Are Kaido and Big Mom still alive?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't recall if it was ever stated or not. What has happened with their crews/territory? When Whitebeard died it was said that Blackbeard started taking his old territory almost immediately.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think theyre still alive, if they were dead there'd probably be confirmation considering how much Oda refrains from killing off his characters.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
If so that's probably the most impressive feat in the series. I'm pretty sure they are at the bottom of an active volcano lol

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
If so that's probably the most impressive feat in the series. I'm pretty sure they are at the bottom of an active volcano lol
Considering Pell survived a huge-ass bomb that was able to level like half the capital the sky's the limit lol

Future Warrior

Elite
Kaido is probably dead I'd wager, we actually saw him getting submerged in the magma before it erupts. Plus I'm not sure what he would add to the story if he were to be back.

Big Mom is guarenteed to be alive. She outright said this wouldn't kill her after falling down that hole, Pudding iirc was convinced she wasn't dead, and she has hanging plot threads that could be explored with her return.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So would she still be a Yonko if she ends up surviving? Just seems odd if she returns to prominence after being defeated.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
No one in one piece is dead until I see bodies, and not even then.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I think they are. If not even worthless characters die most times, I don't think Oda would kill them. I bet Vergo and Monet are still alive as well lol. Idk with Monet since she had her heart pierced but who knows... That Pell from Arabasta exploded with the bomb and survived. Maybe Pedro is alive and will make a final return as well haha. Though I think the way they set that up... Pedro is dead. Monet likely too. Not Vergo imo.

I think there would be a different build up if the Yonkos died, specially Big Mom who swore revenge iirc. Though I don't think they'll have an impact anymore otherwise it'd top the scales too much since they're way too strong.

Future Warrior

Elite
I can't see an Elbaf arc without Big Mom involvement. It may not be what we want but it seems the most likely.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I'd like to see her fight Luffy 1v1. Her performance against Kid and Law was trash, but they still had to use cheap tactics to "beat" her.