Ace and Jimbei

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Do you believe a large gap grew between them in the time between their battle and the start of the main storyline? Considering Ace's potential and him surviving numerous battles against Whitebeard and rival pirates, it's not out of the question. This is mainly something to bring into question because of scaling with post-skip Luffy. It's shown in Fishman Island he only needs Gear 2nd to rival Jimbei, yet would need Gear 4th just to compete with the Admirals as shown in Dressrosa. By comparison, most of the WB Commanders can at least put up a fight against the Admirals, so unless we were to assume Ace was far weaker than the likes of Jozu, Vista and Marco, he'd have to have made some great gains. It's definitely a possibility, considering Sabo's reached Admiral tier, but what do you think?

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
He is definetley far below the likes of Jozu, Marco, Vista but still only a bit below Doffy. Jinbei was shown to be about equal to Post Timeskip Sanji with the fire water duality and squarrel. Ace definetley grew a lot faster than Jinbei being a prodigy and all and on top of that being in the WB pirates. Post timeskip Ace would be a bit above Savo probably equal to Fujitora

Itachi

Low Class Warrior
Jinbei is really weak outside water. I'd say he's not even "warlord" level (I get that the title doesn't really mean much). I have no doubt he'd win in an aqueous environment, but likely get destroyed otherwise.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
Itachi said:
Jinbei is really weak outside water. I'd say he's not even "warlord" level (I get that the title doesn't really mean much). I have no doubt he'd win in an aqueous environment, but likely get destroyed otherwise.
He was stronger than Moriah and Crocodile though outside water though.

Alex Boss

High Class Warrior
Jinbei could match up with Luffy 2nd gear pre-ts and has his punches and speed are most likely G3 level.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Epicnessbeyond said:
Captain Cadaver said:
Epicnessbeyond said:
He is definetley far below the likes of Jozu, Marco, Vista but still only a bit below Doffy
Doffy > Jozu though.
Vista>Doffy though
Not proven. The example I provided was based on what Doflamingo actually showed against Jozu, whereas Vista has yet to show anything to directly place him above Doffy. In fact, as far as feats against Mihawk go, Jozu >/>> Vista.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Epicnessbeyond said:
Captain Cadaver said:
Doffy > Jozu though.
Vista>Doffy though
Not proven. The example I provided was based on what Doflamingo actually showed against Jozu, whereas Vista has yet to show anything to directly place him above Doffy. In fact, as far as feats against Mihawk go, Jozu >/>> Vista.
Exactly Doffy<Vista<Jozu

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Doflamingo's feats point to him being superior to Jozu. The off-guard argument means little since as Itachi already mentioned, there's yet another comparison between them with Aokiji freezing both of them, yet Doflamingo was the only one to thaw himself out. Beyond that, Jozu didn't present much beyond the feat against Mihawk to say he could beat Doflamingo in terms of raw power, to which we have to bring into question the debatable aspect of where Mihawk actually stands.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Doflamingo's feats point to him being superior to Jozu. The off-guard argument means little since as Itachi already mentioned, there's yet another comparison between them with Aokiji freezing both of them, yet Doflamingo was the only one to thaw himself out. Beyond that, Jozu didn't present much beyond the feat against Mihawk to say he could beat Doflamingo in terms of raw power, to which we have to bring into question the debatable aspect of where Mihawk actually stands.
Doffy broke out but that freezing technique was much much weaker. He had his hands in his pockets and didn't even use a named attack. Also he didn't go for the killer intent. He just did what was needed to stop him from killing Smoker. Also if you see how he was frozen it was just a thin layer of ice on him. On the contrary against Jozu he clearly was going for the kill since they were in the middle of a war and on top of that he used the a named attack and the ice was extremely deep. Their is a clear difference. Their is no way Doffy is beating the top 3 strongest commanders in any Yonko crew other than Blackbeard

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Epicnessbeyond said:
Itachi said:
Crocodile when?
Everyone is stronger than Crocodile
I'd wager Moriah at the very least isn't. Not without sufficient prep time anyway. Crocodile's feats at Marineford indicate that he's not too tremendously behind the best of the Shichibukai. Law is probably weaker than him, but I forget my reasoning for that.

@thread: Ace most likely. His showing against Akainu at Marineford wasn't impressive but that was just an unlucky matchup.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Crocodile clashed evenly with Doflamingo, for the brief moment that was shown at least.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Zoro said:
Crocodile clashed evenly with Doflamingo, for the brief moment that was shown at least.
But they arent even near each other. Crocodile got be by Pre Ts Luffy before even learning the gears

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
He still was not one shouted by Doflamingo, or even close to being defeated by him. Contrary to that, Moriah was about to die when Doflamingo attacked him.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Those feats were retconned. Crocodile's showings at Marineford aren't the showings of someone weaker than Alabasta Luffy. Also, he was sent to Level 6 in Impel Down, while the Luffy worth 300,000,000 was only sent to Level 5.

Edit: Luffy's win at Alabasta is kinda bullshit anyway. Regardless, Crocodile's stronger than he lets on at Alabasta.