Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
No Negative Post Allowed
21c69e28bab92357e5679d2d2f422cf1--baby-vegeta-dragon-ball-gt.jpg

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
- It was the best arc of GT by far.
- Unlike the other GT Arcs, which were for the most part soulless rehashes of previous Dragon Ball material, this was a proper expansion on previous material. Unlike Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, it's main villain wasn't some brute with zero personality, but a vengeful one with more justification for his actions than most DB villains.
- The supporting cast probably had more to do here than in half of the other arcs of the franchise. Pan got a nice victory against one of the Mega Cannon Sigma members, Trunks expelled Baby from himself and later aided in the restoration of those under Baby's control to their normal senses. Piccolo essentially had his own episode (even though it doesn't make much sense why he couldn't just deactivate the Ultimate Dragon Balls).
- It introduced one of, if not the, best Super Saiyan designs, Super Saiyan 4.
- Whilst Baby's retreat at the end can be seen as cowardly, it works in differentiating him from other villains, making him seem more realistic than those too obsessed with their own ego to know when a situation turns hopeless.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
CC covered everything, can't think of anything to add. I wish SSJ4 Goku vs SBV2 was done better, though.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
The whole fuckin thing. My wife didn't leave the house for 12 hours and sent me to McDonald's for more food to watch the whole arc.

One of the best in db.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
theallpowerfulPuiPui said:
The whole fuckin thing. My wife didn't leave the house for 12 hours and sent me to McDonald's for more food to watch the whole arc.

One of the best in db.

obvious lie is obvious

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
- Whilst Baby's retreat at the end can be seen as cowardly, it works in differentiating him from other villains, making him seem more realistic than those too obsessed with their own ego to know when a situation turns hopeless.
Goku killed Baby with no fucks given. GT Goku is a lot different, and more intelligent than dbs Goku.

Baby also has my favorite character design since Cell. He's fucking sinister looking with a touch of futuristic.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
I'd like it if it respected more the manga canon chain. Gohan should be
Baby's main host and he should go ultimate instead of super Saiyan.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
KyuubiAhri said:

One of the best in db.

obvious lie is obvious

It's the truth.

that it is the lie?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Indeed, the villain isn't just some generic strong villain that want to destroy the universe. Similarly with the GOAT Zamasu, they have a hatred towards the Saiyans since they're the one who destroyed Baby's race and surpass the gods.

Theallpowerfulpuipui

Super Elite
Fearless Super said:
Indeed, the villain isn't just some generic strong villain that want to destroy the universe. Similarly with the GOAT Zamasu, they have a hatred towards the Saiyans since they're the one who destroyed Baby's race and surpass the gods.

:gay

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Supreme said:
I wish SSJ4 Goku vs SBV2 was done better, though.
It was done well for what it needed to be. If anything, it should've been shorter and gotten into the stomp segment of it from the start, considering the Golden Oozaru portion was more necessary for this arc's theme of Baby using Saiya power against the Saiyans, making the SS4 Goku VS SVB2 fight practically filler leading into it.

Speaking of which, another positive to this arc is Golden Oozaru Vegeta-Baby. There hadn't been a major "Giant battle" in the main series of the anime since Oozaru Vegeta, which had been over 300 episodes worth of content ago. Had it been handled similarly instead of Goku getting a Toei power up, it would've probably been the most interesting fight in GT by far, though I at least liked the part in which both were KO'd.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Golden Oozaru VS Goku was kinda boring and I prefer SBV2 VS Goku though. I loved how Goku was winning that fight and also he was badass too.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
- Baby's reasoning for his villainous actions is understandable, and rather than him being a mindless mess, he was capable of making rational decisions when in danger. For example, retreating when he wasn't strong enough to handle Goku, Pan and Trunks, and attempting to evacuate when SSJ4 Goku finally took down Golden Oozaru Baby Vegeta. Despite Baby's seriousness in carrying out his goals, he was humorous on occasion, but in a dark way, so the seriousness of the situation was well maintained.

- Despite hearing that Baby finished Goku, Uub was willing to take matters into his own hands to avenge Goku. It was an extremely dangerous decision considering the power difference, but it shows that he's willing to put his life on the line to attempt to bring peace, like his mentor - Goku.

- Mr. Buu fusing with Uub basically made him complete, in a sense. This merger allowed for Uub to put up decent resistance against Super Baby 2, and with the use of Buu's magical abilities, he was able to reverse the effect of his backfired Chocolate Kamehameha, and prevent himself from being crushed by resisting Golden Oozaru Baby Vegeta from within his body.

- Like Uub, other supporting characters had some shining moments. E.g., Goten giving Teen Baby trouble despite slacking off on martial arts, Pan defeating Natt, Trunks resisting Baby's control, Kibito Kai using the Sacred Water to purify Baby's parasites within humans, Goten/Trunks/Pan/Gohan giving Goku power that allowed him to beat Baby, etc.

- This arc marked the debut of Super Saiyan 4, which is arguably the best Super Saiyan form in terms of design due to the mixture of past Super Saiyan forms with the Oozaru form, and the heightened Saiyan nature that it brings. Baby Vegeta's pseudo Super Saiyan forms and Golden Oozaru form had cool designs, and this was the first time in DB that we saw an intense and close battle that featured an Oozaru.