Battle Angel Alita Manga getting a movie

Warmmedown

Elite
[youtube]aj8mN_7Apcw[/youtube]

Looks legit. Never heard of the manga as far as I remember, but it has really good scores on Baka-MU and MAL.

Will probs go and see it. Would be cooler if I knew about it already; could have a full fanspazz over it, like I did for DB Evolution :)

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I've yet to read Alita, though have heard resounding reviews of it from the critical thinkers of the anime community, such as Thatanimesnob, so I imagine the manga's a great series.

Movie looks OK. At the very least, it ought to be better than the :trash that is DBE or the dumbing down of the GitS live action, so I'd watch it. Probably not going to be as good as the manga unless it has sequels like with the Rurouni Kenshin movie trilogy, seeing as how the manga seems to have a lot of supplementary details it'd be hard to cover in a film, but it ought to still be decent.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I never read the manga but I enjoyed the movie. Good effects, acting and action. Big budget and there's nothing cheap about it. I have seen some clips that compare it to the manga, and there's a number of scenes that are shot for shot from books.

Warmmedown

Elite
I personally enjoyed it too, very good for an action movie, and I'm hoping for a sequel. It was described as a flop in the US (don't know if it stayed that way), but sold very well in China, so I have hope. Wasn't so popular with critics, but seems like most normal people who watched it enjoyed it. I think it was structured to be the foundation of a series of movies, so as a standalone it can seem incomplete, which I think it part of why it got bad reviews, from people who expected a full story told within two hours. It would be a shame if it never got the chance to show what the foundation was being built for.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Havent gotten around to watching it yet but I've read the manga. Should probably watch it as a refresher at this point.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
The movie was great and deserves a sequel.
It sure does. I haven't actually watched it but I've been reading the manga and it's pretty damn good.

A sequel probably won't happen, unfortunately. The movie didn't do that well in theatres.

Warmmedown

Elite
Never heard of that, so it must suck. Not even sure I ever saw a Terminator in full.

wtf there was a Dumbo remake that year. And Lion King. Never heard of them, so they must suck.

Alita beat Addams Family, Shazam and Godzilla worldwide in 2019.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Never heard of that, so it must suck. Not even sure I ever saw a Terminator in full.

wtf there was a Dumbo remake that year. And Lion King. Never heard of them, so they must suck.

Alita beat Addams Family, Shazam and Godzilla worldwide in 2019.
It was another, supposedly bad, Terminator sequel.