidentally" dropping a card, showing that to jounouchi & then setting in defence which was much lower i think.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The explanation is still a bit contrived, I agree, but in the anime Defense Monster holograms are covering the card (which is why in the manga version of the Exodia duel between Yugi and Kaiba, Yugi couldn't tell what Saggi the Dark Clown's card effects/lore were), which would then make Yugi cautious as to whether the monsters have special effects that could be triggered by haphazard attacks. Bakura probably also worried that if he had set cards on the field in the spell and trap card zone, Yugi wouldn't attack.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Fantastische Hure said:
i think that's better to have a set-card then lose all your lp :king :king :king

Bakura's whole strategy was to have Dark Necrofear in the graveyard, tho :troll :troll2

(Don't ask why he didn't just discard the card from his hand :king :king :king )

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
True, but it doesn't seem like it necessarily needs to be sent there by battle considering Bakura sent it back to the graveyard with a card effect later in the duel. I don't see why he didn't just attack Dark Magician Girl and weaken Yugi's LP a bit before Yugi destroyed it, esp since it'd probably take a Dark Magician to destroy Dark Necrofear and that would mean Yugi would lose more life points whenever he attacked with it while Dark Sanctuary was in play :cena :cena

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, after that's on the field that seems the card can be send to the grave-yard by anything & still active the effect. bakura's playing-style made no sense to me at 1st i think. :troll :troll :troll

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Bakura for some reason doesn't seem to care how many life-points he loses, as long as he gets to win by some card effect like when he set up Yugi to "die" with the DEATH effect of Destiny Board, when he duped regular Yugi into destroying his graveyard so that only Yugi would have to keep discarding his entire deck into the graveyard etc.

His duel against Yami Marik was like the only one (aside from the Duelist Kingdom duel which was just a poor man's version of Monster World from pre-DK) where he tried to deplete the opponent's life points I think.