Ask The Sovereign Master Of Spamifestation Anything That Your Little Heart Desires

Warmmedown

Elite
It's definitely a term used in the US too. I guess all your extended fam live abroad then?

When I said new I only meant new to you haha, not "brand new".

Do you modify your daily driver, or just the Subaru?

Cool photos. I looked up the normal STi engine. You got a 3rd air intake system? Are those fans on the intercooler? What's the second photo showing? The fans (?) attach to that black part? What's that black part?

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Sovereign Master of Spamifestation
Yes.

I modify all of my cars, to some extent, however minor.

Only a single intake, since single turbo. The duct routed from the foglight cover just helps cold air get to the filter in addition to the usual snorkel. Yes, fans are extra for additional air flow and cooling. It's very rare and unique. There is heat tape on the intercooler, heat blanket on the turbo, and heat wrap on the downpipe. It's essentially as efficient as cooling would ever get on this platform.

Warmmedown

Elite
Whoops, I meant to say 3rd party (ie aftermarket) air take, my bad.

What's this circled part called?
lEEkNyk.jpg

In that case, what are the first one or two things you personally think about modifying on a car, for performance (not necessarily speed, could be for economy etc)? Or you can just say what the first thing you changed on your Acura was.

Do you do seasonal tyre swaps? My uncle said that when lived in NYC and had an '07 STi he had winter tyres for the snowy season.

Do you have a pet?

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
The circled part is just a rubber grommet to allow wires into the cabin through the firewall.

Light bulbs are usually what I change first. I always swap in yellow hued foglight bulbs. I love the aesthetic look, and it also helps at night with visibility. I've decided not to modify cars in the performance department if they're naturally aspirated, as it's a waste of funds.

I've driven int he winter on bald tires in FWD cars. Driving experience is what matters the absolute most. Tires would be second. Through the multitude of different cars that I've had, I've had all types of tires. Winter tires aren't necessary, in my opinion. Right now, I have top tier all season performance tires on both TL's. With that being said, I do like to have spare sets of wheels with stickier tires.

Never had a pet.

Warmmedown

Elite
How much do you have to notify your insurance company if you modify a car? Eg do changes like putting a sticker on the rear window, wrapping the car a different solid colour or doing a remap increase your insurance premium or void your insurance if you're in a crash and didn't declare the changes?

Do you like to go to wild areas, forests, farmland etc?

What's the oldest item of clothing you own? How old is it?

What are your current goals?

What's one thing you had or did before, but don't have or do nowadays, that you would like to bring back?

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
How much do you have to notify your insurance company if you modify a car? Eg do changes like putting a sticker on the rear window, wrapping the car a different solid colour or doing a remap increase your insurance premium or void your insurance if you're in a crash and didn't declare the changes?

Do you like to go to wild areas, forests, farmland etc?

What's the oldest item of clothing you own? How old is it?

What are your current goals?

What's one thing you had or did before, but don't have or do nowadays, that you would like to bring back?
I've never bothered with informing insurance about modifications. I imagine if you have a high end vehicle, and have modified it extensively ($10,000+), then it'd be a different story.

We have some rural areas with farmlands. The only time that I'm around those types of landmarks are when I'm cruising around. However, I don't intentionally go get lost in a forest on foot.

Oldest article of clothing that I wear? It's probably one of my suits, and it's a couple of years old.

I'm not going to share my deepest desires and goals. However, a minor goal that I'm working on constantly is the next vehicle that I want to purchase. I've had 5 failed purchase attempts, and I'm determined to find one. I'll only post and share once I have one in my possession.

One item that I had, that I no longer have, yet want again? Nothing at the moment, because if there was something, then I've already reacquired it.
One task that I did, that I no longer do, yet want to do again? Nothing. The best version of me has discarded old tasks that no longer fit in that ideal state.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
I'm going to:
1) complete my fitness challenge
2) finish reading Magi
3) hopefully begin playing, and beat, TOTK before my fitness challenge concludes
4) after the fitness challenge concludes, take a break from DBZeta for a year

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
When are you going to take that break from DBZeta?
-My final day will be on 12/31/23.

Why are you even taking a break?
-Thug life.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
My goals for 2024:

1) Watch Vinland Saga
2) Watch Jujutsu Kaisen
3) Complete Dragonball Z: Kakarot
4) Complete as much as reasonably possible in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
5) Play through The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask once more
6) Purchase the final dream car on my bucket list
7) Finish reading Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
8) Read the Dragonball Z manga entirely
9) Refrain from logging into DBZeta
10) Seek out a girlfriend that meets my standards
11) Upgrade my wardrobe to a higher quality caliber
12) Reach a body fat of 10%, or lower
13) Obtain a score of over 150 on the grip strength dyno
14) Try out a new haircut style that I haven't tried before
15) Try out different uncommon beard styles
16) Attempt the abstinence challenge
17) Sell excess items that I no longer need or want
18) Travel to a state that I haven't been to before
19) Complete another spontaneous roadtrip on a random weekend
20) Visit locations in Cleveland, OH that I haven't visited before
21) Improve the quality of the pictures that I take

We shall find out on 1/1/2025 which of these goals have been accomplished.