Ask ahill

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Pocket-God said:
What are your top three favorite DBZ movies?

Somewhat hard question to answer. I have an affection towards all the original manga's villians. Still, I'd say that Cell and Boo have stood out less to me considering their limited time on-screen. Piccolo was the first villain that provided that sense of uneasiness and "ohh, this guy's bad news", with the show featuring good scenes between Piccolo Junior and his former arch-enemy Son Goku, while Vegeta was a triggering character with his first-introducced calm demeanor and his later obsession in surpassing Goku. Freeza... Is Freeza.

Freeza
Piccolo
Vegeta

Pocket-God

Elite
:wat

I asked you about your three favorite DBZ Movies. Not your three favorite DBZ villains.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Damn, have just now realized this is about movies, not villains. :facepalm

Well, I'm not that fond of the new "feeling" that there is to the new material featuring DB, but the three most recent movies have at least offered a good variety in comparison to the predictable plot and execution of the other Toei-movies. Freeza no Fukkatsu, out of those three, still stood out the least to me,.with the BoG being the one who provided the best mix of new ideas and fun with the old gags.

Battle of Gods
DBS: Broly
Freeza no Fukkatsu

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Favourite character design in GT?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Vegeta, likely. Really liked his earthlings clothes and he seemed pretty badass there, with his hairstyle fitting him nicely. His facial structure also remembers his Boo saga self, unlike his less mature face in the Super show. The SSJ4 design would be a close contender.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What about the mustache? :what

How do you feel about the characters in Super, both anime and manga? Do they feel right to you? Which set do you prefer between the anime and manga?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Nah, didn't think the mustache fit him that nicely. Thankfully they did take it off quickly.

My problem stems more with Goku and Vegeta, notably the two most important characters. Goku's naive nature and idiocy seems to have been exaggerated by the people in charge of it, in both the manga and the anime. Goku was naive before, granted, but his naivete seemed to come more from social awkwardness, not from flat out idiocy. To name a few examples we have Goku constantly making silly remarks, not understanding the other's explanations and needing Vegeta to get such in his thick head, not knowing what a kiss means despite having already had 2 child's, forgetting Zamasu's seal and initially not caring that his desire of setting an universal tournament could mean the end of several billions of people. Plus, he stating that he doesn't seem fit to train Oob and needing to be encouraged by Dende to take such task doesn't feel right. Never got the impression that Goku was initially against the idea of training Boo's reincarnation.

On Vegeta's side, we have him still feeding his old rivalry with Goku, stating he can't get around the fact that he's always the second, while... That come off as strange given this latter's admittance of inferiority to Goku, in which he understood Goku was simply better than him and the WHY he couldn't surpass him despite all his heavy training. So a Vegeta that screams to his lungs on how he must surpass Kakarotto doesn't feel right to me. I prefer the way he was handled in GT, with such thought no longer being a recurring theme.

As for side characters like Piccolo, Gohan, Kuririn... While it'd be nice to give the first two more of a role in the story, I don't think their characterisation were necessarily handled out poorly. Gohan is doing what he always wished -- studying -- and Piccolo seems to be kept consistent with how he was dealt -- except maybe the moment in the u6 Tournament of the manga in which he claims to be Piccolo's evil reincarnation... While he seemed to have abandoned such title post fusing with Kami, by proclaiming himself to be a "Namekian who has forgotten his own name".

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What’s the hottest temperature you’ve ever experienced?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
If not counting instances I've been to a sauna, probably 40° Celsius or so.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Are you still going to the gym?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
No, stopped a while ago. Planning to go back to it soon.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Do you think Bolsonaro is the rightful president of Brazil?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
theallpowerfulpuipui said:
Do you think Bolsonaro is compensating for his secret homosexuality?

Haha always thought Bolsonaro was secretly gay. No straight guy is that obsessed with these things.

@SSJ2 -- He was the rightfully ellected president. Still, I don't think he has the wherewithal to be the president.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What is something unaffordable that you would like to do or try some day if you became rich?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Super Saiyan said:
What is something unaffordable that you would like to do or try some day if you became rich?

Get lots of different pussies ofc

In all seriousness though, I think I've never thought about it too hard... but thinking quickly now, I think spending the new year's even party in a yatch and calling every of my friends and family would be really lit.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
Where I live, some Brazilians fly the flag of Portugal (except during World Cup.) Is this an American thing? What is the distinction?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
theallpowerfulpuipui said:
Where I live, some Brazilians fly the flag of Portugal (except during World Cup.) Is this an American thing? What is the distinction?

I've never seen someone doing it tbh. Can't say it doesn't exist here, but it isn't common.