Best Pokemon Games?

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Personally, I'm a gen 4 guy. I love the Pokemon, the anime, the Sinnoh region in general. Plus, Gen 4 has the Gen 2 remakes and they're pretty good as well.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Out of the ones I've played, Generation 2.

I haven't played X or Y yet though, and that would probably be even better than GSC, disregarding the Hoenn remakes.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Yellow Edition and Emerald Edition.
Best forever...

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Obviously PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Tough to say, but overall my preference lies in Generation 2 and Generation 4. Generation 5 was forgettable and pretty dull other than the lead villain(s) while the second half of Generation 6 is pure milking.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Agreed with those who said Gen 2 is the best. I don't have much of an interest for anything past Gen 4 personally.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I replay Gold, Silver, Ruby, and Red from time to time. I've wanted to try out Black/White but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it since it sounds like the whole system has become all about which trait your PKMN has and shit like that. I don't care if my Charmander is lethargic; he's going to beat someone's ass and grind to level up regardless.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Gen 2 for me. I had the most fun playing it for sure, but that could be due to the fact that I was pretty young. Either way, it's still the game that I enjoy replaying the most.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Yeah 2 and 4 seem to have great replay value imo
1 is pretty limited and 3 isn't meh with post game
And anything after I haven't really tried

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
What I really want is a continuing game. As you gain levels, your competition (the NPCs) get stronger too. I know Ruby or whatever did this with the PKMN League, but they only got buffed one time and I need more than that.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Kp try pokemon rumble free to download from e shop
It's a nice little game a bit limited though

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
For gameplay, either Gen 2 or 6, the former in terms of post-game material whilst the latter in terms of overall game mechanics (though if including remakes, you could logically replace 2 with 4, especially since the DS doesn't have the limited lifespan of a Gameboy cartridge). Plot-wise, I find Gen 5 is pretty underrated, since along with removing a few constantly recycled tropes of the franchise with it's initial Pokémon League challenge it also had time to be more thought provoking in probing on the moral issue of Pokémon battles.

Uncle Goten

Low Class Warrior
I've only played the first 3 gens, and the 3rd gen was probably my favourite.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
Ah Pokémon one of the many things that made my childhood so epic lol. I haven't played Gen VI yet but I hope to in the near future. But I liked every generation of Pokémon so far but my favorite game has always been Crystal, followed by HeartGold and then Emerald.

Gen 2 (Johto)
Gen 3 (Hoenn)
Gen 4 (Sinnoh)
Gen 1 (Kanto) [Even though this generation is broken in more ways than one, it's still a lot of fun to relive]
Gen 6 (Unova)

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
Pokemon Fire Red is the one I've played the most. I have the old one's but for some reason I enjoyed this one more

Yusuke-sama

Gen 2 will always be the best gen IMO. HGSS could have easily taken that spot but the weird designs and changed themes sorta messed it up.

I'm still really nostalgic about Gen 1 as I started playing the series during that gen.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
I dig Gen 2 and I also don't mind playing the HGSS remake either. Both definitely ahead of everything else easily, imo. As for the others, Gen 1 hasn't aged well though the remakes are okayish I guess, Gen 3 suffered from the later and much criticized Gen 5 issue of excluding (almost) all the old Pokemon (though I think Gen 5's new additions are far worse) as well as too much water, Gen 4 was fine but I found the story boring and a bit absurd and too ambitious for a Pokemon game, Gen 5 tried to improve in the story department but I failed to make it to like the third town when I actually played it. Can't speak for Gen 6.